WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Otto Von Heller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Otto Von Heller
Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another wrestler I've wondered about.

I recall he was in the WWWF (70s, I believe). I've also seen him on tape in Memphis (or in Gulas' area, not sure) teaming with Karl Von Steiger.

Did Otto wrestle under any other names ?

[ 09-04-2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Mark from WA ]

--------------------
I've been loved and put aside
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide

And my soul has been... psychedelicized

IP: Logged
Beyond Salem
Member # 1597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyond Salem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Otto had a good run for George Cannon's Superstars of Wrestling which was seen in Ontario & Eastern Canada in the late 70's.

Otto was decent heel with good size and mic abilty. His main fueds were with hartford Love & Luis Martinez. He disappeared from Superstars later in 1979 - having "lost" the title.

He actually went back to the WWWF under the name "Mike Hall" losing in prelim bouts at the Philly Spectrum & Madison Sq Garden. Being a prelim guy in the WWWF paid more then being Canadian champ (lol) !

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info.

[Smile]

I think the video I have with he & Von Steiger is from the mid 70s or so.

--------------------
I've been loved and put aside
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide

And my soul has been... psychedelicized

Lee Wong
Member # 912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee Wong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even in the mid-seventies WWWF he didn't fare to well. He was at the top of the lower mid card if that makes sense. Never lost on TV to the Jose Luis Rivera's or Miguel Feliciano's but they never put him in even a minor program against a more upper echelon face or give him a permenant tag partner to go after the tag belts. Worst of all, they wouldn't even give him a title shot against Pedro/Bruno at a "B" show.
Tojo Kid
Member # 5158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Otto was a good heel for Nick Gulas in the summer of 1975. He teamed with Karl Von Steiger, & they were managed by Sam Bass. They held the U.S. tag team titles for awhile, lost the belts to Tojo Yamamoto & Tommy Rich. I think that was Rich's first title belt.
Steve Gennarelli
Member # 147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Gennarelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somewhere I have a VHS tape of a match from a WWWF tv taping (likely from Hamburg) of Bruno defeating him in a non title match. Looks to have been from 1974. Decent match.
Beyond Salem
Member # 1597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyond Salem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pretty sure I saw ads where Otto Von Heller and someone like a Nickoli Volkoff would be in main or semi main event tags against Chief Jay Strongbow, Pedro, etc on shows around 1974.
FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually hate dragging old topics from the grave but I’m watching All Star Wrestling from January of 1979 and Otto Von Heller is Wrestling in the main event as Mike Hall(possibly his real name Hull but their pronunciation is weird) with Rodz and Stasiak vs Larry Zbyszko, Putski and Garea. I found it odd he didn’t go by the Von Heller name which maybe not a major name I knew who it was immediately and then confirmed his real name as being the same person.

[ 09-09-2018, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: FantasyWrestlerDrew ]

FantasyWrestlerDrew
Member # 1551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyWrestlerDrew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I just realized who started the topic and giving the answer he won’t see makes me depressed since it was Mark who asked if he worked as any other name.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations