WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » British Bulldogs vs Rock N Roll Express

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: British Bulldogs vs Rock N Roll Express
Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't this rare match take place in KC or someplace ?

I may be way off but I recall reading about it going down...in a rain downpour.

????

--------------------
I've been loved and put aside
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide

And my soul has been... psychedelicized

IP: Logged
SamHoustonColiseum
Member # 5771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SamHoustonColiseum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No downpour on the match I have on tape. Looked to be the Municipal Auditorium. Decent, but not a prine match from AWA TV. 3 years earlier would have been a dream come true.

--------------------
It bees that way sometimes, have mercy!

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. [Smile]

I thought I might have been remembering it wrong.

Don't know where I got the downpour stuff from...thinkin' of something else.

[Smile]

--------------------
I've been loved and put aside
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide

And my soul has been... psychedelicized

Tabe
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took place in Kansas City on 2/2/89 - indoors. However, the weather outside was apparently abysmal - rainstorm or snowstorm, I'm not sure which - and only 300 fans were in attendance for a historic show. In addition to the tag match already mentioned, there was an All Japan tag title change - the only title change in All Japan history to take place outside of Japan.

The full card courtest of www.prowrestlinghistory.com:

International Bash
February 2, 1989 in Kansas City, KS
Memorial Hall drawing 300

Rick McCord beat Bobby Jaggers.

Tiger Mask (Misawa) pinned Tommy Sharpe (8:47).

Terry & Dory Funk, Jr. beat Doug Somers & Gary Young (10:28) when Terry forced Young to submit.

Genichiro Tenryu pinned Bill Irwin (9:24).

Akio Sato pinned Curtis Hughes (8:20).

The British Bulldogs drew The Rock-n-Roll Express (30:00). Pat O'Conner was the special referee.

Jumbo Tsuruta & Yoshiaki Yatsu beat Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy (16:36) to win the International Tag Title when Tsuruta pinned Gordy.

WWA Champ Mike George beat Stevie Ray (10:47) via countout.

Yes, at least a couple of these matches, including the R&R/BB match, are available on video.

Tabe

midwestmrk
Member # 5581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for midwestmrk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tabe:
Took place in Kansas City on 2/2/89 - indoors. However, the weather outside was apparently abysmal - rainstorm or snowstorm, I'm not sure which - and only 300 fans were in attendance for a historic show. In addition to the tag match already mentioned, there was an All Japan tag title change - the only title change in All Japan history to take place outside of Japan.

The full card courtest of www.prowrestlinghistory.com:

International Bash
February 2, 1989 in Kansas City, KS
Memorial Hall drawing 300

Rick McCord beat Bobby Jaggers.

Tiger Mask (Misawa) pinned Tommy Sharpe (8:47).

Terry & Dory Funk, Jr. beat Doug Somers & Gary Young (10:28) when Terry forced Young to submit.

Genichiro Tenryu pinned Bill Irwin (9:24).

Akio Sato pinned Curtis Hughes (8:20).

The British Bulldogs drew The Rock-n-Roll Express (30:00). Pat O'Conner was the special referee.

Jumbo Tsuruta & Yoshiaki Yatsu beat Stan Hansen & Terry Gordy (16:36) to win the International Tag Title when Tsuruta pinned Gordy.

WWA Champ Mike George beat Stevie Ray (10:47) via countout.

Yes, at least a couple of these matches, including the R&R/BB match, are available on video.

Tabe

What an awesome card...

--------------------
midwestmrk

"When guys are on the mattresses, they're not out earning."
- Tony Soprano

"I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery."
- Jean Jaqueas Rousseau

sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah think about that tag match and fast forward to now. Davey Boy Smith is dead. Dynamite Kid is confined to a wheel chair. Ricky Morton is behind bars for failing to pay child support. And people say Robert Gibson is bland. Well out of the four he seems to have the most normal life now.

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

Blackjack Parsons
Member # 3062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackjack Parsons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just stumbled across this match on the WWE Network. Unfortunately, there's only 10 minutes of the 30 minute match.

--------------------
Referee Blackjack Parsons

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations