WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Explanation for this picture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Explanation for this picture
Arn Anderson Fan
Member # 5071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arn Anderson Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Were these 3 teaming together? I thought they were feuding....

I didn't see alot of that time frame, so I'm somewhat confused.

--------------------
"Just walk away. Find something else to do. Because the life you save may be your own!" --Arn Anderson

IP: Logged
Rollo Nickels from WA
Member # 923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollo Nickels from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's in Japan, which am like Bizarro world. Bobo am heel!

--------------------
Never mistake motion for action. - Ernest Hemmingway

Rich Tate
Administrator
Member # 1374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Tate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering that's Japan, I imagine it was easier than in the states to run angles where guys who normally feuded with one another somewhere teamed up elsewhere. Looks like it's just prior to a six man tag match, maybe...

--------------------
Georgia Wrestling History

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they could have been teaming in Japan, or this might be one of those ceremonial type deals before a card or a tournament where all the wrestlers are in the ring at the same time, which is also common in Japan.

So long from the Sunshine State!

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

I'll copy this over to Jack's board and maybe next time he drops by, we'll see if he remembers the specifics.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Ring any bells, champ?
The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know is that one awesome 3-man team if that's the case....some talent there!

j.d. out-

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

aim
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aim         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best 3 man team EVER! [Smile]

--------------------
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
~~George Carlin

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.-- Mark Twain

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." – Socrates

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they worked as a team, it could have been a deal where they had the top NWA guys at the time.

--------------------
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
www.defywrestling.com
http://mlwradio.com/

charrison
Member # 25253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charrison   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
harley race, dory funk jr. and jack. what a concept. in florida , heres how the concept would have played out.... 6 man tagteam match with whoever, jack would be the first to wrestle. harley and funk would have been conspiring the whole time how to throw a wrench in jacks style by, missing tags, allowing the other team to double or triple team him, and basically allowing him, to get the beatdown, and giving him the beatdown whenever the match was over. notice jack in the picture with his eyes on both of them, very smart wrestler, but what a concept

[ 11-18-2009, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: charrison ]

--------------------
charles s. harrison

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that's Harley, not Murdoch.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

charrison
Member # 25253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charrison   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o.k i see it now nevermind , it is harley, seen him a bunch of times but still would have lost the ranch until taking a triple take , thanx

--------------------
charles s. harrison

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do have to look twice to see it's Harley Race, not Dick Murdoch.

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

Stomper from SK
Member # 5703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stomper from SK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First glance I too thought it was Murdoch.

--------------------
"When he's through counting his bruises, he'll revert to the farm life he left in Carbon, Alberta, when he embarked an his wrestling career. The Stomper credits Stu Hart with launching his career and adding polish to his techniques and strength to his body. He's come a long way since he left Hart's basement gym a decade ago." (by Hal Walker, from the CALGARY HERALD, Jan. 6, 1974)

Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Race & Funk may have been in the ring to challenge champ Briso. I don't remember all 3 teaming.--Yohe
Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jan. 1974 tour ?

January 30, 1974 … Tokyo
Giant Baba and Dory Funk Jr. both COR (Giant Baba retained the PWF Heavyweight Title) … Jack Brisco beat Jumbo Tsuruta to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title … Harley Race drew The Destroyer … Mitsu Hirai and Masio Koma beat Jerry Brisco and Jim Dillon … Thunder Sugiyama beat Luke Graham … Professor Tanaka beat Motoshi Okuma … The Patriot beat Akio Sato … Mitsuo Momota beat Munenori Higo

Steve Yohe
Member # 302

January 24, 1974 … Hiroshima
Jack Brisco drew Harley Race to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title … Giant Baba and Jumbo Tsuruta beat Dory Funk Jr. and Jim Dillon … The Destroyer beat Luke Graham … Professor Tanaka beat Thunder Sugiyama … Masio Koma beat Karl Von Steiger … Jerry Brisco beat Mitsu Hirai … The Patriot beat Mitsuo Momota … Motoshi Okuma beat Munenori Higo … Akio Sato beat Mitsuo Hata

January 27, 1974 … Osaka
Giant Baba beat Harley Race to retain the PWF Heavyweight Title … Jack Brisco drew Dory Funk Jr. to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title … The Destroyer and Jumbo Tsuruta beat Jerry Brisco and Jim Dillon … Professor Tanaka beat Thunder Sugiyama … Masio Koma beat The Patriot … Karl Von Steiger beat Mitsu Hirai … Munenori Higo beat Akio Sato

[ 01-28-2015, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Steve Yohe ]

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1974 era "Patriot"" I can pull up a TT from that era (Bob Griffin/Bobby Hart) but I don't see them working ing Japan or on a tour anywhere with the more illustrious names.

--------------------
Michael Moriarty as Henry Wiggen in, "Bang the Drum Slowly" (1973)

"From here on in, I rag nobody"

Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day Blind Guy,

I just checked Haruo Yamaguchi's incredible Japanese Results from 1950 to 1983 posted by Steve Yohe at http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004131;p=1

Haruo identifies The Patriot who wrestled for All Japan on the 4 to 30 January 1974 tour as being Bobby Hart.

Cheers!

Ed

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day Ed and thanks! I can cross one puzzling mystery off the list thanks to you.

And good for Bobby Hart to get the trip.

--------------------
Michael Moriarty as Henry Wiggen in, "Bang the Drum Slowly" (1973)

"From here on in, I rag nobody"

Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day Blind Guy,

Bobby Hart made his Australian debut for the World Championship Wrestling promotion in 1975.

Hart returned to Australia in 1978.

Bobby was well received Down Under, whether wrestling as a babyface or a heel.

I enjoyed his matches.

Cheers!

Ed

bam bam bum
Member # 120210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bam bam bum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice picture

--------------------
If reality has ganged up on you, nothing is safe anymore

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations