WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Thunderbolt Patterson

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunderbolt Patterson
hardhits79
Member # 129239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardhits79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long did he stick around after the split with Ole? I know he and Manny Fernandez lost to the Minnesota Wrecking Crew for the held up National tag team titles but I've seen singles results for him as late as July 85? Did he receive any kind of singles push or how long did he tag with Manny?
IP: Logged
the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last result on historyofwwe.com

JCP @ Albany, GA - Civic Center - August 16, 1985
Pez Whatley vs. Mike Davis
Bob Roop vs. the Italian Stallion
Thunderbolt Patterson vs. Tommy Lane
Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey defeated Buzz & Brett Sawyer
Terry Taylor vs. NWA National Heavyweight Champion Black Bart
Dick Slater vs. Kevin Sullivan (Lights out match)

last rsult on there wityh Manny

JCP @ Lansing, MI - May 28, 1985
The Italian Stallion defeated John Tatum
Pez Whatley fought Bob Roop to a draw
Buzz Sawyer defeated Krusher Kruschev
Ron Garvin defeated Black Bart via disqualification
National Tag Team Champions Ole & Arn Anderson defeated Thunderbolt Patterson & Manny Fernandez

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to recall him wrestling for the IWA.
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wonder who the face in the main event of show one

--------------------
free

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Thunderbolt still alive? I don't recall seeing or hearing about him at any of the conventions etc.
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoneyDragon:

Slater.
p-man from MD
Member # 937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for p-man from MD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:

Slater.
That reminds me of how I thought it was strange when both Dick Slater and the Brisco brothers were faces at an Omni card while they were hated in Mid-Atlantic. It's not as if there weren't thousands of fans in the Carolinas who saw Georgia every week on cable.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like most of the people who were assimilated into JCP via the CWG merger, I think he was phased out by the time Crockett and Dusty decided to stop running a split crew by September.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:
Is Thunderbolt still alive? I don't recall seeing or hearing about him at any of the conventions etc.

yes, he is alive and well.. dont know where he is living..

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan P-170:
Like most of the people who were assimilated into JCP via the CWG merger, I think he was phased out by the time Crockett and Dusty decided to stop running a split crew by September.

Yeah, he had moved on to Mid South in September where he took over as booker.
cdr0106
Member # 129243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdr0106     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He lives in Georgia and returned to his hometown of Waterloo, IA last month to receive the Lou Thesz Award at George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame annual event.
The Waterloo NBC affiliate did a feature on him just a week ago.

https://kwwl.com/news/2019/08/07/the-battles-of-thunderbolt-patterson/

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by p-man from MD:
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:

Slater.
That reminds me of how I thought it was strange when both Dick Slater and the Brisco brothers were faces at an Omni card while they were hated in Mid-Atlantic. It's not as if there weren't thousands of fans in the Carolinas who saw Georgia every week on cable.
Flair did it the other way round for a while

didn't become a heel in Mid-Atlantic until the Dusty leg break angle in 1985

[ 08-15-2019, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations