WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Andre the Giant vs. Midgets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Andre the Giant vs. Midgets
Dixon Mallabee
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dixon Mallabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People I talk to swear I am making this up but I remember seeing on TV, Andre wrestle several midgets at once. Anyone else recall such? Dinner is riding on this with one of my cohorts from work. Please help, because I can fnd no proof from old mags, or researh on the net.
IP: Logged
Big Lou
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Lou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Andre Lost the Match then it was definately Rey Mysterio Jr. and Juventud and it was a real shoot in WCW.
Rev. Axl Future
Member # 186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rev. Axl Future     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked a couple knowledgable fellow East Coasters, and we all sort of recall seeing it as well, but have no details to back up the fuzzy UHF memories. It would have made Andre somewhat heelish, so I'm thinking that it did not occur. Maybe we are confusing it with the couple of matches Andre would take vs. a mid level heel tag team, with a midget as a partner (as did The Crusher).
sorry,
RAF

GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the Rev, I have a kinda fuzzy memory of seeing something with Andre & midgets...just not sure what it was...maybe one of those tug-o-war spots he used to do?
mr. man
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK brothers. You guys think that somewhere in your minds, you remember huge Andre wrestling a bunch of midgets at once. Now I gotta ask... where can I get your groovy smoke at?
Tony Meyers
Member # 590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Meyers   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously he did, he wrestle like 12 midgets and they just took bumps getting thrown around the ring, my brother and I watched it years and years ago...
Dixon Mallabee
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dixon Mallabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for backing me up Tony!
Jm
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,

This most definitely happened. I posted a reply where I mentioned this on the old board, and this match (possibly a battle royal?) happened in my area (Providence RI) around 81-83. It was advertised on TV and paper. I remember kids at school talking about this. I wasn't a diehard fan yet and I thought this was funny. I do not know about the results, but I am positive it has happened. I wish I have a clipping from that era to support my claim.

-Jm

[This message has been edited by Jm (edited 10-16-2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations