WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Life Outside The Big Time: Volume One

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life Outside The Big Time: Volume One
TheBob
Member # 123058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life Outside The Big Time: Volume One

A new series to the blog where I look at wrestlers competing in matches on the independents either before, during or after their time competing for the “Big Time”. The first installment focuses on a match between Abyss and Brodie Lee (WWE’s Luke Harper). The match took place on October 29th, 2005.

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2018/05/17/life-outside-the-big-time-volume-one/

IP: Logged
Tanked
Member # 128938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work!

--------------------
Tanked

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Bob. Now's here's your chance to interact with the board instead of just pushing your articles...

Brodie Lee/ Luke Harper in WWE: Grotesquely mis-used, or has he found his ceiling as a tag monster? Your thoughts.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

TheBob
Member # 123058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OSJ from NM by way of WA:
Nice work Bob. Now's here's your chance to interact with the board instead of just pushing your articles...

Brodie Lee/ Luke Harper in WWE: Grotesquely mis-used, or has he found his ceiling as a tag monster? Your thoughts.

Grossly misused in the WWE. I believe it was last year when he was involved briefly in the main event scene. People bought into it and was refreshing. I don't think many people are aware of just how good Luke Harper is.
rtbuck
Member # 128969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought Harper has been misused in WWF. Nothing really wrong with being a tag team champ but I always felt he should’ve got a decent singles push when the Wyatt clan split. He should have been crushing/destroying opponents not losing clean...the Blugeons are great but I would have rather has seen a Monster singles push...I read he got the Brodie Lee name because he was a big fan of of the Brodie character in Mall Rats played by Jason Lee
OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheBob:
quote:

Grossly misused in the WWE. I believe it was last year when he was involved briefly in the main event scene. People bought into it and was refreshing. I don't think many people are aware of just how good Luke Harper is.
I'm with you 100%, the guy is a fantastic wrestler, moves like a man 100 lbs. lighter, and he can be quite convincing on the mic. Monster heel actually stifles a lot of what he can do. If there was anyone in WWE that screamed for a total character makeover, it's him, he could be a huge singles star with the right gimmick.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

TheBob
Member # 123058

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm with you 100%, the guy is a fantastic wrestler, moves like a man 100 lbs. lighter, and he can be quite convincing on the mic. Monster heel actually stifles a lot of what he can do. If there was anyone in WWE that screamed for a total character makeover, it's him, he could be a huge singles star with the right gimmick.
I first saw Luke Harper wrestle for 2CW in Syracuse in the summer of 2008. I remember seeing him do a running head scissors and I was in complete awe. Everyone lost their minds. He became the top guy for 2CW prior to signing with WWE.

I really think that he'd get over big time if WWE allowed him to work that similar style.

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

quote:
Originally posted by TheBob: [/qb]
I first saw Luke Harper wrestle for 2CW in Syracuse in the summer of 2008. I remember seeing him do a running head scissors and I was in complete awe. Everyone lost their minds. He became the top guy for 2CW prior to signing with WWE.

I really think that he'd get over big time if WWE allowed him to work that similar style. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I don't know the man, so maybe he's one of those guys that's just happy he's getting a big paycheck these days and he's not worried about grabbing one of VKM's phantom brass rings. I don't know, it's obvious that they toned down his style tremendously and he still hovers on that borderline of being watchable and very over. Perhaps I should explain it this way, he's at that spot where no one takes a bathroom break during a Luke Harper match, but no one buys a ticket to see him, either. Loads of wasted upside here.

--------------------
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

quote:
quote:

I really think that he'd get over big time if WWE allowed him to work that similar style. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I don't know the man, so maybe he's one of those guys that's just happy he's getting a big paycheck these days and he's not worried about grabbing one of VKM's phantom brass rings. I don't know, it's obvious that they toned down his style tremendously and he still hovers on that borderline of being watchable and very over. Perhaps I should explain it this way, he's at that spot where no one takes a bathroom break during a Luke Harper match, but no one buys a ticket to see him, either. Loads of wasted upside here. [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations