WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Song Titles Not Mentioned In The Song's Lyrics (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Song Titles Not Mentioned In The Song's Lyrics
Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norrin Radd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to comprise a list of songs where the title of the song is never mentioned in the lyrics of the song itself. Pink Floyd has quite a few, so I'll start out the list with...

Pink Floyd -

"Brain Damage"
"Dogs"
"Pigs (Three Different Ones)"
"Sheep"
"In the Flesh?"
"The Happiest Days of Our Lives"
"Young Lust"
"In the Flesh"
"Run Like Hell"
"The Trial"

--------------------
“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” - Lyndon Baines Johnson

IP: Logged
Martin Tori
Member # 27175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martin Tori         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Weight" by The Band

--------------------
"16 day debreidden is hopspital and did gp crazt. Check. Peached are godd, check."

Martin Tori
Member # 27175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martin Tori         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" by Bob Dylan

--------------------
"16 day debreidden is hopspital and did gp crazt. Check. Peached are godd, check."

Martin Tori
Member # 27175

"For Nancy" by Pete Yorn

--------------------

Martin Tori
Member # 27175

"Song to the Siren" by Tim Buckley

--------------------

Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norrin Radd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Who - "Baba O'Riley"

--------------------
“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” - Lyndon Baines Johnson

Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

John Lennon - "God"

--------------------

Red Wings Fan I
Member # 2068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Wings Fan I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several songs by the Monkees fill the bill.

"Papa Gene's Blues"
"For Pete's Sake"
"Early Morning Blues and Greens"
"Randy Scouse Git"
"Daily Nightly"
"Auntie's Municipal Court"
"Tapioca Tundra"
"Writing Wrongs"
"Good Clean Fun"
"Never Tell a Woman Yes"
"French Song"
"Admiral Mike"

[ 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Red Wings Fan I ]

--------------------
"I came to smell that fresh Detroit air!" Vince McMahon

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Tori:
"Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" by Bob Dylan

Lotta Dylan songs. 'Positively Fourth Street', most of the Highway 61 Revisited album, just off the top of my head.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smells like Teen Spirit- Nirvana

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bohemian Rhapsody
Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Red Wings Fan I:
Several songs by the Monkees fill the bill.
"Randy Scouse Git"

That title was banned in the UK because of the word 'git'. So it was called "Alternate Title". Which, funnily enough, was not in the song either.

"Unchained Melody" is an obvious one. Plus anything by the Cocteau Twins, on the basis that their lyrics are largely unintelligible.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A Day In The Life" by The Beatles
Skullbutt
Member # 21433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skullbutt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pledge of Love by Ken Copeland
Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Song-Tesla
Paranoid-Black Sabbath
Disposable Heroes-Metallica

BaltimoreBullet
Member # 4184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaltimoreBullet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chariots of Fire by Vangelis. LOL
Feels So Good by Chuck Mangione
Songbird by Kenny G

[ 12-24-2012, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: BaltimoreBullet ]

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt- then it's freakin' hilarious!

Bnicholas
Member # 23863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bnicholas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Norrin Radd:
John Lennon - "God"

incorrect:

"God is a concept, in which we measure our pain" is a line in the song

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BaltimoreBullet:
Songbird by Kenny G

I'm pretty sure every Kenny G song would qualify for this topic [Wink]

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

quote:
Originally posted by Bnicholas:
quote:
John Lennon - "God"

incorrect:

I feel like a dunce now. I kept going over the "I don't believe in" lines in my head and totally blanked on the first line in the song.

--------------------

habsfan87 from NL
Member # 8038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for habsfan87 from NL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues
reckoning
Member # 25020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reckoning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every song on U2's The Unforgettable Fire album would qualify, except for "Pride".
JCM35
Member # 77388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCM35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metallica has several:
Ride the Lightning
Fade To Black
Escape
Disposable Heroes
...And Justice For All
Eye of the Beholder
Dyer's Eve
Mama Said
Devil'a Dance
Slither
Prince Charming
Fixxxer

JCM35
Member # 77388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCM35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Faith No More-Epic
Bnicholas
Member # 23863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bnicholas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bnicholas:
quote:
John Lennon - "God"

incorrect:

I feel like a dunce now. I kept going over the "I don't believe in" lines in my head and totally blanked on the first line in the song.
if that's your biggest mistake today you are doing well.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
quote:
Songbird by Kenny G

Pretty sure the other songs he mentioned would too.

--------------------

Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

I didn't know the definition of lyrics wasn't common knowledge until someone responded with instrumentals.

--------------------

George Goulash
Member # 3031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Goulash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JCM35:
Metallica has several:
Escape

Escape is in there:
To escape from the true/false world...

Led Zeppelin:
Trapped Under Foot
Royal Orleans
Tea For One
Carouselambra
Four Sticks

There are more, but brain is fuzzy.

[ 12-24-2012, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: George Goulash ]

Abdullah The Pastry Chef from TN
Member # 3001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abdullah The Pastry Chef from TN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
Focus - Hocus Pocus

--------------------
When news breaks, we fix it.

Norrin Radd
Member # 78547

Rush - "2112"

--------------------

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nutshell by Alice In Chains

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

Nontraditional Student
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nontraditional Student     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One you left out concerning Led Zepplin was The Immigrant Song.
Shattered
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shattered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROLLING STONES "Sympathy For The Devil"
DONOVAN "Epistle To Dippy"
THE TOYS "A Lover's Concerto"
FOUR SEASONS "Opus 17"
ROLLING STONES "Country Honk"
ROLLING STONES "Let It Bleed"

Back again to edit --- I just thought:
CREAM "Badge" (Love that song, and it was cowritten by George Harrison)
MAMAS & PAPAS "Creeque Alley"
SANTANA "Everybody's Everything" (from SANTANA 3, what a smokin' album.
LED ZEPPELIN "D'yer Maker"
DAVID BOWIE " Space Oddity"
COWSILLS "The Rain, The Park And Other Things"

[ 12-24-2012, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Shattered ]

--------------------
Mookie Wilson would've been safe anyway!

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tons of Zeppelin songs. While I know all their most popular songs (I'm not a huge Zep fan), I couldn't possibly tell you the names of a lot of them.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

NJRob65
Member # 8265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NJRob65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"After the Gold Rush"- Neil Young
NJRob65
Member # 8265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NJRob65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"After the Gold Rush"- Neil Young
Future Endeavor
Member # 1470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future Endeavor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stone Temple Pilots songs such as Big Empty, Plus, Interstate Lovesong, etc.

--------------------
You can take the Hockey out of Canada, but you can't take the Canadian out of Hockey.

http://www.facebook.com/thevoiceofyourchoice

texas rattlesnake
Member # 1115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for texas rattlesnake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock N Roll Train by AC/DC is never mentioned in the song instead its Runaway Train in the lyrics

--------------------
Gimme a Hell Yeah!

fivefatcatsguy from the Twin Cities
Member # 6685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fivefatcatsguy from the Twin Cities     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hair of the Dog- Nazareth
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
quote:
Songbird by Kenny G

Instrumentals ≠ songs. There's nothing to sing.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations