WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Timeless pairings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Timeless pairings
Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are some of your favourite pairings with continually strong matches? Guys who had matches in many territories, spanning many years with not too much of a drop off in match quality?

Steamboat and Flair had barn burners in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Storm and Jericho had heir first match together and then 25 years later, another great match. Rey and Juvi or Rey and Psychosis had awesome early year matches, and over a decade later had top matches.

Remember...I know it's subjective, but which pairings could you watch all day, from any era?

IP: Logged
KobashiChop
Member # 78522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KobashiChop         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misawa kawada
FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
FREE BEER PARTY 7-8 PM FOR ALL FANS

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pbhero:
Rey and Juvi or Rey and Psychosis had awesome early year matches, and over a decade later had top matches.

The feud that never dies...

The Golden Spike
Member # 5502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Golden Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KobashiChop:
Misawa kawada

It means no worries.
Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about multiple territories (mostly Georgia and maybe some in Mid-Atlantic), Mr. Wrestling II and the Masked Superstar could go months or even years without direct contact, but still pick off like they'd just battled each other yesterday. They always put on a good show.

And now that I think about it, I'd also include Dusty Rhodes and Dick Slater.

[ 05-13-2017, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Parts Unknown ]

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wahoo and Johnny Valentine is the obvious one.

Brisco/Funk went everywhere for years.

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Golden Spike:
quote:
Originally posted by KobashiChop:
Misawa kawada

It means no worries.
 -

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

Future Endeavor
Member # 1470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future Endeavor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abby and The Shiek. I read the Apter mags and they talked about the bloodbath in those matches.

--------------------
You can take the Hockey out of Canada, but you can't take the Canadian out of Hockey.

http://www.facebook.com/thevoiceofyourchoice

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tully and Dusty. Saw it in 2005 and it was like 1985 all over again.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muraco and Santana
Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobo Brazil & The Sheik

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lawler and Dundee

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gulascantfoolus:
lawler and Dundee

Lawler and Eddie Gilbert, as well.
gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Parts Unknown:
quote:
lawler and Dundee

Lets not forget The Handsome One

--------------------

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Parts Unknown:
quote:
lawler and Dundee

Lets not forget The Handsome One
Yes--thank you, but you can just refer to me as MISTER davephlegmball
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
Bobo Brazil & The Sheik

+1

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

I'll agree Ed Farhat's matches never had "a big drop off" in match quality. The sucked from the day he started until the day he retired.
gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
quote:
Bobo Brazil & The Sheik

+1
plus one what?

--------------------

kimballwv
Member # 128712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimballwv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assassin and Dusty Rhodes
Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
quote:
Bobo Brazil & The Sheik

+1
plus one what?
2 of the best, and their feud lasted many years across different territories...

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations