WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Donald admits no emergency

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Donald admits no emergency
Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During his speech saying he was declaring his National Emergency he literally said he does not have to declare one, he just wants to build his wall quicker. And then admits he only gets his stats from Sen, Nielson and not the FBI, DEA, NSA, etc, etc.

He literally just proved the Democratic case for the court for them.

IP: Logged
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no fan of his but that was one of the worst speeches I've heard. rambling on from one thing to another, dis-oriented thoughts..

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad he did it. He literally just stopped his wall from getting done. While it won't matter to the Trumpets, when he tries to blame anyone, that video will be played.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he said a couple of times that he DIDNT HAVE TO declare an emergency.. as red foreman would say... dumb a**

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, what's the emergency since he has already claimed to have built the wall.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anne Coulter: "The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot."

And now I find myself conflicted; who am I supposed to be getting angry at, again....?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

King Francis
Member # 24068

quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:

And now I find myself conflicted; who am I supposed to be getting angry at, again....?

never thought I would ever agree with a word that came outa her mouth..

strange times we are living in

--------------------

Cory
Member # 6097

quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:

Hannitty, Ingraham, the other idiot, I forget his name.
Cory
Member # 6097

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/first-lawsuit-challenging-trump-national-emergency-border-wa

This did not take very long.

Before all the "But it's Buzzfeed"...

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5742084/2-15-19-Alvarez-v-Trump-Complaint.pdf

[ 02-15-2019, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Cory ]

Cory
Member # 6097

The DOD statement.

-

Best part is where it states the DOD gets to decide if they are necessary and if constructing them are required.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually is says the SecDef gets to decide. And the current SecDef is Patrick M. Shanahan, who is the Acting SecDef, which means he can't make policy without it going through Congress (the laws are pretty exacting about just what an Acting Department Secretary can and cannot do unilaterally).

Think things aren't going to go quite according to plan...

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
never thought I would ever agree with a word that came outa her mouth..

strange times we are living in

I'm reminded of an old saying — something about a broken clock.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

EDIT: Okay, looks like the system doesn't like doing that. Still, the link works....

[ 02-16-2019, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/\

quote:
Ann Coulter
‏
Verified account

@AnnCoulter
Follow Follow @AnnCoulter
More

If we're going to have some doofus named Jared running our immigration policy, I'd prefer that it be that pederast from the Subway ads.

2:08 PM - 15 Feb 2019

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Course the reason Trans Barbie is freaking out is she thinks tRump isn't Fascist, racist or autocratic ENOUGH, but still...

--------------------

Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we’re forced into a water landing due to the national emergency, please use the President in front of you as a flotation device.

--------------------
THE TIES THAT BIND - a film for which I created the concept and co-wrote... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODd54l1H6iA

Cory
Member # 6097

https://twitter.com/NickLutsko/status/1096473564079886337

Best video ever.

Trump's song put to music. It is a must watch.

Cory
Member # 6097

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=39&v=_D-rseZ9OnE

Baldwin is awesome.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

It really makes no sense. Let's look at some numbers from Quinnipiac U....

A majority of Americans don't want a wall built, 55% to 41%. Solid majority.

A majority opposed Trump shutting down the government to get funding for the wall, 68% to 26%. Two-to-one there.

And his declaration of a national emergency to divert funds from other projects to build the wall is also opposed by very similar numbers, 66% to 31%.

And everything we're seeing right now suggests he's going to make this, if not the foundation, than at least a corner-post of his re-election campaign's platform. But there's no way he's going to win with only one-third of the voters in-line with it.

Unless, maybe, a strong Independent challenger arrives to make it a legitimate three-way race (yeah, I'm looking at you, Howard Schultz).

So why's he doing this?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

via Mediaite:

quote:
Fox News host Chris Wallace relentlessly pushed Trump senior adviser Stephen Miller on Donald Trump‘s declaration of a national emergency on Sunday, and nailed him particularly hard by repeatedly asking for a single example of another president who has done what Trump has done.

On this week’s Fox News Sunday, Wallace was all over Miller, challenging him to provide some explanation for how Trump’s national emergency is a national emergency, when Trump himself essentially admitted it wasn’t a national emergency. And when Miller tried to fend off the questions with talking points, Wallace peppered him with followups.

Just brutal. Wallace was so much like his father here, it's frightening. Back in the day, if you had done something questionable, the last person you wanted to sit down with for an interview was Mike Wallace. And that's because Wallace didn't interview; he interrogated. And this is very very reminiscent of that.

As Miller is the brains behind Trump's immigration policies, nailing his foot to the floor about it is rather....refreshing.

Especially given it's FOX. There's been a growing rift between the channel and the White House, Fox & Friends notwithstanding, and how this will ultimately go down will be educational to watch....

[ 02-17-2019, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the old joke? You know you're in for a bad day when you wake up and Mike Wallace is on your door step?
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
What was the old joke? You know you're in for a bad day when you wake up and Mike Wallace is on your door step?

That or Dan Rather with a 60 Mintues film crew.

If you were trying to hide something, either of those happening would loosen your bowels....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

California AG: At least 13 states suing over Trump's national emergency
quote:
California and a dozen other states are filing a lawsuit challenging Donald Trump's national emergency declaration on Monday, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said.

"The president admitted that there's not a basis for the declaration, he admitted there's no crisis at the border, he's now trying to rob funds that were allocated by Congress legally to the various states and people of our states," Becerra told Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC Monday afternoon.

"The separation of powers is being violated, we're going to go out there and make sure that Donald Trump cannot steal money from the states and people who need them, since we paid the taxpayer dollars to Washington, D.C. to get those services," he said.

And as First Read pointed out earlier this a.m., Trump himself pretty much spiked his own wheels during his announcement.

quote:
Just how many problems did President Trump create for himself — and others — in Friday’s 50-minute disjointed and flat-out bizarre statement and news conference, when he announced his national emergency to build his border wall?

1. He arguably undermined the legal basis for declaring a national emergency...

2. He said it was a "lie" that the preponderance of illegal drugs crossing the border do so at ports of entry — when the DEA reported in 2018 that it was the most common method for transnational criminal organizations...

3. He said Japanese Prime Minister Abe recommended him for the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on North Korea, which has created an uproar in Japan...

4. He claimed Obama was "close to starting a big war with North Korea," which former Obama White House aides deny...

5. After signing criminal-justice reform into law, he appeared to endorse China’s policy of giving the death penalty to drug dealers...

The article goes into a bit more detail about the specifics of each, including the specific quote.

Trump thinks he'll get shafted by the lower courts -- especially the 9th Circuit -- but he'll get "a fair shake" out of SCOTUS.

But y'know, having seen how Chief Justice Roberts has been voting on the Courts' decisions -- and why -- I'd advise Trump not to put any money down on it going his way in the end....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

It's now 16 States suing the gov't over this.

Why, you'd almost think the public doesn't believe there's an emergency at the border....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Cory
Member # 6097

Posting here and in the Russia thread due to your comment on Roberts.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/politics/scotus-mueller-grand-jury/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_term=image&utm_content=2019-02-19T15%3A04%3A51&utm_source=twCNNp

It seems as though SCOTUS is already not voting in Donald's favor for things still. They placed a ruling allowing sealed documents to be unsealed and filed with redaction's in regards to that unnamed foreign business that is involved with the Russian investigation.

As has been stated numerous times. Roberts is very much Rule of Law, SCOTUS precedence, and pro-Constitution, and that will not work in Donald's favor.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Continuing in that vein: Roberts sides with the Liberal Judges again; this time on the death penalty.
quote:
Roberts was pointed in saying the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has 'misapplied' a 2017 ruling that instructed that court to reconsider its analysis of whether death-row inmate Bobby James Moore was intellectually disabled, and thus ineligible for execution. Less than two weeks ago, Roberts joined the liberals in stopping a Louisiana abortion law that was nearly identical to a Texas law the court had struck down in 2016.

Roberts’s role in the abortion and death penalty cases were notable partly because he had been in dissent in the original decisions.

That last bit is....intriguing....

[ 02-20-2019, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Pelosi is moving with a resolution opposing Trump's emergency declaration:
quote:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Wednesday night that the House will vote in the coming day on a resolution disapproving President Trump’s emergency declaration to build his wall with Mexico, encouraging her members to support the effort as they try to stop construction at the border.

In a "Dear Colleague" letter, the California Democrat said Trump’s declaration "undermines the separation of powers and Congress’s power of the purse, a power exclusively reserved by the text of the Constitution to the first branch of government, the Legislative branch, a branch co-equal to the Executive"...

...Pelosi announced that the House would move "swiftly" to pass a disapproval resolution...

No specifics as to a time-line given, but as soon as the resolution passes the House -- and it will. Pelosi's too good at this to have it fail on the floor -- then the Senate will have 18 days (I believe) to vote on it. And it cannot be filibustered, requiring only a straight majority to pass. And there are at least 3 Republicans I can see voting in favour of the resolution right today; McConnell can't afford one more defection, since he has no way of stopping the vote (which has to annoy the snot out of him). The question is, "can he?"

And then comes the point where Trump will or will not veto the resolution. Unless, somehow, Congress can defeat the veto, either at the time of the original vote (2/3 majorities in both Chambers), or in a specific vote against the veto (which is always always an iffy thing).

....someone start melting the butter for the popcorn (but none for me thanks, salt's just fine....).

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Better off with the butter.

--------------------

Cory
Member # 6097

He has 15 business days to put it to a vote according to the NEA. Now with just a majority means Donald can veto it. From what I read, it has to be a veto proof vote in order to go without Donald stopping that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/08/presidential-declaration-national-emergency-donald-trump-border-wall-congress-oversight/2784488002/

[ 02-21-2019, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Cory ]

Cory
Member # 6097

To bring this up to speed...

Donald lost his battle with the ACLU regarding his usage of the "national emergency" to take 3 billion to build his wall. Seems that when you admit it is not an emergency, courts tend to hate that when you try to bypass congress.

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1144788279570718720

[ 06-28-2019, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Cory ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations