WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Can Someone explain this Teddy hart Incident to me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Someone explain this Teddy hart Incident to me?
Grobbit
Member # 80932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw his on youtube:

I'm not familiar with Teddy Hart or RoH, so wasn't sure what happened.

So, were the crazy flips off the cage unplanned and Teddy was lucky they caught him? Everyone seemed very angry, was that directed at Teddy and was it because he was putting himself over so much?

Who was the guy with the strap, he seemed really angry and was really wacking people with the strap.

Puking from the top rope into the ring is pretty stupid and disgusting, why did he do that? Does he have a drug problem or something and that caused him to puke?

[ 03-06-2013, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Grobbit ]

--------------------
"If I hit him with the left hand and he's still standing, I will walk around him to see whats holding him up." - Harley Race

IP: Logged
Stomper from SK
Member # 5703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stomper from SK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good explanation here.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/columns/markrose/10.html

--------------------
"When he's through counting his bruises, he'll revert to the farm life he left in Carbon, Alberta, when he embarked an his wrestling career. The Stomper credits Stu Hart with launching his career and adding polish to his techniques and strength to his body. He's come a long way since he left Hart's basement gym a decade ago." (by Hal Walker, from the CALGARY HERALD, Jan. 6, 1974)

Kid Chrome
Member # 5607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Chrome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biggest mark for Teddy is Teddy himself.

[ 03-06-2013, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Kid Chrome ]

Wanderlust Diaz from SIU
Member # 4108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanderlust Diaz from SIU         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Okay, so there it is. Teddy Hart claims to have had some sort of temporary amnesia due to a bump on the guardrail. I'm no doctor but I have never heard of this type of thing happening with any other high risk wrestler in the business." From that link.

Not to super defend Hart, who has been a proven bad apple, but tons of guys have forgotten what happened during matches after a concussion.

And in hindsight, knowing what we know about concussions now, makes ya wonder how much he has been affected by them.

--------------------
"(Nick) Diaz marches to the beat of his own drum. In his case, the bongos." Mike Goldberg

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teddy Hart is the greatest talent to ever enter the squared circle, just ask him!

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderlust Diaz from SIU:
"Okay, so there it is. Teddy Hart claims to have had some sort of temporary amnesia due to a bump on the guardrail. I'm no doctor but I have never heard of this type of thing happening with any other high risk wrestler in the business." From that link.

Not to super defend Hart, who has been a proven bad apple, but tons of guys have forgotten what happened during matches after a concussion.

And in hindsight, knowing what we know about concussions now, makes ya wonder how much he has been affected by them.

Doesn't Foley claim he remembers nothing about the HIAC match after the first toss? And there's a DDP match on YT somewhere where he says he was out of it but still working after a blow and remembers none of it to this day. Pretty common occurrence, rather, I think. Not sure "temporary amnesia" is the most technically-accurate word for it, but getting knocked for a loop and continuing on...it happens.

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

The Mississippi Mauler mark II
Member # 1561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mississippi Mauler mark II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was trained by Bruce and seems to have picked up his Uncle's delusions of grandeur in where he stands.

--------------------
"The best fine producer in our tournament was a guy from Tennessee named Moondog Randy Colley. He'd spent a few years in the WWF as part of the Moondogs tag team and claimed to have invented the leather-clad face-painted gimmick of Demolition, which Vince then stole from him. I liked Demolition better when they were called the Road Warriors anyway.", Chris Jericho from A Lion's Tale

The Mississippi Mauler mark II
Member # 1561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mississippi Mauler mark II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is truly a shame is he has the ability and pedigree to have been a big star had he gotten his ego in check.

--------------------
"The best fine producer in our tournament was a guy from Tennessee named Moondog Randy Colley. He'd spent a few years in the WWF as part of the Moondogs tag team and claimed to have invented the leather-clad face-painted gimmick of Demolition, which Vince then stole from him. I liked Demolition better when they were called the Road Warriors anyway.", Chris Jericho from A Lion's Tale

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mississippi Mauler mark II:
What is truly a shame is he has the ability and pedigree to have been a big star had he gotten his ego in check.

How many chances did he get in WWF/WWE until they pretty much gave up on him for the last time? At least three? That's saying something considering he's a "Hart" and he can do some really impressive stuff. Not the best wrestler in the world, but crazy spots.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madison Carter from TX:
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderlust Diaz from SIU:

Doesn't Foley claim he remembers nothing about the HIAC match after the first toss? And there's a DDP match on YT somewhere where he says he was out of it but still working after a blow and remembers none of it to this day. Pretty common occurrence, rather, I think. Not sure "temporary amnesia" is the most technically-accurate word for it, but getting knocked for a loop and continuing on...it happens.
'Retrograde amnesia' is the term for not remembering events immediately (whatever duration) prior (in addition to subsequent) to the concussion. Sometimes they comes back, sometimes they don't. So yeah can be 'temporary'. Not saying what did or didn't happen here but yes, nothing unusual at all about it.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
Anybody who says 'I'm here to solve problems, not create them' is about to create a problem.

carpetbeggar
Member # 5768

Icon 2 posted      Profile for carpetbeggar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's Teddy been working the last couple years?

I haven't heard his name in a long while now.

--------------------
闘魂 ビンタ FTW

Inoki is greater than Ichiban Hogan

"I just love seeing people beat with chains, and whips."- Johnny Valentine

jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 word explanation, IDIOT

Simple the guy is an idiot, doing ridiculous spots that make no sense or carry the story let alone risk breaking a neck (yours or someone else) for what?

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was on the recent Stampede event in Calgary.

--------------------
"I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen."
Orson Welles on "Transformers: the Movie"

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it only a year ago he was floating some sort of VERY gimmicky "concept"? Looking for backers but the premise was pretty out there, think it was mentioned here once only. Wrestling with springboards, robots, trampolines, animals and trapezes, maybe...with audience voting on the movesets and everybody wearing a mask.

Seemed his mental discipline was well short of his abilities.

--------------------
Michael Moriarty as Henry Wiggen in, "Bang the Drum Slowly" (1973)

"From here on in, I rag nobody"

White Fang from WA
Member # 1458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Fang from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blind Guy:
Wrestling with springboards, robots, trampolines, animals and trapezes, maybe...with audience voting on the movesets and everybody wearing a mask.

I thought the idea of going out to the matches was to see something we didn't have at home?

--------------------
The reason raindances work is because they don't stop dancing until it rains.

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by carpetbeggar:
Where's Teddy been working the last couple years?

I haven't heard his name in a long while now.

I think he's still working in Mexico, where his antics are seemingly more acceptable.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grobbit:
Who was the guy with the strap, he seemed really angry and was really wacking people with the strap.

I haven't watched that in years (other than just now) but I believe that's (Tony) DeVito of the Carnage Crew. He was in The Baldies in ECW, used to be WWF enhancement talent, and was a tag team champion in ROH. I always enjoyed his work.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blind Guy:
Was it only a year ago he was floating some sort of VERY gimmicky "concept"? Looking for backers but the premise was pretty out there, think it was mentioned here once only. Wrestling with springboards, robots, trampolines, animals and trapezes, maybe...with audience voting on the movesets and everybody wearing a mask.

Seemed his mental discipline was well short of his abilities.

Well at least it's not another Indy low rent version of WWE. Kudos for thinking different. I seem to remember Bischoff was looking at a concept like this in the late 90s, at least the trampolines and fans voting aspect. And I think it was with the mat rats crew out of Calgary too.
BaltimoreBullet
Member # 4184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaltimoreBullet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is that he IS indeed a phenomenal talent. Unfortunately, he obviously has one of the worst attitudes in the history of the sport. Just because he comes from a legendary family doesn't mean wrestling owes him a spot. If he ever comes to his senses and learns that who knows what could happen for him?

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt- then it's freakin' hilarious!

Grobbit
Member # 80932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can I see him dead on a concrete floor in Mexico after performing some outrageous stunt move and breaking his neck?

That seems more likely than seeing him headline a Wrestlemania, sad to say.

--------------------
"If I hit him with the left hand and he's still standing, I will walk around him to see whats holding him up." - Harley Race

Stomper from SK
Member # 5703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stomper from SK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should have heard Teddy on The LAW radio show. He was on there responding to Lance Storm's interview about the Stampede show and how he did not get paid. At first Teddy is praising Lance and his wrestling school then in the next breath is totally cutting him down. Teddy keeps saying how he is working at getting Lance his money. I will bet you doughnuts to dollars Teddy never got Lance a cent.

--------------------
"When he's through counting his bruises, he'll revert to the farm life he left in Carbon, Alberta, when he embarked an his wrestling career. The Stomper credits Stu Hart with launching his career and adding polish to his techniques and strength to his body. He's come a long way since he left Hart's basement gym a decade ago." (by Hal Walker, from the CALGARY HERALD, Jan. 6, 1974)

Slasher
Member # 26328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slasher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupid question, but if Teddy is launching himself off top of the cage repeatedly unplanned, why are the other guys even wanting to catch him? Wouldn't it teach him a lesson to let him crash and burn in the worst way?
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd book him. Of course, that may explain why i don't book wrestling shows.
Infamous
Member # 10021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slasher:
Stupid question, but if Teddy is launching himself off top of the cage repeatedly unplanned, why are the other guys even wanting to catch him? Wouldn't it teach him a lesson to let him crash and burn in the worst way?

I'm not sure if any wrestler that Hart is up against will want that blemish on his record

Hart is probably too much of a wild card for any serious sustained push on national scene. He may be good @ flashy high risk moves but its easier to just let him wither away on the vine & wait for the next batch of talent that has all their screws tight up in their head

Grobbit
Member # 80932

Is he actually a good solid worker or just a stunt highspot machine?

--------------------

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

quote:
Is he actually a good solid worker or just a stunt highspot machine?

Highspot machine. That said, he has the talent and the knowledge to be a solid worker, but that's not what Teddy Hart is about. He would much rather do meaningless flips from the top of a cage than work a thirty-minute **** match where he has to share the credit with someone else. In short, a complete tool... Imagine Jody Fleisch without caring about telling a story in the ring and having little if any concern for the safety of his opponent and you've pretty much got Teddy Hart.

--------------------
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why can I see him dead on a concrete floor in Mexico after performing some outrageous stunt move and breaking his neck?

That seems more likely than seeing him headline a Wrestlemania, sad to say.

THIS is an interesting comment & I sincerely think this cuts to an outsider's fascination with the sport.

Depending on your level of cynicism, fatalism, disdain for spot-fests, etc., what percentage of workers can this prediction be applied to?

Teddy Hart is an extreme example, hopefully (as phrased above), he comes to his senses.

--------------------
Michael Moriarty as Henry Wiggen in, "Bang the Drum Slowly" (1973)

"From here on in, I rag nobody"

Grobbit
Member # 80932

What I meant was, I can see him only being able to get book in rinky-dink Mexican indies where levels of safety are much less and one of his death-defying dives going wrong. Also, I could picture a scene where he does the same thing he did in ths clip - a crazy high dive off a cage onto guys not expecting the spot, and the guys this time not wanting to catch him for fear of getting hurt themselves, I mean, there's a lot of older broken down guys working in Mexican indies who might not have the same attitude as those ROH guys did and think 'jeez, I'm not gonna let some punk gringo kid land on me from 20 feet, I'm only getting 200 pesos'. Result, a Teddy Hart-shaped splat on the ground.

I actually don't like watching guys do crazy high spots where they are at risk of serious injury, paralysis, death. I really enjoyed the work of guys like Hayabusa and Great Sasuke, but I winced at some of the spots they did, not least because I knew how easily something could be just off and they could be in serious trouble, and also because I really enjoyed their in-ring work and didn't need to see the insane stuff, leave that to guys who aren't supremely talented in the ring.

It's the same as not enjoying seeing Terry Funk on fire or Mick Foley with his teeth in his nose.

[ 03-10-2013, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Grobbit ]

--------------------

Chaotic Cold
Member # 72173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaotic Cold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't condone that incident, but it was 8 or so years ago. He doesn't go high risk as much anymore. He's mellowed out and does more mat work than high spots. You'll still get an asai moonsault to the floor, but that's not nearly spot monkey territory in AAA. His promos are more mellow now too.

He had a long absence from AAA, but he returned last year. I don't get AAA on TV anymore anyway.

I don't care if fans give him a chance or not. I would still like to see him in ROH, TNA, or preferably WWE.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations