WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » WON Information Forum » Easiest way to read the Observer - Amazon Kindle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Easiest way to read the Observer - Amazon Kindle
awafan
Member # 63901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awafan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been a subscriber for almost 30 years and thought I would share what I think is the easiest way to read the Observer, which is on an Amazon Kindle.

First copy the issue from the Observer website and paste it into a new document. You don't have to worry about formatting it at all. With a Kindle you get an email address that is just for that Kindle. Email the document to your Kindle email address in just about any format you can think of (Word, PDF, text, etc.). In the subject line of the email put the word "convert".

After sending the email the issue will arrive on the Kindle ready to read in just a few seconds. The entire process only takes a couple of minutes. I have been reading the Observer this way since last summer and have saved a small fortune on ink and paper by not printing the issues.

[ 02-07-2019, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: awafan ]

IP: Logged
BERT from NJ
Member # 4090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BERT from NJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will that work if you use the kindle app on an ipad?

Regardless, my routine for reading the Observer for the past quarter century is to read it while on the treadmill or elliptical machine at the gym. That usually takes me 2 hours 10 minutes for 24 pages, and about 1:40 for 18. Tablets (at least for me) are unwieldy for me at the gym, and phone is too small. I like the paper in my hands, even if I mix up the pages on occasion. Plus I can give my brother my old ones when he comes to visit.

--------------------
"Kneel before Zod"
General Zod

"You're a little out of order yourself-You insulted him a little bit, you insulted him A LITTLE BIT"
Jimmy the Gent Conway

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations