WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » eddie ellner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eddie ellner
someguy
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for someguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
back when I was more of a mark, I used to buy the PWI magazines every month and I loved the "heel" column by Eddie Ellner. Eventually, he left the magazine. Does anyone know if he is still involved in wrestling in any way? Also, as a wrestling fan and an avid reader of MAXIM magazine, I thought it was interesting that about 6 months ago, in a first person story about breaking up your best friends wedding when he is marrying the wrong girl, the author changed the true names involved for obvious reasons but said his friend was a wrestling writer. Anyone know who this was?
IP: Logged
MIDNIGHT RAIDER
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIDNIGHT RAIDER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I belive that Eddie Ellner faced the same fate as his hero Dan Shocket and passeed away. I hope I am wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
Mitch
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brandi Mankiewicz from PWI told me the other day that Eddie just up and disappeared. She said that he just didn't send in his column one month and they never heard from him again. Also if you can remember back to the World Series a couple of years ago that there was a guy who ran onto the field and put ashes on it, that was Ellner. It was his Grandmother's wish to have her ashes sprinkled on the field at Yankee Stadium, and so Eddie done just that.

Mitch
NWA Midwest

someguy
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for someguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the info. I remember reading about the Yankee Stadium thing in an issue of a PWI mag one time, so I thought it was probably made up. Interesting stuff
BeachBum
Member # 2851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachBum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the day on kayfabe Memories, an Eddie Ellner was tracked down in Southern Californa. I am thinking either Santa Barbara or Malibu. He was running some kind of alternative medecine/yoga store. According to Craig Peters (who I'm assuming was real), this was the real Ellner (who I'm also assuming was real).

Actually, as I recall, Ellner posted a couple of times in the magazine section of the message board.

elguapo1000%
Member # 4978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elguapo1000%     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I read a few years back that Eddie was in LA and his dream was writing a screenplay for a motion picture.
Dark Monarch from NC
Member # 5483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark Monarch from NC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDDIE ELLNER RULES!!!!

[ 04-08-2008, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Dark Monarch from NC ]

--------------------
Been up and down since I turned seventeen
I've been on top and it seems I've lost my dreams
But I got 'em back, I'm feeling better every day
So tell all those pencil pushers they better get out of my way...

Chuckerd58 from L.I.
Member # 6734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuckerd58 from L.I.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a strip mall in a town near me called Ellner Plaza. I alway's wondered if it has anything to do with him.

--------------------
"When it comes to Mike Wallace,The story ends with me putting him in the wall"

superman469247
Member # 5456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superman469247     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read on one of the boards not to long ago that he's a Yoga master or something in California
Motley_Crue_Fan
Member # 24159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motley_Crue_Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by superman469247:
I read on one of the boards not to long ago that he's a Yoga master or something in California

I did a Google search on him a while back. You can find him.
New Age Old School
Member # 6833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for New Age Old School         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by superman469247:

http://www.layogamagazine.com/issue43/departments/eddie_ellner.htm

--------------------
"The word processor is mightier than the pen."

Bow of Defeat
Member # 3161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow of Defeat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=576964586

--------------------
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller

timmyjax
Member # 11489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timmyjax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch:
Brandi Mankiewicz from PWI told me the other day that Eddie just up and disappeared. She said that he just didn't send in his column one month and they never heard from him again. Also if you can remember back to the World Series a couple of years ago that there was a guy who ran onto the field and put ashes on it, that was Ellner. It was his Grandmother's wish to have her ashes sprinkled on the field at Yankee Stadium, and so Eddie done just that.

Mitch
NWA Midwest

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1996-11-01/news/18019840_1_eddie-ellner-yankee-stadium-ashes

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations