WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Chief Thundercloud

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chief Thundercloud
oldguy
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anybody tell me about Chief Thundercloud? I was looking at an old "Inside Wrestling" from 1973 and there was a story about the chief. According to the story he was the Southern States brass knucks champion and a Western European champ. He was a tag partner with Chief White Cloud and were chasing the Royal Kangaroos for title shots. So, what territories did he wrestle in, and what other aliases did he wrestle under?
IP: Logged
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His name was Jesus Lopez. He wrestled during the late 60s as Pat Valentino. He "became" Thundercloud in early 1973. He worked (among other areas) in the Gulf Coast, Tennessee and Oklahoma. White Cloud was another Hispanic named Pedro Colombo. White Cloud did spend some time in England but I think the European credit given to Thundercloud is kayfabed. TC had two sons who served as his drummer boys, Chuy (who later wrestled under the name Onli Chuy) and Chaato.

Thundercloud & White Cloud held the US tag titles in Oklahoma.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

PsychoSem
Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PsychoSem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In one of his books, Dutch Mantell tells of a near riot that started when he and his partner (Frankie Laine maybe?)attacked Chuy.

--------------------
The future's uncertain and the end is always near...

oldguy
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Diamond! And yep, in the story there was a picture of his son Chuy, and the story said that Chuy would bang the drum at ringside to spur his dad on. What kind of a wrestler was the chief? Kind of a midcarder type? Did he get over pretty well?
Tojo Mojo
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Mojo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did pretty well in Tenn. in '76-'77. He & Danny Littlebear (my favorite Indian wrestler)held the Southern tag title over in Memphis in '76--lost them to David Schultz & Dutch Mantell.Came over to Nashville in early '77 for Gulas--with Littlebear again. They did pretty well here--over with the fans.I thought that Thundercloud was okay--but, no where near as good a wrestler as his partner, Littlebear.

[ 05-29-2011, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Tojo Mojo ]

--------------------
Wish it was 1968 again, & I was watching Ken Lucas battling heel Don Carson once more.

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This kind of answers a question I posed on another thread, thanks yall - I had not seen this when I asked my question...

j.d. out-

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's currently in Three Rivers Federal prison in Texas from a massive cocaine bust.

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin:
He's currently in Three Rivers Federal prison in Texas from a massive cocaine bust.

Damn that Nick Gulas if only he would have paid decent wages

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

FLU
Member # 49881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FLU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK well I just watched a documentary about legendary moonshiner Popcorn Sutton (filmed in 2002) called "This is the Last Dam Run of Likker I'll Ever Make", and near the end there is a guy named Gene Morefield who claims that he used to wrestle at Chief Thundercloud. The video can be found on youtube. Anybody know who this guy is?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations