WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Official FIFA World Cup 2018 Thread. (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Official FIFA World Cup 2018 Thread.
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brazil are on the brink of elimination which would leave only European teams left in the tournament.
IP: Logged
Back pops
Member # 117351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Back pops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
France Belgium. Very interesting. Sorry to see Uruguay out but not Brazil. Hopefully Neymar will learn to play without the ********. Funnily enough the times he is tackled hard he goes down and gets up like a normal person.
Pulling for Croatia and Sweden today.

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
England beat Sweden to reach their first world cup semi final since 1990

stipe
Member # 115491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stipe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Croatia kicked @$$

Waiting for Stipe Miočić to tweet ... 😜👍

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stipe:
Croatia kicked @$$

Waiting for Stipe Miočić to tweet ... 😜👍

That match was booked really well!

[ 07-07-2018, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Dirko ]

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

stipe
Member # 115491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stipe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So long from a poor country, where soccer is a way to make money ... 😱

--------------------
Bad english warning !

stipe
Member # 115491

13th beer is for my buddy Dirko ⚽️🥃

--------------------
Bad english warning !

stipe
Member # 115491

... cause we are drinking Andre + Rhodes/Murdoch here ...

Waiting for Stipe fight !

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Indikator
Member # 4922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indikator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone needs to make a RVD style music video with his Pantera theme and Domagoj Vida

--------------------
Newsreels or it didn't happen

Back pops
Member # 117351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Back pops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing atmosphere in England. Can feel the tension.
Good luck to Stipe, Bear, Kargol etc. Should be good.

stipe
Member # 115491

CROATIA in the FINALE !

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one!

--------------------
(Voltaire)

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Well done Croatia, they played better than us from half time onwards. I have Croatia in a sweepstake at work so I will definitely be cheering them on in the final.
Back pops
Member # 117351

Well done. Nice game. You must be stoked. Pulling for you Sunday.
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Came down to fitness. And that might be down to experience. Modric has won more in his career than the entire England 23. Might be a different matter in four years' time.

Then again, knowing the way FIFA and the draws work, England might be in a group with Italy and Germany...

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Zealot
Member # 128910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zealot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh England ... you're so England.
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

England can now prepare for Euro 2020, where the final will be at Wembley. As close to a home tournament as we are going to get for the forseeable future I think.
Dirko
Member # 125609

Two of the Croats used to play for my home team!

[ 07-11-2018, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Dirko ]

--------------------
(Voltaire)

stipe
Member # 115491

quote:
Originally posted by Dirko:

I am not sure if you mean "ever" or "in history" or "any given Croats", but if I would have to guess - since they both scored last night:

-my guess would be: Mandžukić & Perišić for Wolfsburg ?

--------------------
Bad english warning !

stipe
Member # 115491

Also, Horow… I mean Croatia wins ! Croatia wins ! Croatia wins !

--------------------
Bad english warning !

stipe
Member # 115491

Also, Horow… I mean Croatia wins ! Croatia wins ! Croatia wins !

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Back pops
Member # 117351

Hey Stipe! How's the head mate?
Dirko
Member # 125609

quote:
Originally posted by stipe:
quote:
Originally posted by Dirko:

I am not sure if you mean "ever" or "in history" or "any given Croats", but if I would have to guess - since they both scored last night:

-my guess would be: Mandžukić & Perišić for Wolfsburg ?

Da. Vrlo dobri igrači !

--------------------
(Voltaire)

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still think Croatia is going to win this. France have in certain areas far more quality, but this World Cup has shown that does not necessarily mean anything.
stipe
Member # 115491

quote:
Originally posted by Back pops:
Hey Stipe! How's the head mate?

Well, I had a tomato soup for breakfast - so it’s more less fine now ... 😱

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Magnum GA
Member # 1286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnum GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work from home when not traveling (so have been able to have games on as "background noise") and by pure luck, have been able to see most of the quarter and semi finals. It's definitely been a fun tournament to watch.
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's half-time in the final, and France's best player, by a long distance, is the referee.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

France are the champions of the world.
stipe
Member # 115491

Well, OK ...

--------------------
Bad english warning !

Pier 6er from NY
Member # 916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pier 6er from NY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm barely a casual soccer fan, but the better team clearly won this 2018 FIFA World Cup. While Croatia deserves a lot of credit for making it to the championship game, the fact is that they were the furthest thing from being a dominant team during the knockout stage. All three of their previous games ended in extra time (beating Denmark & Russia on penalty kicks and then beating England very late in extra time in the semifinal).

France was able to beat Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium all within regulation time during the knockout stage. While Belgium technically finished in 3rd place, I honestly believe that they were the 2nd best team throughout this World Cup (having beaten Brazil in the quarterfinals and then losing to France by only one goal in the semifinal).

--------------------
MMA is the new pro wrestling (and has been for quite awhile).

"A woman's place is where I put 'em"
- The Latin Heartthrob, Al Perez in World Class Championship Wrestling (approx. 6:10 mark):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXOg4eKN79E

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best team in the tournament won, and won with a bit of ease. Indeed they won that well, they could use Spurs' keeper!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations