WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » Joan Jett

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joan Jett
Intelligent Sensational Super Mopey
Member # 5974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Intelligent Sensational Super Mopey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder if anybody else is a fan of Joan Jett out there? Or if anybody doesn't particularly like her? I have pretty much always been a fan and found her to be pretty hot. I saw her twice in concert at the local armory back in the day and then at my college. She still looks great and still is rocking.

--------------------
"Live long and prosper."

"HAVE AT THEE BASE VILLIAN!"

IP: Logged
diabolical brain-washington heights
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diabolical brain-washington heights   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine is obsessed with Joan Jett. He's kind of a nut. Saw her live a couple years ago. She was pretty good.

--------------------
myspace.com/acrossdotave

A new feature film coming soon: "Across Dot Ave."

wild bill From CA
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Joan Jett and lament the loss of The Runaways with every second of my life!

Joan Jett is the first woman I recall having a crush on.

--------------------
Having a NORML day

THFC til death

Mr. A
Member # 39

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't unnerstan how come she didn't change the "she" to "he" in "Crimson and Clover" when I was younger and more innocent...now I unnerstan and it's really hawt!
wild bill From CA
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Ambivalent:
I didn't unnerstan how come she didn't change the "she" to "he" in "Crimson and Clover" when I was younger and more innocent...now I unnerstan and it's really hawt!

Welcome home, brother...

--------------------
Having a NORML day

THFC til death

Scot V from TX
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scot V from TX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big fan of Joan Jett. (Anyone remember the Joel Watts video about Ted DiBiase from Mid-South to the tune of "Bad Reputation")?
Mr. A
Member # 39

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wild bill from CA:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome home, brother

It is way good to be back...and I'm so happy to see the Bar and Grill up and running again!
wild bill From CA
Member # 1942

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wild bill from CA:
quote:

Welcome home, brother

It is way good to be back...and I'm so happy to see the Bar and Grill up and running again!
Well stick around for our keynote address

http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=002299

--------------------
Having a NORML day

THFC til death

Grape Ape
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grape Ape     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Joan Jett where I worked years and years ago. She was pretty nice but had tons of make-up caked on and a horrible complexion.

Great voice though.

Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked her music well enough. One of the first rocker chicks I listened to when I discovered radio.

--------------------
You're starting to act weird. Get a grip on yourself. ---Hunter S. Thompson, to Warren Zevon, Winter 2002

doc
Member # 5897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wild bill From CA:
I love Joan Jett and lament the loss of The Runaways with every second of my life!

Joan Jett is the first woman I recall having a crush on.

Mine was Mamie Eisenhower.

--------------------
"All we have left is our memories, Lou. It's all we have."
--Count Billy Varga to Lou Thesz at a long-ago CAC banquet at the Sportsmens Lodge in Sherman Oaks, California

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Figures.

j.d. out-

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

The Mississippi Mauler mark II
Member # 1561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mississippi Mauler mark II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Mopey

--------------------
"The best fine producer in our tournament was a guy from Tennessee named Moondog Randy Colley. He'd spent a few years in the WWF as part of the Moondogs tag team and claimed to have invented the leather-clad face-painted gimmick of Demolition, which Vince then stole from him. I liked Demolition better when they were called the Road Warriors anyway.", Chris Jericho from A Lion's Tale

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joan is hot hot HOT. I even liked her when he had that real short bleach blonde hair. She has a rockin' little bod. How old is she?

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

scizott792
Member # 5330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scizott792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joan Jett is 50, if you can believe it. Preproduction is currently underway on "The Runaways" a biopic about Joan's first all-girl band, with Twilight star Kristen Stewart set to play Joan, and Dakota Fanning to play Cherie Currie.
Here's a pic of Joan and Kristen together at rehearsals.

-

--------------------
"Now, my father cared about Country Joe and The Fish as much you probably do about sado-masochism." -Smith Hart to scizott792, Amsterdam NY 6/5/10

weaselsuit from MN
Member # 8719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weaselsuit from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw the tail end of her performing at First Ave with the live gits thing (maybe 15 years ago?) purely by accident and what I saw was great.

--------------------
"Car picture with Dom Deluise..."

Tcountyredneck
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tcountyredneck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had third row seats when she opened up for Aerosmith supporting the album that had "I Hate Myself For Loving You" on it. She did a cover of The Stooges' "I Wanna Be Your Dog". And she was singin' it to me. Just me.True story.

[ 07-09-2009, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Tcountyredneck ]

--------------------
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tcountyredneck:
Had third row seats when she opened up for Aerosmith supporting the album that had "I Hate Myself For Loving You" on it. She did a cover of The Stooges' "I Wanna Be Your Dog". And she was singin' it to me. Just me.True story.

She could be my dog any day.

[ 07-11-2009, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Charlie Horse ]

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

scizott792
Member # 5330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scizott792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tcountyredneck:
She did a cover of The Stooges' "I Wanna Be Your Dog". And she was singin' it to me. Just me.True story.

Was your girlfriend sitting next to you? I'm just saying. [Wink]

I've seen her many times over the years, and it's always a great show. Once she played at this outdoor radio station free festival at a local racetrack, going on in the late afternoon. It was a really white trash type of audience, if I can be honest, and Joan had shaved her head completely bald. A very startling look, but I liked it. When she played "I Wanna Be Your Dog", the sight of a guy in the crowd with an awesome mullet rocking out with his 4 year old son on his shoulders is one i'll never forget!

--------------------
"Now, my father cared about Country Joe and The Fish as much you probably do about sado-masochism." -Smith Hart to scizott792, Amsterdam NY 6/5/10

The Original BadstreetUSA
Member # 5830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Original BadstreetUSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joanie was awesome because she was a babe AND she rocked!
Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read the book by Cherie Currie, was a pretty decent read. I honeslty didn't know much bout the Runaways, course I was a fan of Jett and Lita Ford (thought she was smoking back in the day). And I knew some of their songs, but was a bit before my time so I wasn't a fan of The Runaways.

I would recommend the book though. Anyone seen the movie? Guees I will check it out on DVD.

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Check out the movie Runaways and an even better movie IMO is the documentary Edgeplay.

http://www.amazon.com/Edgeplay-About-Runaways-Lita-Ford/dp/B00061QJ58

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations