WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Should the Democrats Go "Establsihment" or "Disruptor" for Their Nominee? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Should the Democrats Go "Establsihment" or "Disruptor" for Their Nominee?
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Liz Hunter's Boyfriend:
quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:
quote:
Originally posted by 1000 Masks But No Jobs:
Again, do you want to win or take your chances with a nominee that is more "pure?"

This is the question that I knew would have to be answered by the Left/Dems this cycle. I could see it coming from three years away. The dancing around it by some and the full "you're either fully with us or you're the enemy" messaging has been sadly amusing as all Hell.
Are you amused as all Hell when that messaging comes from The Establishment AKA DNC-Pelosi-Corporate Dem Donors (All the same)?

Trump Himself made a show of siding with Pelosi against AOC. Doesn't that tell you something?

The Establishment doesn't want to hear other voices, voices that would disrupt their gravy train.

You've already answered that Ideological Purity means more to you than beating Trump, so....go ahead: Natter on.

And if Trump get back in because the Dems swung too far to the Left with their pick, you will have only yourself -- and your fellow travelers -- to blame.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
Funny how people wanting the United States to live up to what it has claimed to be, where all are created equal, are considered 'ditruptors".

Think not of ideology and more about their relationships with the Party hierarchy and positions.

Carter was a new brand of "Southern Democrat", at the height of the NorthEastern control of the Party.

Clinton was a populist in the same vein (if not direction) of Huey Long, George Wallace and, yes, Donald Trump.

Obama was that uppity newcomer who thought he knew better than the Old Guard.

"Disruptors" aren't always based on ideology, and in these three cases, they were all very much in opposition to the Conventional Wisdom of their times.

Proviso on all this, BTW: Our sample size WRT the "Disruptors" is small, and we probably shouldn't take it as "the absolute way to go." But it isn't anything to arbitrarily toss away out of hand, either!

But the trend WRT "Washington Experience" was an eye-opener for me. And I imagine for all (or most) of you, too.

{[**WARNING**]} HIGH RUBBISH CONTENT POST...even for Travlr.

Clinton was a populist? Huey Long? George Wallace? wha???

You're so cute.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
Funny how people wanting the United States to live up to what it has claimed to be, where all are created equal, are considered 'ditruptors".

Think not of ideology and more about their relationships with the Party hierarchy and positions.

Carter was a new brand of "Southern Democrat", at the height of the NorthEastern control of the Party.

Clinton was a populist in the same vein (if not direction) of Huey Long, George Wallace and, yes, Donald Trump.

Obama was that uppity newcomer who thought he knew better than the Old Guard.

"Disruptors" aren't always based on ideology, and in these three cases, they were all very much in opposition to the Conventional Wisdom of their times.

Proviso on all this, BTW: Our sample size WRT the "Disruptors" is small, and we probably shouldn't take it as "the absolute way to go." But it isn't anything to arbitrarily toss away out of hand, either!

But the trend WRT "Washington Experience" was an eye-opener for me. And I imagine for all (or most) of you, too.

{[**WARNING**]} HIGH RUBBISH CONTENT POST...even for Travlr.

Clinton was a populist? Huey Long? George Wallace? wha???

You're so cute.
Whatever man... You're Canadian.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Yup.

One of the best decisions of my life....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations