WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Results: Seattle, WA 1/11/89

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Results: Seattle, WA 1/11/89
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courtesy of The History of WWE

From Seattle Center Arena (4,000)

1) Col. DeBeers fought Mike Golden to a 10-minute time-limit draw

2) Top Gun defeated Abduda Dein via disqualification at 5:15 after Dein tossed Gun over the top rope

3) Buddy Rose & the Grappler defeated the Junkyard Dog & Ivan Koloff at the 14-minute mark when Rose pinned Koloff after the Grappler kicked Koloff with his loaded boot

4) Steve Doll & Scott Peterson defeated the Russian Assassins at the 12-minute mark when Doll pinned Russian Assassin #2

5) NWA World Champion Ric Flair pinned Sting at the 25-minute mark with his feet on the ropes for leverage

6) Lex Luger, NWA World TV Champion Rick Steiner, & Dick Murdoch (sub. for Dusty Rhodes) defeated NWA Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors & Commando Ray when Luger pinned Ray

7) Road Warrior Hawk won a Bunkhouse Stampede by last eliminating Rick Steiner; other participants included Col. DeBeers, Mike Golden, Top Gun, Abduda Dein, Buddy Rose, the Grappler, Junkyard Dog, Ivan Koloff, Steve Doll, Scott Peterson, the Russian Assassins, Dick Murdoch, Road Warrior Animal, and Commando Ray; the final three in the ring were Hawk, DeBeers, and Steiner, with Steiner eliminating DeBeers

IP: Logged
Kid Chrome
Member # 5607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Chrome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a huge Portland/NWA fan I would had loved to had been there for this card. Where was I?
the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luger Steiner, Murdoch, The Road Warriors and COmmando Ray in the dressing room

Ray - So who's taking the pinfall??

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Chrome:
Being a huge Portland/NWA fan I would had loved to had been there for this card. Where was I?

This was the card that was originally scheduled for the Colosseum, then moved when ticket sales were weak. They also changed the date two or three times further killing interest. This show pretty much killed the territory for the NWA.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Chained in a warehouse.

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who was top gunn

--------------------
free

stipe
Member # 115491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stipe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoneyDragon:
who was top gunn

One of dozen names (just Portland) used by David Fidel Sierra.

--------------------
Bad english warning !

stipe
Member # 115491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stipe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the bear:

Nice ! 😜

--------------------
Bad english warning !

elijahkareem
Member # 6045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elijahkareem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stipe:
quote:
Originally posted by the bear:

Nice ! 😜
sounds about right
ukfan01
Member # 127187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukfan01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OSJ from NM by way of WA:
This was the card that was originally scheduled for the Colosseum, then moved when ticket sales were weak. They also changed the date two or three times further killing interest. This show pretty much killed the territory for the NWA.

If it was moved for weak ticket sales, it must have already been on life support, or at the very least in a very bad way. And under George Scott it was only going to get worse.
CONAN
Member # 3659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CONAN         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
who was top gunn

I know he was the Assassin, the Destroyer, and Top Gunn. Was there more?
stipe
Member # 115491

Sarcasm. Sierra is one of those frequent answers about masked wrestlers. Like when you ask: Who was ... ? and the sure bet is: “Frank Morell !” 😉

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CONAN:
quote:
quote:
who was top gunn

He was longtime prelim guy David Patterson (for Crockett) before any of that.

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
who was top gunn

No, in Portland that was it. Although three identities (all very similar) in one small territory does seem a bit excessive in retrospect.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

I shop at One Stop
Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I shop at One Stop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh, those masked guys all look the same

--------------------
Where you buy it by the can or buy it by the case

ukfan01
Member # 127187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukfan01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's maskist, you're maskist [Smile]
Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I thought it was an earlier show that originally scheduled for the Coliseum? All the advertisements I saw mentioned the Arena. Just like the JCP show the previous August.

This show was still a near sellout. The previous show at the arena was a sellout.

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
quote:
quote:

I thought it was an earlier show that originally scheduled for the Coliseum? All the advertisements I saw mentioned the Arena. Just like the JCP show the previous August.

This show was still a near sellout. The previous show at the arena was a sellout.

Now that I think about it, you're right Matt, because I think Dusty was on the card that was moved around. Obviously, selling out the Arena when you started with the Coliseum has to be considered a major disappointment. If I remember correctly, it's a difference of about 9,000-10,000 seats.

--------------------
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Jm
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would enjoy this card as it had some unique matches.
Plus Grappler and Rose were upgrade subs over the Russian Assassins vs JYD & Ivan.

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
quote:
quote:

Now that I think about it, you're right Matt, because I think Dusty was on the card that was moved around. Obviously, selling out the Arena when you started with the Coliseum has to be considered a major disappointment. If I remember correctly, it's a difference of about 9,000-10,000 seats.
Yeah the show where they moved it around was headlined by Flair vs Dusty if I remember correctly.
Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

quote:
Originally posted by Jm:
Would enjoy this card as it had some unique matches.
Plus Grappler and Rose were upgrade subs over the Russian Assassins vs JYD & Ivan.

During the finish of this match, JYD hit Rose with headbutt while he was standing on the apron. And Rose to the backward "Nestee Plunge" through the timekeepers table. I've seen Rose take that bump numerous times, including at a spot show about 7 years before this.

First time I ever saw a wrestler go through a table.

Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:
quote:
quote:
who was top gunn

He was longtime prelim guy David Patterson (for Crockett) before any of that.
Once in a blue moon they would give Patterson/Sierra a win on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling TV in the early 80s. Always a solid performer, as were most of their lowcard/enhancement guys at that point. Of course considering that the stars included the likes of Jimmy Valiant and Rufus R. Jones, someone had to work hard in the match. That would be someone like Patterson/Sierra.

[ 01-14-2019, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Billy Burgess ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations