WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Wrestling giants

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wrestling giants
Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timothy-Allen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this has been discussed before and I tried to get Mr. Searchy to help but...

Who was the tallest wrestler to grace the squared circle?
Big John Harris?
El Gigante?
???

Thanks for any help.

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigante. 7' 7" legit.

So long from the Sunshine State!

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Although 'grace the squared circle' might not be the best way to put it.
Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timothy-Allen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
Although 'grace the squared circle' might not be the best way to put it.

Just trying to be 'nice' about it, CM.
[Smile]
John Harris may have been even worse in the ring. Jerry Jarrett had him working for the CWA but, as far as I know, he never put him on tv other than in music video or two.

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Harris always seemed to pass through territories, but not wrestle on TV or at all. World Class brought him in to keep Jim Cornette in line at the May 1985 Parade of Champions, however Harris did not actually wrestle on TV. The AWA brought Harris through as Silo Sam in the fall of 1986 for a series of battle royals at house shows. Again, Harris never actually wrestled on TV. In fact I know of not one single match that he ever wrestled on TV.
Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

quote:
Originally posted by tamalie:
John Harris always seemed to pass through territories, but not wrestle on TV or at all. World Class brought him in to keep Jim Cornette in line at the May 1985 Parade of Champions, however Harris did not actually wrestle on TV. The AWA brought Harris through as Silo Sam in the fall of 1986 for a series of battle royals at house shows. Again, Harris never actually wrestled on TV. In fact I know of not one single match that he ever wrestled on TV.

I'm planning on adding a page about Big John Harris to my Wrestling Eccentric web page. Funny thing is, after searching the internet, I can't find a single bit of info about the guy. I've even checked sites about giants and have had no luck. Those sites list such wrestlers as Andre, El Gigante, Kevin Nash, but no John Harris even though he had a bit part in the movie 'Big Top Pee Wee'. Even Mr. Searchy comes up empty. It's like the guy existed in a parallel universe or something. Really weird.
Does anyone know how tall he was suppose to be. The man looked to be around the 7' 7" mark just like El Gigante only heavier.

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Think I read he was 7' 2" legit. Try searching under 'Silo Sam'?

Think the Paul Bunyan guy from years back was taller than him.

Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

Thanks CM!
The "Silo Sam" name worked both here and on the google search engine (still slim pickens on info though but it's a start).
And thanks Tamalie for the 1986 date of his AWA appearance (that narrowed down my search of my wrestling tapes).

Here's 4 pics of the big guy...

http://community.webtv.net/Timothy-Allen/SiloSam/

OlCarolinaBoy
Member # 3450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OlCarolinaBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of all corrections I could make I hate it has to be this one but I think Harris was actualy in "Pee Wee's Big Advernture" as Andy.Now he may have in fact been in "Big Top" as well but I am certian he was in "Big Adventure".

Yall have a nice night.

--------------------
"A hypocrite is someone who complains about the amount of sex,drugs and violence on his VCR"...Lou Holtz

Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

quote:
Originally posted by OlCarolinaBoy:
Of all corrections I could make I hate it has to be this one but I think Harris was actualy in "Pee Wee's Big Advernture" as Andy.Now he may have in fact been in "Big Top" as well but I am certian he was in "Big Adventure".

Yall have a nice night.

...And that would explain why I couldn't find any mention of him being in Big Top Pee Wee.
[Smile]
THANKS.
You guys are great!

OlCarolinaBoy
Member # 3450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OlCarolinaBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this is much help but here is a little something I just found on him:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0081611

--------------------
"A hypocrite is someone who complains about the amount of sex,drugs and violence on his VCR"...Lou Holtz

5th Horseman
Member # 1176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5th Horseman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timothy-Allen:
quote:

Yall have a nice night.

...And that would explain why I couldn't find any mention of him being in Big Top Pee Wee.
[Smile]
THANKS.
You guys are great!

Yes, "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" did indeed feature Big John Harris (a.k.a. Little John/Silo Sam), as well as another wrestler, Professor Toru Tanaka.
Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

quote:
Not sure if this is much help but here is a little something I just found on him:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0081611

I bought the "Tell me a Riddle" VHS video tape online way back when and unfortunately it wasn't the Jon Harris I was looking for. It's one of those rare times when IMDB is wrong.
DaClyde
Member # 127626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaClyde   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there ever a legitimate height published for Max Palmer, who wrestled in the 1950s-60s? He was over 7'.

--------------------
-JasonP

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to verify but I think he was legit 7'7". He was billed as 8'2".
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was listed at 7'7 in a school basketball program or something like that. Course basketball heights are kinda like rasslin heights.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations