WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Lou Thesz forum » Haystack Calhoun's Legacy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Haystack Calhoun's Legacy
puffo
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for puffo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a person on People's Court who stated that he is a wrestler and goes by the name of Boss Hog Calhoun. He stated that he is the grandson of Haystack Calhoun. Is this a true statement? Haystack was a popular wrestler with the fans. I'm not sure if he was respected by his peers. What are some of the impressions regarding Haystack Calhoun?
IP: Logged
Mr4wrestle
Member # 811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr4wrestle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fellow you saw on TV is Jack Martin. He has been claiming the Calhoun relationship for years. Not true. He lives on Long Island, NY and can boast of a north east wrestling career spanning over 15 years comprising of approximately 30 bouts. He worked as Boss Hog Calhoun and as Toxic Waste and lived his gimmick by way of not bathing. Local New York legend Professor Elliot can tell about the time we worked a show in NY and one of the boys got into Martin's room at 3 AM & doused him with a bucket of ice cold water. I'm sure the motel owner is still talking about the soaking wet 500 lb man who woke him up that night
jim mandl
Member # 5686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim mandl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that 'Stacks only had one child, a daughter.

My scanner is kaput so I can only type the caption from a newspaper photograph from the Detroit News dated Wednesday, May 30, 1962......

OH BIG DADDY! --- Gazing fondly at his first born is "Haystack" Calhoun, a 601 pound professional wrestler. The baby, named Kathy and weighing 6 pounds, 11 ounces, was born in a Charlotte, N.C. hospital. Mrs. Calhoun, a mere 230 pounder, and baby were doing fine ---AP.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations