WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Whatever Happened To PVT. Terry Daniels?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whatever Happened To PVT. Terry Daniels?
Scot V from TX
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scot V from TX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course most might remember him from his breif stay as Sgt. Slaughter pal in the WWF. Shortly after that he went to Texas All-Star and the quickly dissapeared. Hadn't thought of him in years. Any info?
IP: Logged
JumboShrimp from CA
Member # 5700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JumboShrimp from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question...what did happen to him?
Mr. A
Member # 39

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniels had a short run in Mid-South. He was pretty much an enhancement guy although he did tag team with Duggan a couple of times and if I'm not mistaken brought in Sgt. Slaughter as his partner for some house shows.
Rob from IA
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob from IA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in Global for a bit. Teamed with the Patriot in the tag tourney, and they lost to Bad News and Big Bully Busick. Couldn't have Patriot win EVERY tourney, so Daniels got pinned. He also lost to Barry Horowitz early on and Barry would have them show the end of the match seemingly every day there for awhile.
The Saviour of Misbehaviour
Member # 4152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Saviour of Misbehaviour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he also played semi pro football, so he may have been doing that all this time

--------------------
Sonja: Judgment of any system, or a priori relationship or phenomenon exists in an irrational, or metaphysical, or at least epistemological contradiction to an abstract empirical concept such as being, or to be, or to occur in the thing itself, or of the thing itself.
Boris: Yes, I've said that many times.

BaltimoreBullet
Member # 4184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaltimoreBullet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I pose an even better question, who the hell cares? I apologize if that seems sarcastic, but... seriously, who the hell cares?

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt- then it's freakin' hilarious!

BeachBum
Member # 2851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachBum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BaltimoreBullet:
May I pose an even better question, who the hell cares? I apologize if that seems sarcastic, but... seriously, who the hell cares?

I am curious as to where Danials is now. I care.
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Army Reserves? [Big Grin]
Idol I
Member # 4061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idol I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember him on the TNT show (sometime in 84) talking about his training with the Sarge.

--------------------
http://TheHistoryofWWE.com/

HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a story that he broke into the business when Adrian Adonis challenged any volunteering audience member to last X number of minutes with him. This would be San Antonio, but I don't know the year. Apparently, these were shoots. Adonis was skilled enough that the promotion was confident he could control these "matches" at will.

Daniels came out with a real victory, or else he was impressive enough that he was offered a wrestling job. Either way (from what I read), he legitimately gave Adonis a significant amount of competition.

I don't know how much truth there is to this one.

I've only read this story once, and I have no way of verifying it (except, obviously, if one of you folks can shed some light on it.)

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

james beard
Member # 658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for james beard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's some truth to it. Terry was game enough that the guys thought he had a chance to be in the business if he got some training. Adonis, even though his "physique" didn't look it so much, was one tough hombre.

I haven't seen Terry in a long time. The last time was in Amarillo for one of Murdoch's shows just before Dick died.

And just for the record, I realize Terry might not be a familiar name to some of the younger posters, but he was a very good worker and had a lot of fire. He was never a major star, but he did have a fairly significant career and value as a good hand wherever he worked. This is a "Wrestling Classics" board and THAT is why someone might care.

[ 05-22-2007, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: james beard ]

--------------------
"It's the truth....deal with it"...Bill Hicks

HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by james beard:
There's some truth to it. Terry was game enough that the guys thought he had a chance to be in the business if he got some training.

Thanks, James.

Do you recall any details about the Adonis-Daniels match?

Did Daniels actually win?

How did Adonis respond? Was there any lasting resentment? (According to a Barry Windham interview, Adonis was a very grumpy person in general. I can only imagine that he'd be furious about being defeated or evenly-matched against an audience member.)

Did Daniels start working in San Antonio? Or did they send him somewhere else?

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry Daniels worked for Global in Dallas around 1991 and 1992 as a low midcarder.
james beard
Member # 658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for james beard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't there. I remember Dick Murdoch talking about it and the best I remember, he was on hand. If memory serves me, I believe Dick talked about Terry being very impressive as far as being tough and aggressive, but did not beat Adrian. I would be shocked if he were able to do that and the way I remember it, Adrian just adjusted to the fact Terry was being a bit of trouble and handled it.

Adrian could be surly, but he was a pro and understood the situation he was in when they did that gimmick of him accepting any challenge. I believe this was done out of the Amarillo office and not San Antonio. That is where Terry broke in if I remember correctly.

--------------------

JumboShrimp from CA
Member # 5700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JumboShrimp from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't he work Mid-South as a jobber early in his career?
wrestlefan2
Member # 1147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrestlefan2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kind of surprised a territory would have done shoot competitions with fans after the Tim Woods incident in Georgia.
BRIX THORNTON
Member # 2735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRIX THORNTON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have footage of Daniels working enhancement in Mid-SOuth at various times in 1985

I also have some footage from Texas All-Star in which he is in their Jr Heavyweight torunament - this is from 85, or maybe 86 also

his WWF run was with Slaughter and at the height of the Cobra Corps thing, so that was probably late 84, or very early 85

I guess it probably went WWF 1st, then then other territories

james beard
Member # 658

quote:
Originally posted by wrestlefan2:
I'm kind of surprised a territory would have done shoot competitions with fans after the Tim Woods incident in Georgia.

Well, the idea is dangerous, for sure. But, with a guy like Adonis (and any number of others), you know that even if things go bad, he's going to find a way to get out of it. I mean, even if he powders and runs, he ain't hurtin' his image or the promotion. But, most situations he's going to be able to snatch a guy and keep anything too bad from happening.

Sputnik Monroe was know to have gotten into several pickles that made him look less than tough, but he always found a way to turn it around. Some of those stories were hilarious, but in pro wrestling, you can make chicken salad out of....well, they won't let me finish that, but you know what I mean.

--------------------

Firebreaker Pauly from NY
Member # 6056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firebreaker Pauly from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why the disrespect for Mr. Daniels? He was never a big name, but was a good worker who made a lot of people look good. The fact that as an unknown he was able to give Adonis some trouble should speak volumes.

--------------------
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."- Jesse "The Body" Ventura

El Cochino
Member # 7449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Cochino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wrestlefan2:

Could someone elaborate on this?
the good old days
Member # 7673

Icon 14 posted      Profile for the good old days         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember him holding the American flag in the entrance way during a Slaughter match and the Iron Sheik jumping him. I saw this on All American Wrestling back in 1984. Man, Slaughter-Sheik in '84 was ruling the WWF. More than Hogan, as far as my tastes went.
wrestlefan2
Member # 1147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrestlefan2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically around 1969 or so Woods was doing a fan challenge where anyone could go in to see if they could go a certain amount of time with him. Well, he sucker punched him, ripped his mask off yet Woods recovered and punished him and then he bit his finger near off.
Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It's just interesting to find out various things on here about wrestlers we remember, regardless. No need to rain on the parade.

[Razz]

--------------------
I've been loved and put aside
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide

And my soul has been... psychedelicized

BaltimoreBullet
Member # 4184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaltimoreBullet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize for my sarcasm. I was in a bad mood and took it out on the good private and I apologize from deepest recesses of my soul.

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt- then it's freakin' hilarious!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations