WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Frances Crockett interview

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frances Crockett interview
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clip featuring the former Charlotte O's General Manager (and sister of Jimmy, David, and Jackie)...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article99567522.html

IP: Logged
dw
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The real brains behind the promotion for more than a few years. She has good reason to make the comment about women being smarter than men.

--------------------
It may be my sole purpose in life is, quite simply, to serve as a bad example to others.

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By all accounts her ex-husband John Ringley got a lot of credit but it was really her, or so I was told by people there.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

dw
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EVERY man I ever spoke with that passed thru Charlotte in the 1970's after Jim Sr died into the early 80's told me the same. Frances ran the company with her mother and Jim Jr was the front.

--------------------
It may be my sole purpose in life is, quite simply, to serve as a bad example to others.

hate sports entertainment
Member # 126344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hate sports entertainment     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dw:
EVERY man I ever spoke with that passed thru Charlotte in the 1970's after Jim Sr died into the early 80's told me the same. Frances ran the company with her mother and Jim Jr was the front.

Jim Sr passed in 1973.
dw
Member # 2106

Yes. Passed thru the territory in the 1970's after Sr died. Into the 1980's. Time period of about 10 years before Jim Jr took control.

--------------------

CHall
Member # 6332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article was published Dec. 19, 1976.

-

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worth pointing out that in 1982 she won The Sporting News AA Baseball Executive of the Year award.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under the ownership of the Crockett family all trademarks pertaining to the Charlotte O's baseball club were registered with the USPTO to a corporation called Charlotte Sports Promotions. This was either a subsidiary or otherwise relative of Jim Crockett Promotions and probably served as the operating company for the club.
John Williamson
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Coach:
By all accounts her ex-husband John Ringley got a lot of credit but it was really her, or so I was told by people there.

Didn't Flair have some far from complimentary words for him in his book? Can't remember exactly what but the name is ringing a bell.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Ringley was basically the designated successor to head Jim Crockett Promotions after the passing of Jim, Sr. but he messed everything up by having an extramarital affair. I haven't looked at Flair's book in a long time but I remember that being in there.
hate sports entertainment
Member # 126344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hate sports entertainment     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dw:
Yes. Passed thru the territory in the 1970's after Sr died. Into the 1980's. Time period of about 10 years before Jim Jr took control.

My bad bro. Read that wrong. oops!
CHall
Member # 6332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan P-170:
John Ringley was basically the designated successor to head Jim Crockett Promotions after the passing of Jim, Sr. but he messed everything up by having an extramarital affair. I haven't looked at Flair's book in a long time but I remember that being in there.

I have several newspaper articles from January 28, 1971 up to August 29, 1974 saying that John Ringley was the President of Ringley and Crockett Promotions Incorporated. It looks like Jim Crockett Sr. may have stepped down about two years before his death at age 64.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations