WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Largest Female Wrestler Ever

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Largest Female Wrestler Ever
uman4546
Member # 2948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uman4546         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who was the largest female wrestler ever? I'm going for a combo of height and weight. Who was/is women's wrestling's closest equivalent to Andre the Giant,Giant Baba,or Paul Wight? The only ones I can think of are the late Bertha Faye and a tall wrestler WCW had for a little while during their dying days. I can't remember her name,but she had a basketball gimmick. I think she was called "Slam Dunk".
IP: Logged
Cincinnati Kid
Member # 339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cincinnati Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what her real name was, but there was a female who went by "Heather Feather" who must have been 400-500 lbs. I seem to recall her in Farhat's Detroit promotion about 1970.
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klondike Kate is...umm...hefty.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Red Wings Fan I
Member # 2068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Wings Fan I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
WCW had for a little while during their dying days. I can't remember her name,but she had a basketball gimmick. I think she was called "Slam Dunk".

Actually, Slam Dunk was in WOW. She was billed as being 6'3". I'm not sure if that's legit but she was definitely the tallest woman in the promotion.

--------------------
"I came to smell that fresh Detroit air!" Vince McMahon

John from CT
Member # 50

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John from CT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather Feather was featured in "I Like to Hurt People." That's the only place I've heard of her.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That 'Mad Maxine' was pretty dang tall.

Nickla Roberts at I think it's 6' 1" and about 210 was sorta outsize compared to the other girls.

So long from the Sunshine State...

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She may not be the largest, but Queen Kong was pretty big.

--------------------
I've been loved and put aside
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide

And my soul has been... psychedelicized

JRM
Member # 2192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady Maxine was billed as 6' 5". I'm sure that was a work, but she was definitely taller than Jack Victory.

I saw her on a local talk show in 1987. It was really sad. She had gotten out of wrestling, and did not deal well with the insensitivities of the wrestling business. I wish I had taped the show.

JRM

[ 10-11-2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: JRM Hates the Yankees ]

PUNQ
Member # 3409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PUNQ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The female Andre the Giant, in both size and looks, would be Svetlana Gundarenko. She's 6'4" and was around 300lb (even more today) when she wrestled as a pro in FMW 1991-92. She is more famous for being a world class judo star competing in several Olympics and has also done a few shoot fights in Japan, the most famous was her decision loss to pro-wrestler Megumi Yabushita who is just 5'1" and 150Ib!

--PUNQ--

clawmaster64
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clawmaster64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John Clapp:
Heather Feather was featured in "I Like to Hurt People." That's the only place I've heard of her.

Heather Feather was a regular for the Sheik's Big Time Wrestling promotion in Detroit during the mid 70s. Lou Klein trained Heather along with many other female wrestlers including Lou's daughter Linda.

--------------------
"We were so close, there was no room
We bled inside each others wounds
We all had caught the same disease
And we all sang the songs of peace"-- Melanie Safka

Daniel from Norwegia
Member # 3542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel from Norwegia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What finisher did Heather Feather use ?

Daniel

--------------------
Norges største Asia guide

http://www.asiatips.no

StanJohns
Member # 3247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StanJohns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think that the guy who Heather Feather pinned in the movie posts on KM in the Detroit section

how about Midnight, who wrestled in WCW in 2000, and was affectionately referred to by Bobby Heenan as

"Sarah Art Thomas"

big gal. had to be well over 6 feet

uman4546
Member # 2948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uman4546         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
how about Midnight, who wrestled in WCW in 2000, and was affectionately referred to by Bobby Heenan as

"Sarah Art Thomas"

That might be who I'm thinking of. Although I still remember a female wrestler in WCW with a basketball gimmick. I remember the one from WOW now that the promotion was mentioned.

Thanks for the posts guys.

[ 10-12-2003, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: iwarrior ]

Will Morrisey
Member # 1542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Will Morrisey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Heather Feather in Mount Vernon, Ohio in 1972. Very round, but not very tall. She was billed as being well over 300 pounds;I'm not sure how accurate that was. The Russian lady pictured above appears to be much bigger.
Tartman
Member # 3876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
quote:

"Sarah Art Thomas"

That might be who I'm thinking of. Although I still remember a female wrestler in WCW with a basketball gimmick. I remember the one from WOW now that the promotion was mentioned.

Thanks for the posts guys.

Midnight = Ann Marie Crooks..

I can recall her being listed somewhere @ 5'11'',205 or so...

Not quite the biggest; in fact somewhat smaller than Heather, Nicole Bass and the rest

tlyne
Member # 319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aja Kong is not small!
Rick Hodge
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Hodge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What about this person? According to http://www.tinadiane.com/propicsgallery.html . She was called Lady Blimp. Anybody know anything about her wrestling?

Will Morrisey
Member # 1542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Will Morrisey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if it's the same person, but Jack Pfefer had a "Lady Blimp" under contract. Her real name was Charlene Ward. This was in September 1967.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure that's the same one.
Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timothy-Allen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found an old article about Heather Feather from the Detroit Free Press (1973) and it says she was 23 years young, 5'10" tall and weighed 389 lbs.,
and her real name is Peggy Jones.

Here's the link to the article and I hope this works...
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/27220232/detroit_free_press/

K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K. Fabian McClinch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Sumo count?

--------------------
"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Four shots ripped into my groin, and I was off on one of the strangest adventures of my life." (Max Shulman)

Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timothy-Allen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by K. Fabian McClinch:
Does Sumo count?

Wonder if she could work a professional wrestling match? She certainly has the personality to draw in the fans.

I mean. no one's gonna' wanna see someone so sweet fail in the ring.

[ 09-11-2019, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Timothy-Allen ]

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would they let her actual personality shibe through? Smart money says they bury it behind bad writing and a dopey character. She'd wind up playing Vince playing her, not herself.

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations