WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Who holds the record for longest run in a single company?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who holds the record for longest run in a single company?
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Undertaker? Cena? Inoki? Baba?

--------------------
free

IP: Logged
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you include wrestlers turned agents?
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure why not?

--------------------
free

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
other than owners of the promotion?

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Tony Garea still working for WWE?
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Verne Gange?

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Lucky Starr
Member # 1807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky Starr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard Finkel? Steve Lombardi?

--------------------
STATION 80 with DJ Lucky Starr - every monday nights 8PM to 9PM.
Official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/MixHitRadioStation80/

merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Garea too, but Finkle claims to be the longest tenured WWE employee, from 1975 to present...
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Haden't considered verne. Did he ever work outside awa during his time as owner. I started the thread thinking in ring talent.

--------------------
free

WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long was Ed Farhat around in Detroit?

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steph was doing advertising in the late 80s...
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

How long has Kevin Dunn worked for WWE for? Also other behind the scenes people like Kerwin Silfies have been there for decades.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Wikipedia is to be believed, Vince McMahon started working for his dad in 1969 before eventually buying the olace.
Rod Trongard's Hair
Member # 26742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod Trongard's Hair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did Arnold Skaaland work for the WWF?

--------------------
Don't Flip Your Wig

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James Dudley?
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watson for Tunney, 1940 to 1972 will be up there, I think. Don't think he worked for Frank after the auto accident on anything like a regular basis, though....

How long did Mario Galento work for Fields?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WahooFan:
How long was Ed Farhat around in Detroit?

Farhat worked for various promoters prior to his buying out Barnett & Doyle in the Detroit region, so he'd be in the running for "longest run in a specific area", but I wouldn't include him -- or Verne -- given they owned their promotions. Same way I wouldn't include Vinnie's run after 1982.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

BERT from NJ
Member # 4090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BERT from NJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:
Is Tony Garea still working for WWE?

Think I read Tony finally retired a few years ago, and maybe even moved back to New Zealand after 3 decades.
Hopefully someone can verify this more definitively.

[ 07-17-2017, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: BERT from NJ ]

--------------------
"Kneel before Zod"
General Zod

"You're a little out of order yourself-You insulted him a little bit, you insulted him A LITTLE BIT"
Jimmy the Gent Conway

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be the Fink.

42 years and still going.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah overall it has to be Fink.

For a wrestler what about Kane? He signed with WWE in 1995 and I'm not sure but I think he might still be technically with the company but not active as a wrestler. Either way it would be 1995 to 2017 so that's 22 years. Pretty impressive run. Undertaker too has to be on this list. He signed in what 1990? Technically he was still active up until 2017 so that is 1990 to 2017 which would be 27 years. I am sure both Kane and Undertaker will have roles with the company past their in ring careers so not sure we can even count them as finished yet.

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From this thread here are some people and their years:

Howard Finkel - 42 years
Tony Garea (I think he retired in 2007 but was still doing appearances as of 2009)- 35(37) Years
Steve Lombardi (based on Wikipedia start date of 1983) - 33 years
Whipper Watson - 32 years.
Arnold Skaaland (not sure when he left but using 1994 as last appeared) - 31 years
Undertaker - 27 years
Kane - 22 years

Anymore feel free to add or correct the list!

Edit: Added Garea

[ 07-18-2017, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: FantasyWrestlerDrew ]

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

When did Gorilla Monsoon settle down to WWE only? I would assume he has to be in the running as he was still considered WWF President as late as 1996. His last appearance I think was the time Stone Cold won the Rumble despite being eliminated and he set up the fatal four way of the last four. So say he was there from 1968 to 1996 that's a run of 28 years so he'd be above Taker under Skaaland.
the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hillbilly Jim was there years in the video part

may still be

[ 07-19-2017, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Mike Chioda's been refereeing in WWE since 1989.

Does Tony Chimel still ring announce for WWE?

Werdna
Member # 38248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Werdna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has Patterson been there?
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FantasyWrestlerDrew:
When did Gorilla Monsoon settle down to WWE only? I would assume he has to be in the running as he was still considered WWF President as late as 1996. His last appearance I think was the time Stone Cold won the Rumble despite being eliminated and he set up the fatal four way of the last four. So say he was there from 1968 to 1996 that's a run of 28 years so he'd be above Taker under Skaaland.

He was still doing commentary in 1998.
Idol I
Member # 4061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idol I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chimmel has been there since 83.

--------------------
http://TheHistoryofWWE.com/

mnwrestlingfan
Member # 8303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnwrestlingfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Bock? He was in the AWA for a long time, and even if he appeared in other territories, it was to defend the AWA title.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:
Originally posted by FantasyWrestlerDrew:

He was still doing commentary in 1998.
He gave Sgt. Slaughter the Commissioner role later in 1997 and stepped away as an the on air authority figure after that. But when he did commentary in '98 they still referred to him as the President.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking George Harben would be pretty high on the list. I think he wrestled for Crockett as early as the late '40s and was there in some capacity or another until the end of the company (I remember him as the old guy who sat at the door of the Spartanburg Auditorium to keep people from sneaking in).

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Werdna:
How long has Patterson been there?

I was thinking of Patterson but he had to leave in the early 90s (I think).
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Thinking George Harben would be pretty high on the list. I think he wrestled for Crockett as early as the late '40s and was there in some capacity or another until the end of the company (I remember him as the old guy who sat at the door of the Spartanburg Auditorium to keep people from sneaking in).

Did every promotion have one of those guys? Our doorman was Dirty Dick Barkley.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Dissin' Terry Funk
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dissin' Terry Funk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forrest Gump had a long run, but his company changed frequently....
Chrisbrgstrm from OR
Member # 7948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrisbrgstrm from OR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think Fabulous Moolah even discounting the years she was not involved

--------------------
DXellence - Wrestling's newest and greatest wrestling forum, Fantasy Tournaments, Hall Of Fame, Book and Movie Reviews, Weekly TV Discussion for Raw, Smackdown, TNA Impact and ECW, aswell as discussions involving all things wrestling.

http://dxcellence.muux.org

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations