WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Keep reminding yourself that Jushin Liger is 54

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keep reminding yourself that Jushin Liger is 54
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude is still unbelievably good for his age. Hell, good for ANY age. In some ways, better than he was in his heyday (like Rey Mysterio).

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

IP: Logged
Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only wish that the match with Rey Mysterio could of happen last year in New Japan, but Rey was injured and now it won't happen since Rey is in WWE.
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Soletaker:
I only wish that the match with Rey Mysterio could of happen last year in New Japan, but Rey was injured and now it won't happen since Rey is in WWE.

I mean Liger worked NXT a few years ago while still being on the NJPW roster. The chances are slim that Vince would agree to bring in Liger but it could possibly happen in NXT if HHH can get Vince to allow Rey to work for NXT one night against Liger.

--------------------
"Although Candide himself recognizes that it is absurd to do so, he dwells on the condition of man." - Voltaire

Check out my new podcast at www.rasslerevue.com

Cone Stold
Member # 19963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cone Stold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see Liger and Rey still going strong. One thing I like, especially in Reys case is when old timers used to say that the high flyers and bump takers of the day would be crippled by 40. Turns out some of them actually knew what they were doing and could have long careers.
OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liger has always been my poster boy for working smarter not harder. Yeah, he's spent the last fifteen years doing some crazy high spots, but the point is he doesn't do them often
when he does bust one out it means something Liger is probably the best there's ever been at logical storytelling in the context of a wrestling match. This why he's still going strong at 54 years of age. Early on he grasped the concept of "less is more" and embraced it. Think about his work in the late 1990s and early 2000s; amazing high-spots, right?

Now re-watch some of those matches that we remember as bell to bell high spots. They weren't, not even close to it, Blitzkrieg's were, because that's all he could do, string a bunch of high spots together and call it good. This is also why he's still going while most of his contemporaries are long since retired or working their assess off in front of "crowds of 140 people".

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Ordell
Member # 6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liger is the GOAT, period.

I would just love to see a Shooting Star Press one more time.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations