WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Whatever happened to Music City wrestling?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Music City wrestling?
The Masked Marauder
Member # 2480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Marauder         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 5 years ago i watched Music City wrestling with Bert Prentice late at night on a Philadelphia station. Due to a job change I could'nt stay up late anymore, and I lost track of it. When did this promotion cease to exist and what were the circumstances?
IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were watching TV late at night with Bert Prentice?

[Eek!] from the Sunshine State...

nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL!
The Masked Marauder
Member # 2480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Marauder         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is funny and I deserve it. I did not express myself properly. I meant to say that Bert Prentice was on the program. He was the promoter and also was a commentator.
nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the promotion is still going under another name. Somebody on here will know for sure.
The Dark Knight!
Member # 2165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Dark Knight!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wasnt it reported that Bert Prentice recently shut down, due to Jarrett deciding to run NWATNA every week in Nashville. Prentice is now working with Jarrett
Bacchus815
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bacchus815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Prentice's promotion was called USA Championship Wrestling.

Didn't Music City become NWA Main Event or something like that?

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plans may have changed, but the idea was that NWA-TNA would show highlights from the PPVs and use interviews and promos on Prentice's TV show to build up the weekly Wednesday night shows. Meanwhile Prentice's crew would tape some dark matches at the PPV that would be shown on his TV show. The Prentice crew would then run spot shows in the area.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basic summary, since anything involving Bert Prentice is extremely complex and difficult to explain:

Music City Wrestling was based out of Nashville and owned and operated by Bert and Bill Behrens.

After Behrens joined the NWA in 1998, they changed their name to NWA Worldwide. Bill also began running shows in Georgia under the Music City Georgia banner, which was later renamed NWA Georgia after he gained territorial rights there. Eventually, he would hook up with Steve Martin's National Championship Wrestling to form NWA Wildside.

NWA Worldwide was sold to Mike Porter sometime in 2000 I believe, who officially became a member and was granted territorial rights to Nashville by Behrens. He briefly changed the name of the group to NWA Nashville before it was renamed NWA Main Event last year.

As far as Bert goes, he's ran a couple of groups since then, co-promoting with Porter on and off, even starting back up under the Music City Wrestling banner briefly. Apparently, he and Behrens still own the rights to that name.

wickedmountain
Member # 123793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wickedmountain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about memphis championship wrestling and Power Pro from Memphis [Smile]
123seanwwf
Member # 126168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 123seanwwf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bunch uploaded on my youtube channel Youtube.com/user/123seanwwf
wickedmountain
Member # 123793

Icon 7 posted      Profile for wickedmountain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info @Dan P170
DaClyde
Member # 127626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaClyde   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So where does Prentice's USA Championship Wrestling fit amid all of that? It seems he's had that going throughout southern central and west Tennessee for some 20+ years. He briefly had TV back around 2003 as far south as Huntsville, and I attended one show he ran in Decatur.

--------------------
-JasonP

123seanwwf
Member # 126168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 123seanwwf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prentices USA Championship wrestling was around after NWA Nashville.
DaClyde
Member # 127626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaClyde   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 123seanwwf:
Prentices USA Championship wrestling was around after NWA Nashville.

I know, it is still around today. He runs at least one show a month under that name in Jackson, TN. I think he even has TV again.

--------------------
-JasonP

123seanwwf
Member # 126168

all i know now is its on youtube. it's a thirty minute show.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations