WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » If God told you to shoot somebody (DON'T DO IT!) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If God told you to shoot somebody (DON'T DO IT!)
bAzTNM
Member # 8494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bAzTNM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that this will ever happen, but if you had to shoot somebody (because you're crackers) to get the world talking like John Lennon or something. Who would it be? Is anybody that famous anymore? I'm not planning anything, neither do I have any guns. I'm in a gun free country.

[ 06-10-2018, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: bAzTNM ]

--------------------
From Scotland!

My website with random stuff

IP: Logged
dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, if your meaning is would I ever have a reason to kill someone or something I would say yes. I would never kill anyone to save my own life. But if someone was in danger I would have to.

--------------------
I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then

awafan
Member # 63901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awafan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably someone who asks ridiculous rhetorical questions. [Smile]
bAzTNM
Member # 8494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bAzTNM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, I'm meaning a celebrity or something.

--------------------
From Scotland!

MrWrestlingIIForever
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrWrestlingIIForever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bAzTNM:
Not that this will ever happen, but if you had to shoot somebody (because you're crackers) to get the world talking like John Lennon or something. Who would it be? Is anybody that famous anymore? I'm not planning anything, neither do I have any guns. I'm in a gun free country.

Nice try, FBI!
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it wouldn't be to get the world talking. It WOULD get the world talking, but that wouldn't be why I'd do it.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

SWW72 from FL
Member # 1536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWW72 from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The absence of a name makes it kind of clear who you are talking about.

Smart not to put it writing.

Unless, of course, you mean Wally.

--------------------
SWW72

The Golden Spike
Member # 5502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Golden Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wouldn't shoot anyone, bAz — you don't have the stones.
Back pops
Member # 117351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Back pops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outside politics, maybe Kanye or Beyonce. Since Michael Jackson and Muhammad Ali died hasn't really been a global superstar.
gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by awafan:
Probably someone who asks ridiculous rhetorical questions. [Smile]

PLEASE shoot them mutiple times [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If God told me to shoot someone?

God can do his own dirty work.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

"One day I was walking and found this big log. Then I rolled the big log over and underneath was a tiny, little stick, and I was like, that log had a child!" - Yoda

Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those idiots who go "whooooo" at MMA events.
GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I ever believe any supernatural entity is telling me to commit a felony, I'll seek mental health treatment.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Course if you did believe it, you'd already be too nuts to realize you were nuts.

--------------------

sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pacifist here. Yeah, no. I don’t get the killing deal. That being said, I think we should have more money for mental health.

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

bAzTNM
Member # 8494

quote:
Originally posted by Back pops:
Outside politics, maybe Kanye or Beyonce. Since Michael Jackson and Muhammad Ali died hasn't really been a global superstar.

Would shooting a politician really be like when Lennon was shot? I'd agree with you about Muhammed Ali. He'd prob be the best non-politician going.

--------------------
From Scotland!

Back pops
Member # 117351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Back pops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Trump really. That'd be more like Thatcher than Lennon though, weeping some places parties in others. Outside the States curiosity. The nearest to a Lennon these days would be if someone took out Messi.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Uh, no. I had to look up who Messi is.

--------------------

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two obvious answers

Trump and the Pope

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Uh, no. I had to look up who Messi is.

he's the top earning active sports star in the world

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

May very well be but he's not a universal household name. People who don't follow soccer don't know who he is. Everybody knew who John Lennon was.

--------------------

The Duke of Bridgewater
Member # 24645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Duke of Bridgewater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If God told me to shoot somebody, wouldn't he tell me whom I should shoot?

--------------------
Buy Shimmer, it will keep you straight!

Back pops
Member # 117351

Outside North America and countries like Australia Messi would be widely known in South America, Asia, Europe, Africa Oceania and everywhere in between. He's not polarizing like C Ronaldo or Beckham who have similar levels of worldwide fame. He's the answer. If Lennon had been shot twenty years later after the wife beating junkie thing had come out it would have had a different reaction.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

'outside North America' kinda DQs the whole deal.

--------------------

Back pops
Member # 117351

Yeah but worldwide leaves you with trump and the pope. Maybe the Rock after Jumanji? Different world from 1980s. Since Lennon been Michael Jackson Prince and Ali who've died with that level of fame. Maybe Princess Diana. Although no idea what that was like outside the UK.
gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God told Abraham to kill him a son out on highway 61

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Yeah but worldwide leaves you with trump and the pope. Maybe the Rock after Jumanji? Different world from 1980s. Since Lennon been Michael Jackson Prince and Ali who've died with that level of fame. Maybe Princess Diana. Although no idea what that was like outside the UK.

Di was over big time. For some reason there's still that same fascination here with the royals. Soccer, not so much.

--------------------

Ravens Flock of Seagulls
Member # 128828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravens Flock of Seagulls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kardashians.
GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ravens Flock of Seagulls:
Kardashians.

I'm pretty sure you could fillet them on the White House lawn and not come close to the impact Lennon's murder had.
Skullbutt
Member # 21433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skullbutt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Outside North America and countries like Australia Messi would be widely known in South America, Asia, Europe, Africa Oceania and everywhere in between. He's not polarizing like C Ronaldo or Beckham who have similar levels of worldwide fame. He's the answer. If Lennon had been shot twenty years later after the wife beating junkie thing had come out it would have had a different reaction.

I also wonder how well known he is in China, India, and Japan as well as much of Africa.
PVM
Member # 121669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PVM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Messi, worldwide, is better known than any US athlete BY FAR. Extremely well known on every continent. Pretty much the only people who DON'T know who he is are American non-soccer fans. Probably the only Americans who are better known than Messi worldwide at this point in time are Trump and Obama.
the bear
Member # 1565

quote:
Originally posted by GreyGhost from MS:
quote:
Originally posted by Ravens Flock of Seagulls:
Kardashians.

I'm pretty sure you could fillet them on the White House lawn and not come close to the impact Lennon's murder had.
no but you'd make a lot more people happy!

--------------------

the bear
Member # 1565

quote:
Originally posted by Skullbutt:
quote:

I also wonder how well known he is in China, India, and Japan as well as much of Africa.
Messi is a god in China (there is a Lionel Messi theme park being built) and India which are two countries which LOVE football as does most of Africa

[ 06-13-2018, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------

the bear
Member # 1565

quote:

don't forget supporting terrorists

--------------------

Back pops
Member # 117351

That was the weird thing back in the day. All this was known. I remember when the Goldman biography was announced and people were incensed. Prominent Scousers were decrying it before it was out. The reason was they didn't want people to read about the smack head years or domestic abuse or funding the IRA. Thought it was no one's business and would tarnish his image and legacy.
These days Beckham gets his end away and your granny knows the next morning.

Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George Carlin with lots of ideas

https://youtu.be/tVlkxrNlp10

Shattered
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shattered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I was in a room with THREE other guys:

1 - Adolph Hitler,
2 - Joseph Stalin, and
3 - the reverend Al Sharpton.

God gave me an AR-15 rifle ~~~ with only TWO bullets in it.
What did I do? -- (What would YOU do?)
⬇️
⬇️
⬇️
⬇️

Shoot Al Sharpton ---- TWICE

--------------------
Mookie Wilson would've been safe anyway!

The Duke of Bridgewater
Member # 24645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Duke of Bridgewater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When God told Abraham to sacrifice his son, and Abraham was willing to do it, did he pass the test?

Or did he fail, as God wanted to see the human to man up, to defend his own flesh and blood?

--------------------
Buy Shimmer, it will keep you straight!

Shattered
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shattered     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Abraham did the right thing because -- God comes first.
Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind. ~~~ or something like that.
Family would come second.

--------------------
Mookie Wilson would've been safe anyway!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Either way that makes God a manipulative egomaniac. This is why I have a problem with EVERYBODY'S dogma.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations