WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Did Lanza ever show up in JCP/MACW with Mulligan?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did Lanza ever show up in JCP/MACW with Mulligan?
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems natural he would but I have never seen results.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

IP: Logged
M.DuPree
Member # 426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M.DuPree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Lanza went back to work for Verne,teaming with Bobby Duncum. I don't know if he ever did a one off,but I never heard of Lanza being in Mid Atlantic.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/RasslinRelics

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Lanza worked JCP from September to December of 1963 but never came back.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

M.DuPree
Member # 426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M.DuPree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found cards with him on them in Greensboro and Newport News until May of 1964, and then he apparently went back to Minneapolis. We had Lanza in Indy so long I never bothered to check out his early career too deeply. I never knew he ever worked in Mid Atlantic or for Roy Shire.

--------------------

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he worked in Tennessee in the early to mid 60s as "Joe Lanza".

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

M.DuPree
Member # 426

quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
I think he worked in Tennessee in the early to mid 60s as "Joe Lanza".

I saw a pic in an old newspaper and it didn't appear to be Jack.The timeframe wouldn't work,either,IIRC.

--------------------

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who'd Lanza have beef with? Mid Atlantic was one of the very best territories.

[ 07-13-2017, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ganja ]

--------------------

I don't like the divorce font!
---
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure there was heat. George Scott just saw Mulligan as a solo act (his replacement for Johnny Valentine in fact). I don't think he was wrong. Mulligan's promos and his aura blew Lanza's away, though I think Lanza might've been a better worker at one point.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who when I saw Lanza (be it on tape after his career ended)didn't like a lot of the facial expressions he had? I thought he was a fine in ring worker and he usually had Heenan on the stick but like he'd do a lot of chokes and when he did the claw he always tried to do this crazed look that just came off as super awkward. Probably just me but that was where I think he and Mulligan differed when it came to "aura" or presentation.
M.DuPree
Member # 426

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Ganja:
Who'd Lanza have beef with? Mid Atlantic was one of the very best territories.

Jack had a good deal with Verne, and only worked a light schedule for relatively the same money overall. Therefore,he was able to be home with his family more.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations