WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Tell Me About Max Palmer (A.K.A. Paul Bunyan)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tell Me About Max Palmer (A.K.A. Paul Bunyan)
Bushinyou
Member # 5315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bushinyou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/p/paulbunyan/01.jpg

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/p/paulbunyan/02.jpg

What can you guys tell me about this guy? What were some of his main opponents?

Brad Dykens has requested that we not post images directly from his onlineworldofwrestling site.---CM

[ 05-06-2007, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Brad Dykens ]

IP: Logged
Gery from ISR
Member # 803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gery from ISR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I saw him in the Guiness book, but don`t think I`ve heard that he wrestled.

--------------------
בס"ד

"If ya want the best, you`ve got to get Rogers to fit the bill" - Buddy Rogers

To those who don`t believe, no explanation will do ;
to those who do believe, no explanation is necessary.

"I`m a wrestler, not a F`N stuntman!" Bret Hart to Vince Russo

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. Not very well, from all reports, but yup. Was a gimmick attraction obviously and I don't know if he really had any long programs. The 8' 2" I ain't buyin'.

quote:
Originally posted by Old Fall Guy:
The Converse Basketball Yearbook (1947 edition, I have the page in my hand) lists Max Palmer as 7-7 and he looks every bit of it. The caption:

BASKET DUNKER -- 7-foot-7 Max Palmer of Walnut (Miss.) High School just reaches over and drops 'em in the basket. Has averaged 50 points per game. Played in stocking feet or heavy brogans until Converse made him up a special pair of size 16 All Star basketball shoes. Max celebrated the occasion by dunking in 78 points against hapless Darling High for a final score of 104 to 8.

Sort of the Giant Gonzalez of his day. Here he is with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis:

-

Became an evangelist after his wrestling days.

So long from the Sunshine State!

[ 02-22-2006, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask I ]

Cincinnati Kid
Member # 339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cincinnati Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An individual using that name appeared on a card here in 1958 against Dick the Bruiser. This was when wrestling had returned to TV in Cincinnati and was from an Indianapolis promotion. When "Paul" was interviewed during studio wrestling, host Ken Linn remarked that he now knew how it was to interview a knee cap.

The Bruiser appeared later on the show and growled, "He (Paul Bunyan) is going to have to come up to my size".

I didn't see the match, but the results in the newspaper indicated that the Bruiser won.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations