WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » CM Punk News (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CM Punk News
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's funny is...this is gonna create even more legal fees.

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

IP: Logged
Robot Monster
Member # 41971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robot Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:

This just led me to imagine VKM funding Colt now
Gil Wilcox
Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gil Wilcox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Exactly. Plus this could continue on longer than the original suit for which the legal fees were for.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone suggested it's a work yet? Punk showing up at "All In" to attack/pipe bomb his BFF for suing him would be epic.

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CokeMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Liz Hunter's Boyfriend:
Will WWE/Amann be picking up Punk's legal tab?

Illinois law does not allow that.
That's moronic. How is that in any way just?

Also, given that Cabana could have raised in defence that Punk went off-script, how could the same lawyer represent both?

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Has anyone suggested it's a work yet? Punk showing up at "All In" to attack/pipe bomb his BFF for suing him would be epic.

Occurred to me.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like either of them. Matt Riddle could beat both of them.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Gil Wilcox
Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gil Wilcox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a free WOR podcast covering many WC posts including this one.
I forgot that they sued each other involving a car wreck insurance issue but remained friends.

https://media001.f4wonline.com/free/081018wo.mp3

1:58 - 21:44: ROH/NJPW sells out, ROH contract futures
21:44 - 27:49: Colt Cabana/CM Punk lawsuit
27:49 - 57:18: G1
57:18 - 58:49: NXT injuries
58:49 - 1:03:14: Mae Young Classic notes
1:03:14 - 1:07:42: UFC 227 buyrate
1:07:42 - end: the story of the Impact and Spike TV split

Commish from California
Member # 128796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Commish from California     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gil Wilcox:

I forgot that they sued each other involving a car wreck insurance issue but remained friends.

Wasn’t Dave just referring to another story from his own life? I didn’t get the feeling he was saying Punk and Cabana has sued each other before.

[ 08-11-2018, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: Commish from California ]

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claymation Quartermain:
I don't like either of them. Matt Riddle could beat both of them.

Matt Riddle could probably beat anybody but Brock.

--------------------

Gil Wilcox
Member # 1192

quote:
Originally posted by Commish from California:
quote:
Originally posted by Gil Wilcox:

Wasn’t Dave just referring to another story from his own life? I didn’t get the feeling he was saying Punk and Cabana has sued each other before.
Thanks Commish. I'll need to listen again; I was multi-tasking.
Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Cabana's podcast right?

It wasn't broadcast live, so is he alleging Punk forced him to run the episode?

The Duke of Bridgewater
Member # 24645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Duke of Bridgewater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is a talkshow host legally responsible for what a guest says?

Wouldn't that make any journalist who holds a microphone in somebody's face the target of lawyers, if that person lies?

--------------------
Buy Shimmer, it will keep you straight!

Gil Wilcox
Member # 1192

Hi Duke,

I don't think that Colt gave the disclaimer that CM describes below, but I don't have the patience to listen to the whole thing. Colt goes through the first 8-9 minutes of his shows plugging himself, lol. I wouldn't have thought that a disclaimer mattered, but I don't know anything about that sort of thing.

Regardless, I don't think that would prevent whoever was behind the lawsuit to file one anyway, just for the mere sake of harassing Punk which could have been part of the motive behind it as Rudeboy posted. The end result worked in a way because of the most recent problems. VKM and/or someone in Sports Entertainment really must have been ticked off big time to worry about something so small.

quote:
Originally posted by Joel:
For a guy with no understanding of the American legal system, why is Colt Cabana being sued as well? I don't remember him saying anything derogatory about the doctor in the interview.
Is it because he provided the platform for Punk to say that the doctor was negligent?

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Probably. That's why you see a disclaimer like 'the opinions expressed in these posts/article/blog/etc. do not necessarily reflect the views of this newspaper/station/website (including this one btw) etc.' (and I suspect you have similar civil law in Oz).

quote:
Originally posted by Rudeboy13668:
quote:
Originally posted by Tatsuya:
I'm reading the extremely detailed account of this in the Observer and all I can think is "all this over a bump on his ass".

WWE messing with Punk. The Doctor suffered no damages yet was suing anyway. Presumably his suit was being funded by WWE. I'm surprised the judge didn't throw out the suit before it went to trial.

[ 08-12-2018, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Gil Wilcox ]

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke of Bridgewater:

Wouldn't that make any journalist who holds a microphone in somebody's face the target of lawyers, if that person lies?

It appears that Cabana does bear some legal responsibility, given that the law allowed for him to be sued.

Cabana could have canned the episode with Punk, or edited things out. He had options. He chose to run the podcast. For him to now ask the court to make Punk responsible for his legal bill doesn't seem right.

Any further word on WWE PervDoc Amman facing any kind of repercussions for having sex with a patient?

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

quote:
Originally posted by The Duke of Bridgewater:

It appears that Cabana does bear some legal responsibility, given that the law allowed for him to be sued.

Cabana could have canned the episode with Punk, or edited things out. He had options. He chose to run the podcast. For him to now ask the court to make Punk responsible for his legal bill doesn't seem right.

Any further word on WWE PervDoc Amman facing any kind of repercussions for having sex with a patient?

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Like I said, there's gotta be a reason lawyers tell us we gotta run these disclaimers. Liability hinges on details like that.

--------------------

Curt Injurker
Member # 6203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Injurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the jurisdiction of where it was recorded, disseminated, etc could effect whether it’s a legal issue at publication, it becomes something that warrents adjudication when Amman present the Cease and Desist, and Colt leaves it up/disseminates it subsequent to receipt of the C&D.
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

At the end of the day, anybody can sue anybody for any reason, and right or wrong, you can f*uck with someone and cost them a lot of money whether you win or lose. And even if you win, you still gotta collect within an allotted time under statutes of limitations. It's f*uckery but you've gotta be in it for the love of the game.

[ 08-12-2018, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------

Gil Wilcox
Member # 1192

quote:
At the end of the day, anybody can sue anybody for any reason, and right or wrong, you can f*uck with someone and cost them a lot of money whether you win or lose. And even if you win, you still gotta collect within an allotted time under statutes of limitations. It's f*uckery but you've gotta be in it for the love of the game.

Exactly. Forget about the legal liability, etc.
The financial backer(s) of this lawsuit set out to cause harm regardless of the outcome. Even though Punk and Colt were cleared, the result is this most recent news which is pretty serious.

Curt Injurker
Member # 6203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Injurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For further irony, the reason some states (like Illinois) don’t allow for legal costs to be recouped when a defendant receives a favorable ruling is to protect against monied entities from having disparate legal system advantages - as they don’t want the “average” citizen to fear the cost of pursuing legal recourse against a rich person/entity.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations