WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » Jimmy Hart's New York Assassins in Ga.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jimmy Hart's New York Assassins in Ga.
Dixon Mallabee
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dixon Mallabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the days of Ole Anderson's spin-off group, Championship Wrestling from Georgia, Jimmy Hart managed a team called the New York Assassins. Who were these guys?
IP: Logged
superstar23
Member # 493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superstar23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is that they are the same Assassins Hart managed in Memphis. The A- Team.
MCalloway
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCalloway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure this wasn't the New York Dolls who I think were Ric McGraw & Troy Graham???
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Rick & Troy WERE also the A-Team (among their many incarnations)...

So long from the Sunshine State!

[This message has been edited by Crimson Mask I (edited 09-16-2000).]

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure who they were but I really enjoyed those shows that Ole put on - they were different
Remember the mgr named J.R. Hogg? He was funny on the mike. Whatever became of him?

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, his name may not have been J.R. Hogg, but possibly just J.R. - my memory is fading!
Zarr Zanyo
Member # 618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zarr Zanyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was "J.R." he was from Michigan. As J.R. he smoked a big cigar and wore a cowboy hat. I worked with him before and after he was with Ole's group. He worked mostly for Malcom Monroe out of Detroit as "The Bug." His break came at a bad time. He worked for Ole until the group changed hands again.

There was a wrestler from Lancaster, Ohio that went by the name J.R. Hogg. Last I heard of him (several years ago) he was working for Lars Anderson in Hawaii.

Tcountyredneck
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tcountyredneck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troy Graham...wasn't he the Dream Machine?
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup...also Randy Tyler, once upon a time, not to be confused with the other Randy Tyler, who was really Randy Rice...
Mark from WA
Member # 1548

I always thought J.R. on Ole's promotion was great on the mike. I can't remember who he was managing. I recall the New York Dolls, Rip Rogers with Brenda Britton, Ron Ritchie, Buzz Sawyer & others..some people didn't like it but I thought it was a fun show to watch & would love to get more tapes of it (I have a little, maybe 2-3 hrs worth). And T-Bolt was on there too tagging up with Ole.
tlyne
Member # 319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget him as Troy T. Tyler in Knoxville.
Rev. Axl Future
Member # 186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rev. Axl Future     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am totally lost now.
Who was from New York?
- RAF

Dave Millican
Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Millican   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Randy Tyler that was in Memphis was definitely not Troy" Dream Machine" Graham. Can't speak for him being called Randy Tyler anywhere else, but he was Troy T. Tyler in Knoxville as mentioned above. The A-Team was Don Bass & Roger "Dirty Rhodes" Smith. Bass & Smith were also the 84/85 set of the Interns & early '80's Memphis version Assassins. Graham & Rick McGraw were Jimmy Hart's New York Dolls. Can answer all of that, just not the original question of this thread.....LOL.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Millican (edited 09-17-2000).]

Tojo Boy
Member # 306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As said above, Troy Graham , the Dream machine in Memphis, was also known as Troy T. Tyler in Knoxville in early 1980.It's been said before that Troy was RT Tyler in 1980, in Florida, though others say RT was Randy Rice. That's a LONG debate that went on here before.I guess there will always be people supporting both sides.Not really important, is it??
Tojo Boy
Member # 306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, as said before. The randy Tyler who apeared in Memphis (1979) was Randy Rice (Ihave video of that), NOT Troy Graham. Tyler didn't stay long in Memphis, though he did well.Rice, still as Randy tyler, did better, and stayed longer in Memphis, when he was there in 1975, as a heel, teaming with Rocket Monroe.They were tag champs (Monroe & Tyler) in 1975 (U.S.tag champs) in Gulas's eastern side (Nashville, Chattanooga, Birmingham, Huntsville, etc.), a tough team.
Tojo Boy
Member # 306

BTW- Tha "84 Assassins inGa. were Roger Smith & Don Bass, who were also Hart's Assassins In 1983 in Memphis, Hart' s A-team in '83, manager Troy Gram's Interns in Memphis in the mid '80's, and bass & Smith were also Fire & Flame in Memphis in 1986.
Dixon Mallabee
Member # 862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dixon Mallabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there was actually a team called the NEW YORK ASSASSINS, right? I remember that one guy seemed to have a beard hanging out from under the hood (and no, it was NOT Jimmy valiant).

Also from that same time frame, a team appeared called the Wolf Gang. Anyone recall them? I never saw them on TBS but saw them on a card in Macon, Ga.

KrisZ
Member # 291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrisZ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tojo Boy:
Also, as said before. The randy Tyler who apeared in Memphis (1979) was Randy Rice (Ihave video of that), NOT Troy Graham. Tyler didn't stay long in Memphis, though he did well.Rice, still as Randy tyler, did better, and stayed longer in Memphis, when he was there in 1975, as a heel, teaming with Rocket Monroe.They were tag champs (Monroe & Tyler) in 1975 (U.S.tag champs) in Gulas's eastern side (Nashville, Chattanooga, Birmingham, Huntsville, etc.), a tough team.

Monroe & Tyler also were Mid-America Tag Team champs and they defeated the team of Jackie Fargo & George Gulas for the belts on 01/01/75, but they wrestled as the "Masked Godfathers".

Hey Tojo, what was the deal with that? Because that is a interesting name for a masked team.

Tojo Boy
Member # 306

Got me???? Where did you hear that Monroe & Tyler were the Godfathers? I never heard that one before!? Those two had a good "rep" with their regular wrestling names-why do the Godfathers? When & where was this? I don't recall that at all, but, I'm not 100% sure.??? I'm off to bed, so I'll check back tomorrow, if possible--got a busy day lined up tomorrow-won't be on much.
Tony Meyers
Member # 590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Meyers   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Millican:
The A-Team was Don Bass & Roger "Dirty Rhodes" Smith.
[This message has been edited by Dave Millican (edited 09-17-2000).]

Ok actually The A-Team was put together to lure in and use Mr. T in Memphis only problem was his star shined even more once the gimmick started and he wanted $50,000.00 for a one shot appearence and suffice to say Jarrett didn't want to commit financial suicide, as for the team itself, they were so many people it was hard to put a finger on one set for the most part it was Bass and Rhodes but several times, everyone from Frank Morrell to even Plowboy Frazier played the other member of the team...

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mystery continues?
wickedmountain
Member # 123793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wickedmountain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is cool got me wondering now who they were...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations