WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion '99-June '07 » OT: Anyone remember the TV series/book "V"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Anyone remember the TV series/book "V"?
MongolianStomperBBQ
Member # 1721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MongolianStomperBBQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lane Smith thread reminded me of this mini series from 20 years back...Smith starred in the series. Lizard-like aliens take human form and take over planet Earth and fought against human resistance fighters. Anyone else remember this show or were fans of it?

--------------------
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill

IP: Logged
polethebear
Member # 3232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polethebear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure do,

It was one of my favorites.I had a little bit of a thing for diana.She was sexy in a nancy sullivan/woman evil sorta way.

'zillajoe
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's out on DVD now. Wonder if it stands the test of time. Lotsa stuff I loved as a kid (Spiderman 1965 cartoon) was just awful.
Dank
Member # 2517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both the Original Miniseries and the Final Battle are out on DVD now. It stands the test of time, easily. They REALLY beat you over the head with the Nazi parallels though.
dboy1970
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dboy1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the DVDs --plot wise id say they would stand the test of time--however the special effects and acting were not the greatest. I believe Marc Singer was the star of the movies and tv series.
Eliminatorsfan from NC
Member # 1007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliminatorsfan from NC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by polethebear:
Sure do,

It was one of my favorites.I had a little bit of a thing for diana.She was sexy in a nancy sullivan/woman evil sorta way.

Diana was definitly a looker. Spot-on comparison with Nancy Sullivan.
chris30
Member # 5069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chris30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc Singer was really good in the miniseries and tv series. I enjoyed THE BEASTMASTER when it came out in 1982 so with him in the title role in "V" I made a point to check it out. I just finished watching the DVD's of the "V" tv series. If you were into the 1st 2 miniseries then you should enjoy it. Also there have been plans to do a remake of the original miniseries but I haven't heard about it for awhile so it may still be in the writing stages. Also, was it just me or was THE BEASTMASTER one of those movies that for some reason you always watched when flipping channels and happened to come across it(most probably on TBS)?

chris

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Ironside was the standout performer in "V", he pretty much established his anti-hero character and would go on to have key roles in top gun, total recall, starship troopers. I can't remember Marc singer being in anything after the mid 80s.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations