WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » WALKING DEAD: Negan quotes Ric Flair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WALKING DEAD: Negan quotes Ric Flair
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before killing one of his own men, he gives the guy one last chance to beat him in a battle to the death, saying, and I quote..."To be the man, you gotta beat the man."

The review in Variety even got the reference and credited Ric Flair...

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-recap-season-8-episode-15-1202745815/

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught that last week and totally marked out. If he would have only given a woooo.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

UCW SLAM
Member # 2353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UCW SLAM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The writer of the comic or television show (Can't remember the details) said on one of the after shows that he grew up a huge wrestling fan and there are several pieces inspired by professional wrestling. Negan's barbed wire baseball bat, which was also, set on fire this season, is another example. It had to be the comic writer I think since the bat appears in those as well.

Walking Dead to me is an example of why wrestling in general will never sit on top again. Yes, wrestling has to produce 52 weeks a year compared to 16 episodes, but those 16 are so well written with drama and carryover and respect to the past. You also can't take wrestlers seriously with their rhetoric when you have Negan saying "No, I do. I do like to kill people." That's a sinister heel you want to get his comeuppance. Television has changed so much and wrestling really can't keep up, or at least chooses not to.

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert Kirkman's the creator, and I've said for years that Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are the best wrestling shows on television.

They know how to deliver that big goosebump moment that wrestling used to be the King of. Vince honestly thinks his audience wants a show that plays at the level of Saved By the Bell. In 2018.

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

P.S. Kirkman's first ever comic book project was a wrestling comic called "Between the Ropes" (which was rejected by publishers far and wide).

--------------------

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeffery Dean Morgan is apparently at least a casual wrestling fan. Saw him do press with The Rock and he made a few wrestling mentions that implied he was a fan.

Never seen even a minute of the Walking Dean. Is it any good?

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At it’s best - as good as anything on tv

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:

Never seen even a minute of the Walking Dean. Is it any good?

In some ways as good as the Skipping Eddy and the Jogging Benoit.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations