WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » The British Invasion -- It's Peter And Jeremy?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The British Invasion -- It's Peter And Jeremy?!
unclefester
Member # 17559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unclefester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both pleased & pleasantly surprised to learn recently that Peter Asher and Jeremy Clyde have teamed up & are touring Canada and the U.S.

Back in the day Peter and Gordon scored a number of top forty hits. Likewise another British based duo known as Chad and Jeremy. As bad luck would have it Peter's musical partner Gordon Waller passed away several years ago while Jeremy's longtime musical partner Chad Stuart decided to retire from show business.

So Peter Asher and Jeremy Clyde looked at each other & said "why not?" and hit the road. As they say -- "twice the stories and double the hits" Billed as Peter and Jeremy!

Never thought I'd see the day but a neat turn of events

[ 03-14-2018, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: unclefester ]

--------------------
Two out of three falls with a 60 minute time limit...

IP: Logged
Gil Wilcox
Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gil Wilcox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw both when they were with their respective partners over the years at The Fest For Beatles Fans in Rosemont, IL and they were fun to listen to.

Most recently I saw Peter Asher tour with a band and Albert Lee who is an outstanding guitarist and appeared at CROSSROADS in Bridgeview, IL and CONCERT FOR GEORGE among many other places.

For those with SIRIUS radio, Peter is a big contributor to the Beatles Channel too as you might know.

unclefester
Member # 17559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unclefester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the mid 60's image of Peter Asher it's been said more than once was the inspiration for the Mike Myers's character Austin Powers.

They do look alike!

--------------------
Two out of three falls with a 60 minute time limit...

Skullbutt
Member # 21433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skullbutt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that Chad and Jeremy were on a Dick Van Dyke episode. (could have been Peter and Gordon)
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peter & Gordon's biggest hit came with a Beatles cover. Peter's sister was McCartney's girlfriend at the time. Talk about who you know.

These days Jane Asher is more famous than Peter as she's had an acting career that's lasted since the sixties.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an aside, Chad & Jeremy are even more unknown in the UK; they only had one chart hit, and even that only got to no. 37. One of a few British acts who were much bigger in the US than the UK.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skullbutt:
I believe that Chad and Jeremy were on a Dick Van Dyke episode. (could have been Peter and Gordon)

Chad and Jeremy......The Redcoats Are Coming

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations