WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Lasik Surgery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lasik Surgery
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did it last month. Actually monovision to be technical. One of the best decisions I have ever made. Colors more clear. Watch TV without specs for first time in 20 years. Anyone else done it?

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody brought this up on fb or somewhere recently, and the majority of those who had done it said they eventually wound up wearing glasses again, fwiw.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it done back around 2001 or 2002. Years and years of working on light tables and then computers took a toll on my eyes. The Dr. told me eventually my eyesight would start getting bad again due to age and within the last year it has, but I got a good 14 years of not needing glasses or contacts out of it.

Glad it worked out for you.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

"One day I was walking and found this big log. Then I rolled the big log over and underneath was a tiny, little stick, and I was like, that log had a child!" - Yoda

Tatsuya
Member # 80195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tatsuya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it done in March 2003 so a little over 14 years now. Feels great not having to deal with contact lenses. If it wasn't for Lasik surgery probably would have gone back to glasses by now. May need to get reading glasses sometime soon but otherwise fine.
Old WWWF Fan
Member # 126715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old WWWF Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it worked for you. I tried to have it done but several eye doctors told me I wasn't a good candidate. I think one of them said something to the effect that they would have to shave off too much of my cornea. He compared it to the kind of nearsightedness that Tiger Woods had, but his cornea was fairly thick, I believe.
Sac
Member # 3044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it done several years ago. It was amazing for a while.

Now I'm at the age where I'm starting to need glasses for reading the computer screen all day at work. I do just fine with cheap reading glasses from Walmart, and I do just fine in normal daily activities. I can drive, watch TV, all that with no glasses whatsoever.

No regrets.

Steve Ogilvie
Member # 5116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Ogilvie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it done. Love it. But yes, the eye doctor said eventually I will need to wear glasses again, but for up close vision rather than distance.

--------------------
"Mr 100%"

obsmoke1
Member # 9205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for obsmoke1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it done probably around 17 years ago or so. It went great for awhile, but I eventually had to get a contact lens (left eye only) to play outfield in softball and now wear glasses for watching TV. I can still drive just fine and, all things considered, I think it was a good move to get it done.....

Shawn

--------------------
"Can't do it, Sallie..." Tom Hagen

WahooFan
Member # 2026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WahooFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old were you guys who had it done? I'm 50 and considering it, but I think I'm probably too old to make it worthwhile. I'm probably around the age where your doctors told you that you might need reading glasses.

--------------------
Arnold Palmer: "Gary Player eats bacon when no one's watching."

vitaminpurple
Member # 63626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitaminpurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had mine done 12 years ago at the age of 28. So far everything seems about as striong as when I had it done.

I did some minor damage to my eyes from sleeping in lenses, stretching out the expiration date etc so it was pretty much a no brainer for me.

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 47.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Guacamole Anderson
Member # 5859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guacamole Anderson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had it about 3 years ago at age 42. I'm happy with the results but can already tell I'm going to need reading glasses sometime soon (which they forewarned me was inevitable).

Only side effect I've experienced are "halos" at night around car headlights, streetlights, etc. Mildly annoying at most.

Total for the procedure was about $3,200 for me. Figured I'd spend about that much on contact lense supplies, glasses, etc. over the next 30-40 years...assuming I live that long, knock on wood.

Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI
Member # 6360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good info guys, I have been thinking about it for a while now as well. Thanks.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations