WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Question about Kerry Von Erich's shot at NWA Title, Parade of Champs 1984 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Question about Kerry Von Erich's shot at NWA Title, Parade of Champs 1984
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the WWE produced World Class DVD, they show an old interview segment from the original World Class TV show of Fritz (on his ranch) shortly after David died. Fritz mentions that either Kevin or Kerry will face Ric Flair for the title at Parade of Champions.

I know why the board chose Kerry but...
What on-air circumstances led to Kerry being chosen? What was the angle?
I know they didnt face each other, right?

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

IP: Logged
C.C. Milani from NY
Member # 9769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C.C. Milani from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember what the given reason was for Kerry getting the shot, but he and Kevin definitely didn't wrestle.

--------------------
Now for the good news- vacationing in West Africa has never been less expensive.

Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the thing the Kerry-Flair Texas Stadium was missing was the attention to detail.

They announced on Ft. Worth TV that the following week there would be a decision announced as to how the challenger would be determined.

There was buzz among fans that there might be a match an announcement of an upcoming match between Kerry and Kevin to see which one would get to challenge Flair.

Next week, Fritz, Kerry, and Kevin came to the ring and Fritz just matter of factly announced that they flipped a coin backstage and Kerry won.

Ta da?

Kevin shrugged and Kerry looked bored.

There were numerous examples of missed opportunities to really promote this show into a legit sellout.

They announced the week before Texas Stadium that a surprise stipulation would be added to Flair-Kerry.

In the last moments of the show that aired Saturday night before the Sunday Texas Stadium card Marc Lowrance announced, "By the way, the belt can change hands on a disqualification."

Look at how well the Christmas Reunion show with the Kerry-Flair cage match was built up by Gary Hart booking.

When you compare that buildup, the Texas Stadium show was anemic.

The first Parade of Champions show did as well as it did almost inspite of the lackluster booking.

[ 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nulty from WA ]

casher
Member # 56902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for casher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fritz favored Kerry. That is told on the History of WCCW DVD.
mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While Kevin was my favorite of the brothers, giving Kerry the short run with the belt was a no-brainer. Even with his issues, he was the most popular of the bunch.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr. disco:
While Kevin was my favorite of the brothers, giving Kerry the short run with the belt was a no-brainer. Even with his issues, he was the most popular of the bunch.

This one of those things had it been any of the others brothers, people would be asking 'why wasn't it Kerry?' That's why the territories died.

--------------------
Wait-a-minit Mort!!! I got a number 1-900-909-4LOU!!!
------------------------
Bob Backlund fought Communists, racist Hawiians and badasses from Hell's Kitchen...Bob Backlund never fought any Gobbledy Gookers.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrestling-with-my-remote-wccw-parade-of-champions-84/#.Up3yoeLlcTB

Why wasn't the world title match put on last?

Did Kamala vs Kabuki have a follow up angle? What led to the match? I read elsewhere that this led to Gary Hart being a babyface for the summer.

Did anyone find any the the promotion for this tacky when it was first occurring?

I'd love to see some Flair promos leading up to this in order to get a feel for how this was promoted given the circumstance.

james beard
Member # 658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for james beard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark makes great points and he is right on.

The simple truth is, Kerry was the most marketable and charismatic of the brothers. With David gone, he was the obvious choice to push. No disrespect to Kevin, but that was just a fact.

Mark is also right that had Gary Hart been booking at the time, a lot of things would have been done differently and in my opinion, a lot better.

--------------------
"It's the truth....deal with it"...Bill Hicks

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arnold_OldSchool:
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wrestling-with-my-remote-wccw-parade-of-champions-84/#.Up3yoeLlcTB

Did Kamala vs Kabuki have a follow up angle? What led to the match? I read elsewhere that this led to Gary Hart being a babyface for the summer.

Kabuki ended up briefly joining Devastation Inc. shortly after this, teaming with the Super Destroyers & Missing Link against the Freebirds and Killer Khan. He didn't return to World Class until the following year as a babyface managed by Sunshine.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
[QUOTE] He didn't return to World Class until the following year as a babyface managed by Sunshine.

Who's idea was this?
 -

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KABUKI was a face?!?! huh!
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Gary Harts book he talks about this and how they killed his character...

--------------------
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”
― Oscar Wilde

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babyface Kabuki vs. heel Chris Adams was an enjoyable feud in 1985 with their "battle of the kicks".
james beard
Member # 658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for james beard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coach, the old saying in the biz is "Who booked this sh...! Answer: same one booking the Memorial show.

--------------------

Dr. D Fan
Member # 78640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. D Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nulty from WA:
One of the thing the Kerry-Flair Texas Stadium was missing was the attention to detail.

They announced on Ft. Worth TV that the following week there would be a decision announced as to how the challenger would be determined.

There was buzz among fans that there might be a match an announcement of an upcoming match between Kerry and Kevin to see which one would get to challenge Flair.

Next week, Fritz, Kerry, and Kevin came to the ring and Fritz just matter of factly announced that they flipped a coin backstage and Kerry won.

Ta da?

There were numerous examples of missed opportunities to really promote this show into a legit sellout.

They announced the week before Texas Stadium that a surprise stipulation would be added to Flair-Kerry.

In the last moments of the show that aired Saturday night before the Sunday Texas Stadium card Marc Lowrance announced, "By the way, the belt can change hands on a disqualification."

Look at how well the Christmas Reunion show with the Kerry-Flair cage match was built up by Gary Hart booking.

The first Parade of Champions show did as well as it did almost inspite of the lackluster booking.

Mark,

What do you think they coulda drawn if this event had been promoted right? 32, 000 plus is awfully impressive and I think 38, 000 was the previous largest crowd for wrestling.

--------------------
"The good guys won"

Davey Johnson, Manager of the New York Mets after their 1986 World Series victory

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as determining a #1 contender between Kerry and Kevin, it's too bad no one thought of a "Beat The Clock" challenge back then

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

Rob from IA
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob from IA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Mercer mentioned in his latest shoot that he and most of the office thought Kevin was the better choice to win the belt (oldest brother, better business sense, and in Bill's opinion the better actual wrestler), but it was apparent that Fritz wanted Kerry all along and didn't even give a thought to Kevin winning instead. He also confirmed that David was definitely getting the belt had he not passed.
djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the coin toss it would have been a perfect time for Kevin to attack Kerry dont you think?

--------------------
Majority rule wont work in a mental institution.

Dragon Shai
Member # 26632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon Shai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rob from IA:
Bill Mercer mentioned in his latest shoot that he and most of the office thought Kevin was the better choice to win the belt (oldest brother, better business sense, and in Bill's opinion the better actual wrestler), but it was apparent that Fritz wanted Kerry all along and didn't even give a thought to Kevin winning instead. He also confirmed that David was definitely getting the belt had he not passed.

I don't really know who "most of the office" would be but Kerry was the better choice. Kevin was over big-time but Kerry had more universal popularity, more charisma and was more willing to sell. Bill Mercer wasn't really a wrestling guy, so he wouldn't be someone that would know who the better worker really was.

I don't know abou the better business part, either. Its been said that neither Kevin or Kerry really cared much for what went on in the office or how to run a promotion and they both seemed to have had their issues out of the ring, so I would say they were about on the same level in that regard. No real advantage for either one there.

Dragon Shai
Member # 26632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon Shai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by djangoska:
After the coin toss it would have been a perfect time for Kevin to attack Kerry dont you think?

Well, if you were determined to turn one of the Von Erich boys heel and do a Von Erich vs Von Erich feud, then that would be one way to do it. I wouldn't have done it personally, as I have no clue how the fans would have reacted to the two most beloved babyfaces going at it and feuding. I have a feeling not too well. The other part is that doing it then and there would have caused quite a distraction from the upcoming Kerry-Flair title match, which you wouldn't want to do.
the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Shai:
quote:

Well, if you were determined to turn one of the Von Erich boys heel and do a Von Erich vs Von Erich feud, then that would be one way to do it. I wouldn't have done it personally, as I have no clue how the fans would have reacted to the two most beloved babyfaces going at it and feuding. I have a feeling not too well. The other part is that doing it then and there would have caused quite a distraction from the upcoming Kerry-Flair title match, which you wouldn't want to do.
agree there, the second that happened Kevin v Kerry becomes far bigger then either vs Flair

Which wold defeat the purpose of the whole idea

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

james beard
Member # 658

I generally hate to get into a booking discussion here, but the notion that Kevin would immediately jump Kerry after losing a coin toss is indicative of the lack of patience, pacing and drama that is common in the business at all levels these days.

Things such as this need to fester and grow into a moment instead of just happening with no build or reasonable time-frame passing to make the moment mean something more than a instantaneous reaction.

Sorry for the mini-hijack, but when I see discussions like this and all the ideas tossed around~some of which are very good and creative~I see the influence of the times in a lot of the commentary. The impatience and need for instant gratification I see in so many creative things these days is not necessarily the necessity that some think it might be.

Building things/drama step by step is still a viable and successful formula if it's done well and the proof of that is in the popularity of so many episodic type endeavors in the media today. Wrestling does not have to be any different despite the fact this concept is not grasped by the mainstream examples seen weekly on national TV or in the thousands of indy promotions trying to immolate this mistaken concept.

If you're going to do something big and with the impact such a thing as we are discussing might have, then do it right with the kind of presentation it deserves.

Sorry...Just sayin.

--------------------

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You aint "just sayin" James...you are right...it is the exact sort of thing so sorely missing from today's "sports entertainment".

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by james beard:
I generally hate to get into a booking discussion here, but the notion that Kevin would immediately jump Kerry after losing a coin toss is indicative of the lack of patience, pacing and drama that is common in the business at all levels these days.

Things such as this need to fester and grow into a moment instead of just happening with no build or reasonable time-frame passing to make the moment mean something more than a instantaneous reaction.

Sorry for the mini-hijack, but when I see discussions like this and all the ideas tossed around~some of which are very good and creative~I see the influence of the times in a lot of the commentary. The impatience and need for instant gratification I see in so many creative things these days is not necessarily the necessity that some think it might be.

Building things/drama step by step is still a viable and successful formula if it's done well and the proof of that is in the popularity of so many episodic type endeavors in the media today. Wrestling does not have to be any different despite the fact this concept is not grasped by the mainstream examples seen weekly on national TV or in the thousands of indy promotions trying to immolate this mistaken concept.

If you're going to do something big and with the impact such a thing as we are discussing might have, then do it right with the kind of presentation it deserves.

Sorry...Just sayin.

I agree whole-heartedly. My thought, when reading the coin toss attack idea was that, Kevin should be disappointed, but not attack. maybe he shows a bit of frustration. Then, as Kerry is hyped more and more, he starts to show signs of jealousy, especially after watching Fritz show favoritism to Kerry. It builds and builds up through Kerry's short-lived reign, until Kevin takes a verbal shot at Kerry. Perhaps Kerry costs them a tag match and Kevin gets angry with him and makes some remark about how Kerry blew it again, just like in Japan. The brothers argue, but no blows. The arguments start occurring more often. Fritz tries to mediate, but shows obvious partiality to Kerry's side. The thing builds to a Kevin/Flair title bout, where Kerry tries to stop outside interference (maybe from Gary Hart or the Freebirds), costing Kevin the match. Kevin finally explodes and attacks Kerry, but they are quickly pulled apart. Fritz tries to make them shake hands. Kevin walks away in disgust. Soon, Kevin cuts a promo about how he is tired of being in the shadow of his younger brother and how Fritz favors him. He says he has gotten some new advice to go after Flair, and introduces Gary Hart as his new manager. Fritz and Kerry confront him and all heck breaks loose. Then, you have your big Kevin-Kerry feud, with Fritz and Hart circling the outside. At the far end, you have Kevin slowly wake up to how Hart's advice and influence are both hurting his career and family and he eventually reconciles.

The major problem with the scenario is that after the big feud, Kevin is damaged goods, as he will always be the turncoat brother. It would take some real storytelling and very forgiving fans to rehabilitate Kevin after betraying the family and fans.

--------------------
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Lance turning heel might have worked though...
james beard
Member # 658

See, as Cody's post shows, there are lots of good ideas that could make something like that work without rushing it.

Like I said, I don't generally get into specific or fantasy booking ideas, but my point is there should be some substance to any program that builds logically, step by step.

Just for the record, Cody; Fans tend to love or hate in equal portions. If they find reason to hate someone and that someone redeems himself, fans will love them as much as they hated them. It's human nature. As an example, all you have to do is look no further than the Chris Adams turn and return to see how this works.

If anything, after doing the bad deeds and all that involves, the prodigal son returning to the fold is always going to include an even more intense relationship with fans that have longed for the redemption, particularly if it's done right.

--------------------

Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it James...beat me to the punch,...er post again !!!

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kevin vs. Kerry match at the Thanksgiving Star Wars and the rematch at the Christmas show would have been a couple of the biggest money nights in the history of the sport. I'd bet they could have easily upped ticket prices 2,3 maybe even 5 times the normal and sold the building out, and not had to give the NWA or Flair any of the gate.

Honestly, with the right foresight, a Kevin vs Kerry feud could have been the catalyst for WCCW to go national had Fritz been so inclined.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Wallnutz from CA
Member # 4670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wallnutz from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
Babyface Kabuki vs. heel Chris Adams was an enjoyable feud in 1985 with their "battle of the kicks".

Yep this is when I first started watching World Class
Primal Nitro from NY
Member # 6170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primal Nitro from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twas the first thing I thought of as I read the end of Cody's post, James: Chris Adams in WCCW

--------------------
I used to be Dancazman, but I have transformed into Primal Nitro!

djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading all the posts I realize I would have jumped the gun on that and ruin a good thing.

--------------------

MIDNIGHT RAIDER
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIDNIGHT RAIDER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am all for building up the story line as James suggested, but it should have started sooner regardless of the actual implementation of the feud.
In a fantasy promotion I am running, I know, I am about to plant the seeds for a David-Kerry feud that would have been incredible IRL.
Obviously that could not have happened at the time we a re talking about but I think it would have set the groundwork for ne of the biggest money making feuds of all-time, and given David multiple runs as the top guy in the NWA. It would have gotten DiBiase in the title mix, Flair would have been involved, maybe even eventually Magnum.... Oh what could have been.

Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No
Member # 166

quote:
quote:

No
Mark, have you continued to read the rest of the thread? LOL! just saying...even djangoska concedes he was in the wrong... [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------

djangoska
Member # 10798

I will be in the corner with the dunce hat on until further notice.

[ 12-04-2013, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: djangoska ]

--------------------

Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. D Fan:
quote:

Ta da?

Mark,

What do you think they coulda drawn if this event had been promoted right? 32, 000 plus is awfully impressive and I think 38, 000 was the previous largest crowd for wrestling.

32,000 was handed to them.

It was absolutely handed to them.

After 25 years the hometown hero Von Erichs were a virtual lock to FINALLY bring home the World title. And every wrestling fan in Texas knew it.

A monkey could have got 32k with this main event.

Which brother gets the title shot? Kerry v. Kevin. You could have sold out Reunion Arena with that match. Fritz special ref. Go to a draw. Then you do the coin flip.

Fritz won't allow that? Okay, think of something else...

Announce there's going to be a coin flip. Actually flip a coin in the ring. Kevin takes the mic - "disappointed but this is bigger than me. It's not about me. It's about David. I'm going to train Kerry like he's never been trained before." Kerry - "There's no way I'm letting my family down."

You're going to make it a "title can change hands on a DQ" match? Announce it a month ahead of time. Make a big deal out of it. Have the Von Erichs publically petition the NWA. Have Flair throw a fit about it and threaten to pull out. Have the NWA threaten to strip Flair of the title. Hammer it every week on TV. Don't wait until the last 5 minutes of the last TV show the night before the match.

Have Flair send in some guns to "soften Kerry up." Have Kerry accept the challenges against Fritz better judgment because Kerry refuses to back down. Give Kerry the strong, clean wins giving him momentum going into the event. Any former World champions that wasn't on Vince's roster at the time?

You had a mixed tag between Sunshine-Adams v. Garvin-Precious. It was the first time the women were legal. How about something with a stipulation. Losing team's woman gets her head shaved? Too strong and the Garvins wouldn't go for it? Offer Precious an extra $5k. Still no? Go back to the valet for a day angle that worked so well with Garvin-David to begin with. Garvins were on there way out anyway.

I would have done something with Brody. I don't know what his booking status was in Japan, but I would have figured out a way to put him on the show. How about Brody vs. Kamala in a cage?

These are all ideas just off the top of my head.

Again, look at the buildup to Kerry-Flair Christmas night that Hart did. It started months before. |
* The special referee that made the bad call that allowed Flair to escape rather than lose 2 straight.
* Fritz getting suspended for roughing up the ref and Kerry isn't given a rematch.
* Kerry getting injured in Lawton, Oklahoma where "the NWA isn't as strong."
* Did Flair put a bounty out on Kerry? The Von Erichs claim yes but Flair/Hart deny it.
* Bundy demands a raise from Hart. Hart refuses.
* Bundy goes on strike.
* Bundy sells the check that Flair gave Hart to Fritz so he can turn it over to the NWA.
* Hart and Flair still deny the bounty.
* The NWA announces they're going to make a ruling.
* The ruling is that Flair has to defend against Kerry in a cage with a special referee.
* Who's going to be the ref? Let's have a special fan vote between Michael Hayes, Duke Keomuka, and (I forget the one or two other names).
* The popular Michael Hayes wins the vote!

They took months to build that story!

If you had built the Texas Stadium close to as well as Kerry-Flair Reunion it would have blown 32k away. This was a bigger lock than Fritz-Dory Jr. at Texas Stadium and drew 6k less.

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow-- just on what I'm reading here, I'm in the belief they really could've done 55,000 - 60,000 easy.

--------------------
Wait-a-minit Mort!!! I got a number 1-900-909-4LOU!!!
------------------------
Bob Backlund fought Communists, racist Hawiians and badasses from Hell's Kitchen...Bob Backlund never fought any Gobbledy Gookers.

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I was going to build to a Kevin-Kerry feud or even just a match, I would go about it a slightly different way then what's been suggested so far.

Kerry gets the coin flip, Kevin stands there disappointed while Kerry celebrates. Kevin finally offers his hand to Kerry and Kerry ignores it until Fritz tells him to accept it.

In the following weeks have Kerry training and getting all the attention from the announcers during interviews and have Kevin pushed to the background. Show Kevin getting more upset each week.

During the match between Flair and Kerry, someone interferes and beats on Kerry while the ref is distracted. Kevin slowly makes his way to ringside and after a few seconds of standing there, looking like he might turn on Kerry, finally helps him fight of the attackers.

Kerry wins the belt, everyone celebrates. On the next tv show, have Kerry cut a promo and have him basically say he did it all on his own, and will be the best champ ever, getting more and more conceited as it goes on. Show him buying new cars and clothes and showing them off, basically acting like another Flair.

Then once Kerry does lose the belt, have him flip out. Being so upset over losing it and obsessed with getting it back, the he starts taking it out on whoever he is against in the ring for weeks on end. Until Kevin runs down to stop Kerry using a chair on some jobber, by running up behind Kerry and spinning him around, which gets him a "accidental" chair to the head. Which leads to a big pull-apart and Kevin telling Kerry that he has been a jackass since he won and lost the belt and that he is going to beat some sense back into him.

Then you can either have them feud for a month or two, neither one getting a pinfall over the other until the big blow-off match, or just have their first match be the blow-off match and once Kevin goes over, have them reconcile in the ring and be a big happy family again.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:
If I was going to build to a Kevin-Kerry feud or even just a match, I would go about it a slightly different way then what's been suggested so far.

Kerry gets the coin flip, Kevin stands there disappointed while Kerry celebrates. Kevin finally offers his hand to Kerry and Kerry ignores it until Fritz tells him to accept it.

In the following weeks have Kerry training and getting all the attention from the announcers during interviews and have Kevin pushed to the background. Show Kevin getting more upset each week.

During the match between Flair and Kerry, someone interferes and beats on Kerry while the ref is distracted. Kevin slowly makes his way to ringside and after a few seconds of standing there, looking like he might turn on Kerry, finally helps him fight of the attackers.

Kerry wins the belt, everyone celebrates. On the next tv show, have Kerry cut a promo and have him basically say he did it all on his own, and will be the best champ ever, getting more and more conceited as it goes on. Show him buying new cars and clothes and showing them off, basically acting like another Flair.

Then once Kerry does lose the belt, have him flip out. Being so upset over losing it and obsessed with getting it back, the he starts taking it out on whoever he is against in the ring for weeks on end. Until Kevin runs down to stop Kerry using a chair on some jobber, by running up behind Kerry and spinning him around, which gets him a "accidental" chair to the head. Which leads to a big pull-apart and Kevin telling Kerry that he has been a jackass since he won and lost the belt and that he is going to beat some sense back into him.

Then you can either have them feud for a month or two, neither one getting a pinfall over the other until the big blow-off match, or just have their first match be the blow-off match and once Kevin goes over, have them reconcile in the ring and be a big happy family again.

No
Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

You have the biggest no-brainer main event in the promotion's history.

Why would you want to distract from it?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations