WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Trailer for the GLOW TV series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trailer for the GLOW TV series
Ordell
Member # 6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Netflix, so there is a lot of NSFW but very funny language. But it doesn't appear to use the original characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqDO6cTYVY

[ 05-15-2017, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Ordell ]

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. I always pull for people who make chicken salad out of chicken ****. They've taken something horrible and created something that looks very cool.
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This looks excellent. I hope it is a hit so we get more wrestling themed shows on TV and streaming services. There's a massive amount of material that could be used from the territorial days of US wrestling that the mainstream has never been exposed to.

BTW is this a 30 minute sit-com or a 1 hour dramedy type show?

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the **** did I just see? This looks great.

[Eek!] from Sunshine State!

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously not a David McLane production. Wonder if any of the originals will get cameos or anything like that. Be nice to see Lisa Moretti at least make a guest appearance.

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

ssw83
Member # 71243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ssw83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Kong and Chavo Guerrero, Jr are involved with the show.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
What the **** did I just see? This looks great.

[Eek!] from Sunshine State!

Tol'ja months ago this wasn't what everyone was expecting.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't stick in my mind.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=149735#000000
Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ssw83:

Wasn't Chavo Sr. one of the original GLOW trainers?

--------------------
Cynthia Celeste Miller
Spectrum Games

Check out my band, Eminent Remains, on Facebook.

Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I concur with everyone about how damn good this show looks. It had some genuine wit, good dialogue and an interesting primary character (or at least from what I can tell). That said, I've had a gut feeling since Day One that this would be a high quality show that wrestling fans can be proud of. This trailer makes me more sure of that.

--------------------
Cynthia Celeste Miller
Spectrum Games

Check out my band, Eminent Remains, on Facebook.

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Binge watching.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS:
quote:
Originally posted by ssw83:

Wasn't Chavo Sr. one of the original GLOW trainers?
Mando.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=149735#000000

Ah. Never read the last part of that.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

From the thread posted here on May 31, 2016 announcing this series (which people thought was just as "GLOW reboot" instead of show about GLOW):

quote:
The producers of this venture generally tend to set their goals a little higher than the average bear. This isn't gonna be a rehash of Hee Haw rasslin'. It's an Emmy-bait examination of Hee Haw rasslin'.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by codystarbuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Berberovic:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by codystarbuck:
[QB] Wonder if they will try to have any of the originals, like Lisa Moretti or Jeanne Basonne (Hollywood)? The latter's little sideline venture might be a bit problematic...

Hollywood has kept herself in fine shape, saw some of those "sideline" videos you speak of. The carpet at least matches the drapes.

I also saw that Jenji Kohan, of Weeds, is a producer, so the sideline might not be much of an issue, based on stuff that went on on that series.

In addition to "Weeds," Jenji created "Orange is the New Black" and was a writer/producer for "Gilmour Girls," "Sex & The City," and "Will & Grace." She has 10 Emmy nominations and won one. She's elite.

Back pops
Member # 117351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Back pops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trailer looks great. From the short time it was on I found it very reminiscent of oitnb. That show took a real dive after two seasons. I'm hoping that glow has a beginning middle and end.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
From the thread posted here on May 31, 2016 announcing this series (which people thought was just as "GLOW reboot" instead of show about GLOW):

quote:
The producers of this venture generally tend to set their goals a little higher than the average bear. This isn't gonna be a rehash of Hee Haw rasslin'. It's an Emmy-bait examination of Hee Haw rasslin'.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by codystarbuck:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Berberovic:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by codystarbuck:
[QB] Wonder if they will try to have any of the originals, like Lisa Moretti or Jeanne Basonne (Hollywood)? The latter's little sideline venture might be a bit problematic...

Hollywood has kept herself in fine shape, saw some of those "sideline" videos you speak of. The carpet at least matches the drapes.

I also saw that Jenji Kohan, of Weeds, is a producer, so the sideline might not be much of an issue, based on stuff that went on on that series.

In addition to "Weeds," Jenji created "Orange is the New Black" and was a writer/producer for "Gilmour Girls," "Sex & The City," and "Will & Grace." She has 10 Emmy nominations and won one. She's elite.

Yes, thought it was a reincarnation.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Primal Nitro from NY
Member # 6170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primal Nitro from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy ****! I can't wait to watch this.

--------------------
I used to be Dancazman, but I have transformed into Primal Nitro!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations