WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Jamal/Eddie Fatu

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jamal/Eddie Fatu
Arn Anderson Fan
Member # 5071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arn Anderson Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he part of the Samoan family?

He certainly looks like he could pass for a younger version of Rikishi. Looks alot like him from his SST days-

-

-

--------------------
"Just walk away. Find something else to do. Because the life you save may be your own!" --Arn Anderson

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he's related. His first name's Eki, not Eddie. He's either Rikishi's son or nephew, which would make him probably Tonga Kid's son. I think. That's Rikishi and Tonga/Tama (Solofa and Sam Fatu) in the top pic there.

So long from the Sunshine State!

[ 07-12-2005, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask I ]

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Actually he sorta looks more like Sam.
Darling Fascist Bullyboy
Member # 4287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darling Fascist Bullyboy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was Rikishi's brother.

Oy, all those Samoans... I wonder if even they can keep track of who's related to whom and how.

--------------------
If this is an Obama recovery, I'd hate to see an Obama recession!

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Yeah that's possible too. Sorta big age gap though. Pass the Advil.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Yeah, yer right. That's what it says on Afa's site anyway.
Jimmy Gene Manetti
Member # 5341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy Gene Manetti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Filthy Jack:
Oy, all those Samoans... I wonder if even they can keep track of who's related to whom and how.

I am sure they do.

Edit- Wrong Smiley, I wasn't being a jerk. [Smile]

[ 07-12-2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Gene Manetti ]

--------------------
CAC 2006 At The Plaza!

Sadly, Manetti's At The Plaza Center Stage Went Out Of Business Yesterday...$%@$%@^%&*

The Midnight Lurker
Member # 1084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Midnight Lurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find nothing more confusing in professional wrestling than understanding how every Samoan wrestler is related to each other.
GangstaGeek
Member # 5261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GangstaGeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I recall reading he is Rikishi's younger brother and Rosie is their cousin.

--------------------
http://www.wrestlingmarks.com - wrestling website 2.0

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maosi Tuitele   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talofa,

The Tongan Kid is Samuelu Fatu
Rikisi/Fatu is Solofa Fatu Jr.

and Umaga/Jamal is Ekmo Fatu their youngest brother

the three boys are the sons of the Sister of Afa the Wild Samoan thus they have a different last name.

Afa's brother Sika is the Father of Rosey (Matthew Anoai)

Thus making him also the brother of the Fatu brothers Mother as well.

--------------------
Ua logo tino matagi lelei!

HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rebellious:

And I think Yokozuna is also the son of Sika and therefore Matthew's brother.

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

Shockabilly
Member # 6415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shockabilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waitaminute...

))shockabilly does some figuring--writes in the air(((

I think I'm in the Samoan family somehow!!

Does this mean I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on the size of my butt? [Confused]

RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA
Member # 2212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rebellious:
Talofa,

The Tongan Kid is Samuelu Fatu
Rikisi/Fatu is Solofa Fatu Jr.

and Umaga/Jamal is Ekmo Fatu their youngest brother

the three boys are the sons of the Sister of Afa the Wild Samoan thus they have a different last name.

Thus making him also the brother of the Fatu brothers Mother as well.

::head explodes::

--------------------
"... let's get this train wreck a-rollin'!"- Strong Bad

"STOP KICKING ME!!"- Christopher Daniels @ Unbreakable '05

... I believe in Auburn, and love it.

Swimming is just floating forward

Critical Fan
Member # 4755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Critical Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Afa's website:

Relatives:
Uncle: The late High Chief "Peter Maivia"

Brothers: Sika (My other brother & tag team partner)

My sons:
Samu (AKA Wild Samoan # 3, Great Samu)
L.A. Smooth (member of the Samoan Gangstas)
Afa Jr. "The Samoan Storm"

Nephews:
The Late Yokozuna
Rikishi Phatu
Rosie
TKPA
"The Rock" Rocky Maivia
Jamal
Reno The Black Pearl
Toa Maivia

Other Relatives:
Rocky Johnson
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
David "Terminator" Tua
Joe Onosa'i (Strong Man Contest competitor)
Afa's son in law the late Gary "Air" Albright

It's not everything, but its a start

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maosi Tuitele   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sika is not the father of Yokozuna, Yokozuna is the son of the Anoai who was a former Senator in California. he is however another brother of Afa and Sika who were from a family of 13 children

--------------------

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

it all started with Peter Maivia...

Peter Maivia was the first Samoan ever to get into the wrestling Business he started his career in NZ having traveled there from Idependent Samoa.

after becoming successful there he joined with promotions in America where he met up with Afa Anoai and his brother Sika.

Peter Maivia Hails from Samoa aka Western Samoa and The Anoai Brothers (Afa & Sika) from American Samoa but to find another Samoan outside of Samoa was a rare occurance and the two families immidiately embraced each other as blood thus Maivia became blood brothers with the Father of Afa and Sika who later Joined him as wrestlers...

Maivia eventually retired to Hawaii with his branch of the NWA and held his own wrestling shows there.

this was the start of Many Samoans joining the ranks of professional wrestling...

Peter Maivia (blood brothers with the Father of Afa & Sika)

Nephews Afa & Sika...

Afa has three sons who wrestle...

Sameula Anoai (Samu/Samula the Wild Samoan)
Lloyd Anoai (LA Smooth)
Afa Anoai Jr (Afa Jr.)

Sika is the father of
Matthew Anoai (Rosey)

The sister of Afa & Sika is married to a man by the name of Solofa Fatu and their sons are

Sameulu Fatu (Tongan Kid/Tama/Samoan Savage)
Solofa Fatu Jr.. (Rikishi/Fatu)
Ekmo Fatu (Umaga/Jamal)

Yet another brother of Afa & Sika is the father of

Rodney Anoai (Yokozuna)

and yes another Anoai brother is father too

Reno Anoai (The black Pearl)

That is the Anoai Tree...

now Peter Maivia who's real name is Peter Fanene hails from the village of Falealili in Upolu Samoa and one of his cousins by actual blood is

Max Amata Taogaga "Papali'itele" (Siva Afi)

Siva Afi has one son in wrestling camp

Aleki Afi

Peter Maivia also with wife Lia Maivia have a daughter

Ata Maivia: Ata and Rocky Johnson are the parents of

Duwayne Johnson also known as (Flex Kavana/Rocky Maivia/The Rock)

and as I mentioned in a former post, the same family that Maivia, The Rock and Siva Afi hail from was the one that gave Siva Afi his title which links them to the Samoan king Malietoa who was the one who gave the Rock his princely Samoan Title.

Also Peter Maivia has another son who wrestles for Afa's WXW his name is...

Toa Maivia

Beyond these relations,

Many Samoans who also were trained by Maivia also claim family connection to him although through maybe a long search into family history.

Farmer Boy Ipo
Jumpin Joe Solo
Super Samoan Sakalia
Sam Apelu (Sam Samson Samoan referee)
Mighty Milo
Kinnipopo #1 #2 & #3
Tama Samoa
Superfly "Tui"
Neff Maiava (Not Maivia Maiava)
Al Lolotai (yes the same former NFL player)
Lu Leota II (now a member of Samoan parliment)
Fa'asamoa
Leroy Brown
Manu the Samoan
Ta'u (A trainee of Farmer boy Ipo)
Tiki Tapu
Samoan Joe

All have their own connections to Maivia

including myself

Knucklez Tuitele

being the nephew of Farmer Boy Ipo... and on my fathers side I also am linked to the same family and Village of Afa the Wild Samoan we both being from Leone American Samoa...

Three other Samoans

Tio Taylor
Reno Tuufuli
Cocoa Samoa
Tapu Taylor

Also Connect to Maivia in that way but they were mainly mainland based wrestlers.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka links to Maivia in the fact that the Island familiarity between the two created a bond between them...

while its uncertain if Snuka has any Samoan blood (he consistently claims he is fijian) Snuka has always enjoyed a family tie with the Samoans of wrestling.

Haku and The Barbarian also share a similar bond both having tagged with one of the Fatu Brothers at different times in the WWE but again They are not blood relatives because neither Haku nor the barbarian are Samoan but Tongans from an entirely different Island country.

the new generation of wrestlers are also connected to the Samoan line

The Hamo Bull
Solo Snuka
Mana
Ativalu
Superfly "Ete"
Johnny Kealoha
Knucklez Tuitele
Aleki Afi

are all Anoai family through different historical family lineages

and

Reno Tuufuli Jr.
King Dabada
Skulu the Samoan Savage

are all protoges of Reno Tuufuli & Yokozuna

the only two Samoans without a clear connection to the Majority of the Samoan Family are

Samoa Joe
Sonny Siaki

And to clear up the non wrestling family members...

Joe Onosai is a worlds strongest man competitor and a very active preacher, he is a massive man standing at about 6'6" and nearly 500 lbs he is related to Afa by way of his father. from the village of Fagatogo

David Tua. The Samoan Boxer who is billed from New Zealand and fought Lennox Lewis for the Heavyweight title is also related to Afa on his fathers side...

and the Late Gary Albright was married to Afa's daughter...

Maosi T.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti on=blog.view&friendID=7946641&blogID=44467453&MyToken=f4c58d69-a782-4f87-a8b0-ed18a38b5383

[ 07-19-2006, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Maosi Tuitele ]

--------------------

RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA
Member # 2212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the info.
Outta curiosity, do you remember all that off the top of your head? I ask because I just returned from a family reunion, and I know I have trouble remembering exactly how I'm related to some of the people there, or how they relate to everyone else, etc...

--------------------
"... let's get this train wreck a-rollin'!"- Strong Bad

"STOP KICKING ME!!"- Christopher Daniels @ Unbreakable '05

... I believe in Auburn, and love it.

Swimming is just floating forward

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

Yea I do remember it off the top of my head but the reason is is because I am in a position in Samoan society where it is required for me to know my family history by memory... this includes all of Afa's family because we are from the same village and family... its not something I learned overnight its been a lifetime of learning

thanks

Maosi T.

--------------------

Klon, Melbourne
Member # 6206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klon, Melbourne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question for Maosi Tuitele - Thanks for the great and and most imformative post.

As the nephew of Farmer Boy Ipo, what exactly was that kick that he used? I was a fan via the FNN broadcasts.

peace be with you

[ 07-18-2006, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Klon,Melbourne ]

--------------------
" It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it " - Aristotle

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

He would sometimes use a kick that was basically called the "Savate like kick" not much to it other than that... Ipo's real name was Fa'apipi'i Igafo he was from Saole American Samoa and left Samoa when he was very young...

My fathers village is on the other side of the island and I didnt leave samoa till about 2 years ago and I attended his funeral in 05'

I didnt see much of his work until some folks sent me old tapes of him working. his one son that is close to our family isnt proud of his fathers wrestling career and calls it "fake" so as for knowing much about him I dont all I can tell you is that he is the son of my grandmothers sister.

[ 07-18-2006, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Rebellious ]

--------------------

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woe be the day that members of the Samoan family marry members of the Welch clan.

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

LOL yes indeed

--------------------

Sturm316
Member # 4835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sturm316     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maosi, maybe you can help me identify someone I met following the September 16, 2002 Smackdown houseshow 2002 in Salt Lake City. A girl I worked with, her husband grew up in Samoa with Rosey and Jamal and they went to the show to see Rikishi. I was invited with them to Applebee's after the show and got to meet some of the wrestler, including Rikishi. There was a local Salt Lake resident there who also knew Rikishi and apparently was a former wrestler himself. His first name was James but I never got to know his last name, nor his ring name.

He showed me a picture of himself in the ring with the Islanders as a member of the team from around 1988, but the only "third" Islander I know of was Sivi Afi. Rikishi knew him and I certainly didn't question anything he said, but I've always wondered who he was in wrestling. Any idea?

(I have a picture of him but I've yet to figure out how to add it to a post from my Desktop, if anyone can help?)

Chargers Fan From IN
Member # 1977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chargers Fan From IN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, ok - nobody mentioned Brent Albright ... the Shooter guy on Smackdown ... isn't he Brent's kid?
RedRiver Kanyon
Member # 4115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedRiver Kanyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr.Tuitele..... Are you any relation to former New England Patriot and Buffalo Bills LB Maugaula "Ula" Tuitele...

Also, one of the best guys ever to wear a Patriots uniform, Mosi Tatupu, was a Samoan and I can't say this strongly enough, he was the nicest guy, player or managment, I ever dealt with in that organization. A true class act...

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

Hi yes as I said it the "Ugliest Team Uni posts" I am related to AJ Tuitele of the oregan ducks

AJ is the grandson of my Fathers brother...

Maugaula of the patriots is related to me the exact same way..

their fathers are brothers...

and as for Mosi Tatupu... My mothers younger brother is Married to Mosi Tatupu's sister...

and their sons Taotofi Tuipala & Joe Tuipala who played College and Joe Player for the Jaguars. are the nephews of Mosi Tatapu as well as my cousins on my mothers side...

--------------------

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

And No Gunner Scott isnt the son of Gary Albrigt...

his name is Brent Albright but there is no realation there...

--------------------

Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

quote:
Originally posted by Sturm316:
Maosi, maybe you can help me identify someone I met following the September 16, 2002 Smackdown houseshow 2002 in Salt Lake City. A girl I worked with, her husband grew up in Samoa with Rosey and Jamal and they went to the show to see Rikishi. I was invited with them to Applebee's after the show and got to meet some of the wrestler, including Rikishi. There was a local Salt Lake resident there who also knew Rikishi and apparently was a former wrestler himself. His first name was James but I never got to know his last name, nor his ring name.

He showed me a picture of himself in the ring with the Islanders as a member of the team from around 1988, but the only "third" Islander I know of was Sivi Afi. Rikishi knew him and I certainly didn't question anything he said, but I've always wondered who he was in wrestling. Any idea?

(I have a picture of him but I've yet to figure out how to add it to a post from my Desktop, if anyone can help?)

TALOFA

Hey Strum I believe that Wrestler you showed me the pic of is Tio Tio or Tio Taylor of the Samoans who often teamed up with Tapu and Reno Tuufuli

they have a las vegas based wrestling family there and are linked to King Dabada, Skulu & Reno Tuufuli jr as well as cousins with Cocoa Samoa...

Maosi T.

--------------------

Sturm316
Member # 4835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sturm316     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maosi, thanks for the info!
Maosi Tuitele
Member # 5964

Anytime Strum thanks for the pic always good to see that our samoan brothers are still around...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations