WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Ox Baker's Cookbook

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ox Baker's Cookbook
Plowboy from WA
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plowboy from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Gang:
I just thought I'd let you know that I found a source for copies of "The First Ever: Ox Baker's Cookbook, A Tribute to the Fallen Warriors" here in Burbank, CA. Like Ox, the book ain't pretty, and the grammar is a little bit off, but it reminds me of the old programs from the 1970's so I completely forgive it.

Basically it's a cookbook of his specialties with tributes to wrestlers he knew or admired over the years. It's a pretty heart-felt (or heart-punched) effort, in my opinion. As a collector of cookbooks and serious cook, on top of being a wrestling fan, I had to buy this. At first glance everything seems to be copacetic, recipe-wise. I'm going to try out his meatloaf tonight, and I'll post here if anybody is interested about the quality of his recipes. (I have a sneaking suspicion I will be pleased with the results.)

If anybody out there would like a copy, I'd be more than happy to get you one. The cover cost is $20 -- not cheap, but these independant books usually go for that much -- and we can work out the rest. Just e-mail me.
-- Kurt

PS: He says he has a second book in the making called "Grill We Must!"

IP: Logged
Plowboy from WA
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plowboy from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, the meatloaf ain't bad! Ox has an extreme love of garlic -- heaps and heaps of it -- which doesn't offend me in the least.
Dick the Boozer
Member # 1723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick the Boozer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the dishes mostly hearty fare? I can't really see Ox Baker sitting down to dine on quiche and small tossed salad.

Who are some of the wrestlers that he writes about in the book?

[This message has been edited by Dick the Boozer (edited 07-31-2001).]

Plowboy from WA
Member # 613

Yes, a lot of hearty cooking from the Ox, and some not so rich. Recipes include: Mushroom-stuffed chicken breasts, scrambled eggs with garlic (for Big John Studd), chili, beef & barley soup, Italian cream pie (for Rick Rude), hot tamale pie.

Wrestler tributes -- and plenty of them -- include Bobo Brazil, The Wild Duseks, Dick the Bruiser, Cowboy Bob Ellis, Joe LeDuc, Adrian Adonis and Owen Hart. Ox says that his eyebrow and moustache look was a suggestion of Jonathan Boyd's, and he says piont blank that Boyd made him. The book is very sweet -- he said he didn't want to say anything nasty to sell a few extra copies, and I really respect that.

sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone ever buy an Ox Baker cookboook??

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K. Fabian McClinch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So . . . what was the Bobo tribute recipe? Something involving coconuts or cocoa, I presume?

And in honor of the author, somewhere in there should be a "baked oxen" dish . . .

--------------------
"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Four shots ripped into my groin, and I was off on one of the strangest adventures of my life." (Max Shulman)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations