WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Meng's reputation for toughness (Page 1)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Meng's reputation for toughness
Ordell
Member
Member # 6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truth to these stories?

----


I was watching Perry Saturn's youshoot, and when asked who would win a fight back in WCW between: Saturn, Scott Norton, Fit Finlay, Haku, The Barbarian, Rick Steiner and Jim Duggan, Saturn replied "Tonga. Nobody else would stand a chance. Not even a question. He could kill everyone without blinking and there is nothing anyone could do about it"

Bad News Brown said in interviews that Fifita was without a doubt the most vigorous.

Bill Goldberg has also called him the toughest man he's been in the ring with.

Road Warrior Animal said in a shoot interview that Haku was the toughest wrestler of his era.

Bobby Heenan said in a shoot interview that Haku was "the toughest man I've ever met in my life."

In 1987, Haku had a backstage fight with Jesse Barr (who wrestled at the WWF as Jimmy Jack Funk) which allegedly resulted in Fifita gouging one of Barr's eyeballs out, causing Barr to later wear a glass eye. After this fight, Fifita had a reputation that steered wrestlers away from backstage confrontations.

In the book Arn Anderson: 4 Ever, Arn Anderson cites an event where Fifita pushed a cowboy through two sets of doors with one hand - and a conversation with The Barbarian about who was tougher. The Barbarian just shook his head when Anderson asked who would win in a fight between him and Fifita and stated "Meng's the man." If you've read Arn Anderson's book, you'll also know that AA said this about Meng: "There are 3 types of men: tough men, wrestler-tough men, and then there's Meng."

He had an altercation with Brutus Beefcake after Beefcake complained to WWF management that Tonga slapped him too hard during a match. After WWF management informed Tonga, he immediately went to the locker room and grabbed Beefcake out of the shower, and began choking him, lifting him two feet off the floor. Other wrestlers were hesitant to break it up, so finally Hulk Hogan (who Tonga respected) was called in and was able to calm Tonga down.

Kevin Sullivan on Meng: "One time I asked him to do something that was completely wrong and he got a little upset. And I mean that was the scaredest I've ever been in my life and he wasn't even that up. Thank God."

Kevin Sullivan story about Meng: Kevin is the booker at the time in WCW and he tells these guys to do the job and these wrestlers are all pissed and upset about loosing and they tell Sullivan to go **** himself and they'll fight Sullivan and anyone else because they're the baddest ****ers around and they'll kill anyone around here. Then Keven said "Wait a minute, I'll get Meng to handle this for me" and then all those guys start telling Kevin "We'll do the jobs, we'll do whatever you want."

Jake Roberts said it best: If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng is 300 yards away? He's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm gonna do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a ***** and have him pissed off at me.

Here's what Chris Candido said about Meng: "He was talking to me, Tammy, and Chris Jericho. In comes Eric Bischoff and Greg Gagne and they walk right in front of us and starts talking to Meng. He looks at them and goes "Hey!". And the entire lockerroom just froze. I was like "Man, these weren't just funny stories, this guy must really be tough". And then Meng says "Apologize to my friends, I'm talking" and everyone shuts up while Bischoff and Gagne apologize to me, Tammy, and Chris.

Even Harley Race has stated the there's only one man in wrestling history that he was afraid to get into a fight with and that as Meng.

In an interview with Alex Marvez, Fifita was asked about one of his legendary fights. Fifita stated his favorite was one that "cost him a lot of money." He was at the Baltimore Airport Hilton bar with Sivi Afi when five men started laughing at them and said, "You guys are the fake wrestlers on TV." In response Fifita replied, "I’ll just show you how fake it is," and reached over and grabbed one man while three others jumped on him. As they repeatedly punched him he knocked Three of them out and then applied the Tongan death grip one of them and then Fifita bit the nose of the man he initially grabbed and spat it out. They saw him spit out their friend's nose, and before he could fight them, they quickly evaded. Months later, he saw on the news that he was being sued $2.5 million for the incident.

Bobby Heenan on a bar fight Meng had with some guy
He took his two fingers on his right hand, his index finger and his trigger finger, and he reached into the guys mouth and he broke off the guys bottom teeth. I wouldnt believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes.

More Heenan stories about Meng
Before the mid 80s when Andre was breaking down, there were only two men that Andre feared, Meng and Harley Race.

Rick Steiner on Meng getting arrested
I was in LA one time with him and he fought eight cops, they shot him with mace and he closed his eyes and sucked it in. He just opened his mouth and took a deep breath. I mean, some of the stuff he did was like "What the hell" Scotty and I always thought we were tough guys but that was before we met Meng.

Ted DiBiase on Meng getting arrested in St. Louis
"Some of the guys got into a fight and Meng got involved. He was just trying to help and in the process of trying to help, he gets maced by 4 cops and handcuffed. Now they handcuffed himi behind his back and then he said "Is this it?" and he broke the handcuffs. He snapped them."

Also, in the Bob Holly Youshoot, he says that Haku is THE main guy you don't **** with.

IP: Logged
Dank
Member
Member # 2517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meng toughness stories are pretty much the new Andre drinking stories.
IP: Logged
Laditow Bosqueeps Albano
Member
Member # 5722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laditow Bosqueeps Albano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ordell:
Ted DiBiase on Meng getting arrested in St. Louis
"Some of the guys got into a fight and Meng got involved. He was just trying to help and in the process of trying to help, he gets maced by 4 cops and handcuffed. Now they handcuffed himi behind his back and then he said "Is this it?" and he broke the handcuffs. He snapped them."


I don't question that he's a tough guy, but I'm gonna venture a guess that this didn't actually happen.

--------------------
"The three of us (should) end the album with a duet."
-Jesse Ventura, The Wrestling Album

IP: Logged
Nontraditional Student
Member
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nontraditional Student     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also heard he was one of the NICEST guys in the lockerroom. I take the stance of "Dr. D" who said something along the lines of nobody but a piece of garbage would bother Meng because he (Meng) was such a nice and easy going guy. So, in essence, if Meng beats these guys up, they probably deserve it.

FWIW, in regards to Meng's toughness, what got me was The Barbarian saying Meng was the man. That, IMO, says it all.

--------------------
I'm going down to the Greyhound station, gonna get a ticket to ride...

IP: Logged
Old School Drew from NY
Member
Member # 1981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old School Drew from NY         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Ace should text and old friend and then the next week have Haku walk into the building and everyone just stops dead in complete fear. Ace and Haku walk straight to the ring and call out Punk and proceed to have Haku DESTROY Punk. Ace could say that he may not have been a star in ring like his brother but he's made some pretty powerful friends out of it.
IP: Logged
Old School Drew from NY
Member
Member # 1981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old School Drew from NY         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree too that some of the stories probably aren't true but I've never heard a man ever question his toughness. In fact most workers have said they were either scared to death of crossing him, he was the toughest guy ever or some variation.

Jericho puts him over huge as both the nicest and the BMF'er walking. There was a story about Jericho getting roughed up by security guards at a Mexico airport and Haku came in and cleaned house. They were arrested and eventually paid a bribe to let the charges go away.

IP: Logged
Laditow Bosqueeps Albano
Member
Member # 5722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laditow Bosqueeps Albano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
•Haku can divide by zero.
•The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Haku has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.
•A picture is worth a thousand words. A Haku is worth 1 billion words.
•Newton's Third Law is wrong: Although it states that for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, there is no force equal in reaction to a Haku thrustkick.
•Haku invented his own type of karate. It's called Haku-Will-Kill.
•While urinating, Haku is easily capable of welding titanium.
•Haku once sued the Houghton-Mifflin textbook company when it became apparent that their account of the war of 1812 was plagiarized from his autobiography.
•When Haku talks, everybody listens. And dies.
•When Steven Seagal kills a ninja, he only takes its hide. When Haku kills a ninja, he uses every part.
•Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with more than 20,000 women in his lifetime. Haku calls this "a slow Tuesday."

[ 01-18-2012, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Laditow Bosqueeps Albano ]

--------------------
"The three of us (should) end the album with a duet."
-Jesse Ventura, The Wrestling Album

IP: Logged
Tabe
Member
Member # 1083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tabe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna go out on a limb and speculate that pretty much none of these actually happened.

Tabe

--------------------
Check out my poker blog: http://coachtabe.blogspot.com

IP: Logged
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laditow Bosqueeps Albano:
•Haku can divide by zero.
•The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Haku has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.
•A picture is worth a thousand words. A Haku is worth 1 billion words.
•Newton's Third Law is wrong: Although it states that for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, there is no force equal in reaction to a Haku thrustkick.
•Haku invented his own type of karate. It's called Haku-Will-Kill.
•While urinating, Haku is easily capable of welding titanium.
•Haku once sued the Houghton-Mifflin textbook company when it became apparent that their account of the war of 1812 was plagiarized from his autobiography.
•When Haku talks, everybody listens. And dies.
•When Steven Seagal kills a ninja, he only takes its hide. When Haku kills a ninja, he uses every part.
•Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with more than 20,000 women in his lifetime. Haku calls this "a slow Tuesday."

^ These stories are reaching now Chuck Norris levels.

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

IP: Logged
TerryR
Member
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the stories above: Meng > Harley Race > Andre.

Who would win in a fight between Bill Watts and Meng? Watts ate a Marine's(?) eye, Meng only took Jesse Barr's out.

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We seem to revisit "How tough was Meng/Haku" every six months or so. The general concensus seems to be, "yeah, VERY tough, probably The Guy in the 80s and 90s... but some of the stories have been blown out of proportion."

Can't find my copy at the moment (home office is just a mess this week), but the guys who do a radio show about wrestling and came out with the book Mysteries of Wrestling: Solved have an entire chapter on Meng, and I noticed -- and Meng brought it up sort of sideways in a quote there -- that some of the nastier incidents seem to have liquor invovled in them.

But the rep is there, and is pretty much cemented into place now. And there's cerainly enough factual evidence to suggest that even some of the more outlandish claims may have more than just a nugget of truth to them.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

IP: Logged
DreamIceCold
Member
Member # 5569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DreamIceCold   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched the Nitro where Goldberg defends against Meng.. awesome set up before hand with Meng taking out ALL of WCW security, thought it was a great way to get the guy over as a contender without having to cut a promo... just an unstoppable beast, it's a pity WCW was never really consistent when it came to Tonga.

--------------------
http://atomicgiants.proboards.com/

IP: Logged
The Following Contest
Member
Member # 6746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Following Contest   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haku once played 18 holes of golf using nothing more than a sun dried tomato and a bent piece of rebar. He shot a 36.
IP: Logged
Ordell
Member
Member # 6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Following Contest:
Haku once played 18 holes of golf using nothing more than a sun dried tomato and a bent piece of rebar. He shot a 36.

That would have been more entertaining than any of his WCW matches.

Where is the big guy now, anyway?

IP: Logged
RedRiver Kanyon
Member
Member # 4115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedRiver Kanyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ordell:
quote:
Originally posted by The Following Contest:
Haku once played 18 holes of golf using nothing more than a sun dried tomato and a bent piece of rebar. He shot a 36.

That would have been more entertaining than any of his WCW matches.

Where is the big guy now, anyway?

Last I heard the toughest man on the face of god's green earth was detailing cars at an auto dealership in Tampa.
IP: Logged
Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard of this man's reputation for toughness.

More information, please.

IP: Logged
sharms
Member
Member # 5625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharms     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:
We seem to revisit "How tough was Meng/Haku" every six months or so. The general concensus seems to be, "yeah, VERY tough, probably The Guy in the 80s and 90s... but some of the stories have been blown out of proportion."

Can't find my copy at the moment (home office is just a mess this week), but the guys who do a radio show about wrestling and came out with the book Mysteries of Wrestling: Solved have an entire chapter on Meng, and I noticed -- and Meng brought it up sort of sideways in a quote there -- that some of the nastier incidents seem to have liquor invovled in them.

But the rep is there, and is pretty much cemented into place now. And there's cerainly enough factual evidence to suggest that even some of the more outlandish claims may have more than just a nugget of truth to them.

This sums it up pretty good I think..........at least according to the times I've been around him. I always found him to be a VERY nice guy and, with a FEW drinks in him, very funny. He loved harmless ribs....I remember a night in Boise....a Nitro or Thunder taping....we were staying in a very nice hotel with a good bar with a jungle motif....Haku thought it would be funny to hide in the trees by the entrance and jump out at people walking in. He did just that and scared the hell out of a lot of folks.....then he'd hug them and laugh til he cried. I never saw the tough side...but I know it was in there.
IP: Logged
Matt Farmer from WA
Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laditow Bosqueeps Albano:
quote:
Originally posted by Ordell:
Ted DiBiase on Meng getting arrested in St. Louis
"Some of the guys got into a fight and Meng got involved. He was just trying to help and in the process of trying to help, he gets maced by 4 cops and handcuffed. Now they handcuffed himi behind his back and then he said "Is this it?" and he broke the handcuffs. He snapped them."


I don't question that he's a tough guy, but I'm gonna venture a guess that this didn't actually happen.
I believe this incident has been proven. I recall a newsletter from the time showing the newspaper clippings. I believe he was tased and there were more than 4 cops in attendance.

--------------------
email me at: inferno4l@hotmail.com
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93

IP: Logged
james beard
Member
Member # 658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for james beard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea how many of the stories are completely true, but I do know Tonga's not one to brag about something like this. I can promise you he's not someone you'd want to poke a stick at, but I also know he's one of the nicest guys I ever worked with or knew in the business. We spent a lot of time together in Japan and I can tell you, he was as generous and as true a friend as you could ask anyone to be.

I admit, I felt pretty safe in his company, but the reason I spent so much time with him had nothing to do with that. It was because I truly enjoyed being around him. He had a lot of connections in Japan and took very good care of me there. Those were some special times.

--------------------
"It's the truth....deal with it"...Bill Hicks

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have read it here some time back, but is there any truth to the fact that Eric Bischoff wanted him to fight in the UFC just so he can kill that promotion? During WCW's heyday, UFC wasn't even a factor.
IP: Logged
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time Life Publishing is about to release a series of books about how tough Meng/Haku is. Including the famous story about how he used the Tongan Death Grip on over 28 men, one just for snoring too loud.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

IP: Logged
The Operative
Member
Member # 3979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Operative     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't some of these incidents have to have a nugget of truth? I can't imagine the wrestling community would universally put the guy over as tough just because he was a nice guy...

Also, it would only take one of these guys to believe he wasn't so tough and try to destroy the myth once and for all.

IP: Logged
Troy Lowe
Member
Member # 8575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Lowe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:
Time Life Publishing is about to release a series of books about how tough Meng/Haku is. Including the famous story about how he used the Tongan Death Grip on over 28 men, one just for snoring too loud.

 -
IP: Logged
harley's favorite beer
Member
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley's favorite beer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I agree that Meng was a tough guy one of the toughest of all time and in a bar fight there is very few i would take over him but one would be harley race i would pick harley over ANYBODY in a street fight they do not make them tougher but meng would give him a run for his money for sure
IP: Logged
Dragon Shai
Member
Member # 26632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon Shai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harley's favorite beer:
Okay I agree that Meng was a tough guy one of the toughest of all time and in a bar fight there is very few i would take over him but one would be harley race i would pick harley over ANYBODY in a street fight they do not make them tougher but meng would give him a run for his money for sure

It would be tough to make a call in a fight between Haku and Harley because very few of us have that much information about them and how they handled themselves in truly physical confrontations. We've heard at least a few stories but thats about it. We are largely going on reputation, which is probably mostly true for both guys. I doubt that there were more than a handful of guys that actually challenged either Harley or Haku in their careers.
IP: Logged
Laditow Bosqueeps Albano
Member
Member # 5722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laditow Bosqueeps Albano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
quote:
Originally posted by Laditow Bosqueeps Albano:
quote:
Originally posted by Ordell:
Ted DiBiase on Meng getting arrested in St. Louis
"Some of the guys got into a fight and Meng got involved. He was just trying to help and in the process of trying to help, he gets maced by 4 cops and handcuffed. Now they handcuffed himi behind his back and then he said "Is this it?" and he broke the handcuffs. He snapped them."


I don't question that he's a tough guy, but I'm gonna venture a guess that this didn't actually happen.
I believe this incident has been proven. I recall a newsletter from the time showing the newspaper clippings. I believe he was tased and there were more than 4 cops in attendance.
It's going to take a lot of evidence for me to believe that he simply snapped out of a pair of cuffs behind his back like he's the Incredible Hulk .

--------------------
"The three of us (should) end the album with a duet."
-Jesse Ventura, The Wrestling Album

IP: Logged
harley's favorite beer
Member
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley's favorite beer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay here is some data on harley race


in japan in the early 70's one punch from harley knock buddy austin's head in a wall

in the mid 80's at jimmy crockett's bachelor party the freebirds got cute with harley he ask them to go outside they did he knock all three of them out and rejoined the party

in the mid 1960's harley got into a bar fight at one of the toughest bars in minnepolis with acouple of pimps that where slapping around one of there whores harley was cleaning house until one stab him in the back in the back harley continue to fight.

and the last story about harley comes from gordon solie who when ask who was the toughest the baddest of any wrestlers he said harley race when ask why gordon told of a time in florida when gordon harley and tiger conway jr. where driving to a shot and stop at a bar to get something to eat gordon saw that it was rough and suggest they go somewhere else but harley said they would be fine well all three sat down and before the food came tiger when into the restroom and was follow by 4 to 5 of the biggest rednecks you could imagine after a minute or so harley told gordon excuse me i think tiger is in trouble and went into restroom the rednecks where putting tiger head in the toliet well within moments gordon went into the restroom and harley had beaten the hell out of all them. Harley help tiger to there table and they finish there meal and nobody bother them afterward

IP: Logged
heinoushorseman1986
Member
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Meng get arrested for trying to bite a manys nose off in a bar fight?

--------------------
Billy the Kid..
Saint Augustine,Florida 1513,1565,1672,1702,1740..

IP: Logged
Frogs
Member
Member # 51578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the thing about it is where there is smoke there is usually some fire somewhere.

Around Meng the stories are pretty consistent, basically they all say he was one tough customer in a fight and was a nice guy unless crossed.

I'm sure some are exaggerated. However, to have earned the level of respect he has among his peers I'd think there has to be a good amount of truth behind it.

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harley's favorite beer:
Okay I agree that Meng was a tough guy one of the toughest of all time and in a bar fight there is very few i would take over him but one would be harley race i would pick harley over ANYBODY in a street fight they do not make them tougher but meng would give him a run for his money for sure

I don't doubt Harley's toughness, but I would go with Haku. This nearly 300lb guy moved around like a 150lb guy.
IP: Logged
TwilightKid
Member
Member # 5852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwilightKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Death once had a near Meng experience.
IP: Logged
Madison Carter from TX
Member
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heinoushorseman1986:
Did Meng get arrested for trying to bite a manys nose off in a bar fight?

Dude, seriously, I really suggest you read through the threads you post in.

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats



IP: Logged
CJ in Savannah
Member
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RedRiver Kanyon:
quote:
Originally posted by Ordell:
quote:
Originally posted by The Following Contest:
Haku once played 18 holes of golf using nothing more than a sun dried tomato and a bent piece of rebar. He shot a 36.

That would have been more entertaining than any of his WCW matches.

Where is the big guy now, anyway?

Last I heard the toughest man on the face of god's green earth was detailing cars at an auto dealership in Tampa.
It should also be noted his son is on the Smackdown roster, I believe he's known as Camacho, I wonder if Meng's kid isn't someone to be messing with either.
IP: Logged
Nontraditional Student
Member
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nontraditional Student     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TwilightKid:
Death once had a near Meng experience.

HAHAHAHAHA... That's awesome.

--------------------
I'm going down to the Greyhound station, gonna get a ticket to ride...

IP: Logged
SLS
Member
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WCW needed Meng as the locker room enforcer in the 90's.
IP: Logged
Matt Farmer from WA
Member
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laditow Bosqueeps Albano:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
quote:
Originally posted by Laditow Bosqueeps Albano:
quote:
Originally posted by Ordell:
Ted DiBiase on Meng getting arrested in St. Louis
"Some of the guys got into a fight and Meng got involved. He was just trying to help and in the process of trying to help, he gets maced by 4 cops and handcuffed. Now they handcuffed himi behind his back and then he said "Is this it?" and he broke the handcuffs. He snapped them."


I don't question that he's a tough guy, but I'm gonna venture a guess that this didn't actually happen.
I believe this incident has been proven. I recall a newsletter from the time showing the newspaper clippings. I believe he was tased and there were more than 4 cops in attendance.
It's going to take a lot of evidence for me to believe that he simply snapped out of a pair of cuffs behind his back like he's the Incredible Hulk .
I've actually seen that happen twice! One of my good buddies who was a police office who worked at my night club told me it wasn't all that uncommon. They had different types of cuffs or would double cuff certain guys.

--------------------
email me at: inferno4l@hotmail.com
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93

IP: Logged
Tabe
Member
Member # 1083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tabe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frogs:
Well the thing about it is where there is smoke there is usually some fire somewhere.

Around Meng the stories are pretty consistent, basically they all say he was one tough customer in a fight and was a nice guy unless crossed.

I'm sure some are exaggerated. However, to have earned the level of respect he has among his peers I'd think there has to be a good amount of truth behind it.

My gut tells me there's ONE story and it's been told and retold until it morphed into 12 different ones, each with a guy claiming to have been there. Kinda like the "biting the nose off the guy's face story" above. Just go ahead and try to find some verification of that lawsuit or the incident. It was on the news, remember? Yeah, sure.

Tabe

--------------------
Check out my poker blog: http://coachtabe.blogspot.com

IP: Logged
mckinneydg
Member
Member # 48545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mckinneydg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard the two cuffs thing as well. No idea how often/easily they can be broken, but my cousin went to school with a guy who plays in the NFL. The school resource officer was joking around with the future NFLer and said something like, "I would use two sets of cuffs on you." or something like that. Don't know if he actually meant they did that frequently for bigger guys like that or not, but it sounded plausible.

--------------------
"Believe THAT and believe in Roman Reigns."

RTR!

IP: Logged
Madison Carter from TX
Member
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it the Meng legend of the Saito McDonalds incident that included the "police report" of pepper spray just making him even madder?

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats



IP: Logged
SHOOTER
Member
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biting someone's nose off in a fight ( after three guys were punching him so he knocked them out )??? Gouging a man's eyeball out in a fight??? Reached into a guy's mouth and broke off his bottom teeth in a fight??? Im sure he's a pretty tough guy but I'd say he's more crazy then tough... If three guys were punching him and he knocked them out then I'd say they were throwing some weak punches, probably drunk, and were'nt fighters. Not everyone knows how to throw a good punch. Not saying he can't take a punch but I'm sure it would be a different outcome if just one of those guys could throw a good punch... I guess anything goes in a street fight, bar fight, etc. but all the removal of body parts is the sign of a crazy person. Jeez, put him in a triangle choke and he'd probably bite your balls off... I don't know the circumstances for his fight with Jesse Barr and I've heard Barr was a pretty good amatuer wrestler. I wasn't there but is it possible Jesse was schooling him on the ground so he reached into Jesse's eye? I'm sure if he was in a UFC fight he would lose pretty quick unless he had trained MMA, jui jitsu, wrestling, kickboxing, etc. for a long time... I'd say definitely a lot more crazy then tough.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3