WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Don Diamond

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don Diamond
Kimble Winstead
Member # 1214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimble Winstead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone out there remember Don Diamond? He was a talented wrestler that was in the Mid South area in the early to mid 80's. He should have been in about his mid to late twenties back then. Like I said, he was a talented wrestler whom I thought would be on the scene for years to come. Then, all of a sudden, he disappeared. I saw him on several cards that Mid South put on in Greenwood, MS at the Civic Center. He was a popular babyface, especially with the ladies. I always thought he was a good wrestler and seems like he was pretty darn good on the stick. Anyone remember this guy? What ever happened to him? If he stayed in wrestling, where did he wrestle after leaving Mid South? I'm sure that Mississippi Fan can help me out on this one.
I look forward to a response from you guys.

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in Florida around the same time---I had forgotten him until I saw him again on some of our tapes. VERY good wrestler. Mr. Searchy may have your answers.

So long from the Sunshine State!

mrtango10
Member # 889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrtango10   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard he owns a deli in CA called Jew and Gentile Deli. Really.
Lucas
Member # 918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don did well for Ron Fuller's Southeastern promotion here in Tennessee, especially in Knoxville (the "home base" ofS.E.) in the spring of 1980. He teamed some with then popular the masked Matador (Jerry Stubbs), before Jerry turned heel. I have a little of him on tape from then. He WAS pretty good-didn't care for that "perm" hair do, though. Never cared for perms on guys, just a personal thing for me. NOT that that matters,though-Don was a good wrestler-too bad he disappeared!

[This message has been edited by Lucas (edited 09-19-2001).]

DUKE BLUE DEVILS 4 LIFE
Member # 1766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DUKE BLUE DEVILS 4 LIFE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone want to call them and find out?

Courtesy of www.switchboard.com

Jew & the Gentile Deli
6 Morning Sun Ct
Mountain View, CA 94043-1936
Phone: (650)965-0950

DUKE BLUE DEVILS 4 LIFE
Member # 1766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DUKE BLUE DEVILS 4 LIFE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBios/diamond_paul.html

Looks like it's Paul Diamond who owns the deli.

DUKE BLUE DEVILS 4 LIFE
Member # 1766

Not to turn this into a Paul Diamond thread, but here are two more links...
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/franke/sandwich.html
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1998/05/07/MN55072.DTL

[This message has been edited by DUKE BLUE DEVILS 4 LIFE (edited 09-19-2001).]

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DUKE BLUE DEVILS 4 LIFE:
Jew & the Gentile Deli

alljerseysports.com
Member # 1678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alljerseysports.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don Diamond got a Garden shot in either 79 or 80. Can't remember who he wrestled. Got a good push the LA's Olympic Auditorium under Gene LaBell's banner in that time period as well.
Verne Gagme
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Verne Gagme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may also want to see:
http://www.wrestlingretro.com

Photo page 5 I think.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations