WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » March Madness & Work

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: March Madness & Work
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else watch on the job? My favorite weekend of the year!

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

IP: Logged
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't watch on the job but definitely follow along vigorously on ESPN and watch plenty at night and over the weekend.
Magnum GA
Member # 1286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnum GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really follow college hoops through the regular season, but I do get rapt up in March Madness. The big screen and remote will definitely get a workout the next few days.

The first weekend is great as that's when the biggest upsets tend to occur, 15 beats 2, 14 beats 3. One of these days, a 1 will lose to a 16, but until then, we can only get excited about David even hanging with Goliath for 15 minutes or so...

Like with my alma mater...

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/03/15/sports/ncaa-tournament-midwest-halfway-to-an-upset-san-jose-state-runs-out-of-magic.html

NCAA TOURNAMENT: MIDWEST; Halfway to an Upset, San Jose State Runs Out of Magic

AP MARCH 15, 1996

San Jose State thought it had a monumental upset brewing against Kentucky. Then the second half started.

The Spartans, one of only two teams in the National Collegiate Athletic Association tournament with a losing record, stayed with top-seeded Kentucky throughout the first half today. But Kentucky's pressure wore them out in the final 20 minutes and the Wildcats won, 110-72, in the first round of the Midwest Regional.

We absolutely hit the wall," San Jose State Coach Stan Morrison said. "You saw the element of depth and what that can do. The dam broke and there's a great price to be paid, and we paid it to an outstanding team."

Kentucky (29-2) only led by 6 at halftime, and the margin was just 12 with 12 minutes left in the game. Then the Wildcats scored on seven straight possessions -- dunks, 3-pointers, layups -- and the outcome was settled. Walter McCarty tied his career high with 24 points; Tony Delk scored 22 and Kentucky forced 26 turnovers. The Wildcats' 42 field goals came via a school-record 35 assists.

The Spartans (13-17) didn't have many problems with Kentucky's press in the first half, attacking it successfully and making their first five shots.

The teams spent most of the half trading leads, and San Jose State led by 4 on two occasions. The Spartans shot 61 percent in the half and outrebounded the Wildcats by 21-15.

The Spartans' last lead was 37-35 on a layup by Tito Addison with 4 minutes 38 seconds left before halftime. They made just two field goals the rest of the half, missed three free throws and committed three turnovers as Kentucky took the 6-point halftime lead.

[ 03-16-2017, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Magnum GA ]

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work for the company that printed all the NCAA men's and women's tournament programs each year.

Every year, we would set up an area for the people at IMG to use complete with 3 or 4 tvs, workstations, nice comfortable chairs and lots of pizza, usually Papa John's. That way, they could set there, watch the games and set up the pages as soon as the games were finished. Then, the files were given to us and we would work them through immediately.

If Kentucky or Louisville were playing, there would be a lot of us in their area watching along with them. The customers from IMG was always nice to us, and didn't mind us being there watching and eating.

They was also very picky, making many changes to the pages on the fly, doing their best to make sure every school's colors were exactly the right shade of whatever color they were, every players stat's was correct and so on.

I was usually the lead person on these jobs, working whatever hours needed to get the files through the department and ready to print.

So March Madness lived up to its name for me each year.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

slingshotsuplex from MD via PA
Member # 4067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slingshotsuplex from MD via PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just saying to a friend, with all the carriers now offering unlimited data plans, I suspect a lot more people will be watching on their devices over their cellular signals (those that can get them in their buildings) to avoid being on corporate wifi networks to stream games. People will be sneaking phones and tablets in and out of drawers all day LOL.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no work during March at my place [Wink]

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Starchild0224
Member # 4940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starchild0224     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was disappointed in our office this year. No one is doing a bracket pool or anything. I will offer my services next year, but it looks like the free stuff online is what everyone's doing now.

--------------------
I agree with James Beard.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations