WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Lou Thesz forum » Passing on Hooking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Passing on Hooking
OBoylefan
Member # 517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OBoylefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mr. Thesz,

First off, I want to let you know how much I enjoyed "Hooker." I've probably read it cover-to-cover at least five times, and I learn something new each time.

Did you ever let anyone into the secret society of hooking, the way men like Ad Santell and George Tragos did for you? If so, who? If not, why?

Thank you.

IP: Logged
Lou Thesz
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lou Thesz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Question!

By the time I had the time to coach someone, the need for such knowledge no longer existed in professional wrestling. I am doing some seminars now when I can, but I never gave anyone the attention George Tragos gave me. However, noone ever wanted the knowledge enough to work for it. A wrestler must be pretty profecient to even begin training and learning the hooks. Writin gHooker made me realize how wonderful a gift I was given - or at least allowed to work for.

Happy you are enjoying the book. I had a great time doing it. It is the closest I can get to doing it all again.

Lou

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations