WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Ric Flair to be on Celeb wife swap (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ric Flair to be on Celeb wife swap
weaselsuit from MN
Member # 8719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weaselsuit from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough. I can understand the points you have made. We've both voiced our opinions.

--------------------
"Heyyy! You clowns are on DOPE!"

IP: Logged
Wanderlust Diaz from SIU
Member # 4108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanderlust Diaz from SIU         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But at the end of the day, it's totally cool that we don't agree. I really have no wish to be unpleasant. You are a longtime great contributor here and I recognize that we can't all agree on everything. Right?"

Of course. If sites like this existed in bars or coffee shops rather than online, people would get less defensive because we love to argue with friends in bars and coffee shops. I think sometimes people put too much weight on message board posts. I mean, if we all agreed on everything, what would be the point of this bored in the first place?

--------------------
"(Nick) Diaz marches to the beat of his own drum. In his case, the bongos." Mike Goldberg

Stephen Gennarelli
Member # 21747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos to RP squared for having his life together and living a relatively normal quiet life that looks quite enjoyable and nice.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not aware of any facet of the professional entertainment industry where a paying gig doesn't take precedence. btw Watts isn't showing up either.

--------------------
Anybody who says 'I'm here to solve problems, not create them' is about to create a problem.

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched it with my wife last night.

Aside what has already been mentioned, my wife made a couple of observations. Piper looks like Mark Whalberg, and his son resembles Ethan Hawke. The make-up on the show was awful. Shiney faces all around.

She commented on how rough Flair looked, and asked about his age compared to Ppiper.. So we looked up Pipers age. He's 59, according to Wiki. Bret Hart turned 56 today. I thought Piper would have been much older.

Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched it with my wife last night.

Aside what has already been mentioned, my wife made a couple of observations. Piper looks like Mark Whalberg, and his son resembles Ethan Hawke. The make-up on the show was awful. Shiney faces all around.

She commented on how rough Flair looked, and asked about his age compared to Ppiper.. So we looked up Pipers age. He's 59, according to Wiki. Bret Hart turned 56 today. I thought Piper would have been much older.

Clint Barton
Member # 72370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it last night too... interesting but fluff.

Is anyone else struck by how emotional Flair is? Someone made a joke in the YouTube comments that Flair cries every time he's on camera now.

However, it strikes me each time and in a way, I find it quite human. Especially when it's talking about the business or seeing his friends from the past... I find it kind of sweet, as unmanly as that sounds.

Is it simply that he's so distraught over retiring or is he really that sentimental?

Nontraditional Student
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nontraditional Student     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Tori:
quote:
Originally posted by Soletaker:
This is very interesting. The things that Roddy bring up about how the World champ buys all the drinks, it's like Ric thinks he's still the NWA champ. Roddy is right about people just want to be around Ric Flair and not really his friends.

Flair performing was how he got "love." Even when he played heel, he felt "love" because the fans showed him appreciation no latter how dirty a player he was (that was like "unconditional love").

He went to the bar, he was worshipped by the boys, the fans, the girls. That was "love."

Being told that some were just using him had to be like a kick to the gut. The look in his eye said he wouldn't accept that. Telling him that was like telling him he wasn't "loved."

It's easier for Flair to love and be loved by the masses from a safe distance that to love and be loved up close. Being forced to sit in the same room, or house, or share the same space with someone without running off, however, means there's a chance he'll be rejected.

Ahem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0XJCJ1Srw

Martin Tori
Member # 27175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martin Tori         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nontraditional Student:
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Tori:
quote:
Originally posted by Soletaker:
This is very interesting. The things that Roddy bring up about how the World champ buys all the drinks, it's like Ric thinks he's still the NWA champ. Roddy is right about people just want to be around Ric Flair and not really his friends.

Flair performing was how he got "love." Even when he played heel, he felt "love" because the fans showed him appreciation no matter how dirty a player he was (that was like "unconditional love").

He went to the bar, he was worshipped by the boys, the fans, the girls. That was "love."

Being told that some were just using him had to be like a kick to the gut. The look in his eye said he wouldn't accept that. Telling him that was like telling him he wasn't "loved."

It's easier for Flair to love and be loved by the masses from a safe distance than to love and be loved up close. Being forced to sit in the same room, or house, or share the same space with someone without running off, however, means there's a chance he'll be rejected.

Ahem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0XJCJ1Srw

Kinda eery when rasslers become their gimmicks, ain't it?

[ 07-08-2013, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Martin Tori ]

--------------------
"16 day debreidden is hopspital and did gp crazt. Check. Peached are godd, check."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations