WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » How to handle Ronda Rousey in WWE (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: How to handle Ronda Rousey in WWE
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means with no match experience.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

IP: Logged
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh. MMA is pro wrestling (just with non-worked outcomes). Aside from the "fake" aspect, everything about Ronda is pro wrestling. She's not coming from an "outside business," just another room in the same house.

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
This post isn't about wrestling. It is intended only to mock and criticize Richard Wallner.

Antithesis
Member # 37543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antithesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don't understand all the effort the ladies have put in to being seen as legit (in a pro wrestling context) all the strides they have made to improve in ring, promos etc, and not see that the final piece of the puzzle is being able to draw not just on the same level as the guys but draw even more.

Rousey (if handled right) could be the final piece of that puzzle. I get paying dues but at the end of the day the people who decide how much time matches are given or focused on, or how much a division is pushed, is based on butts in seats.

--------------------
Now posting at your level.

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEN from MS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there are no comparable examples.

Unless you go in the opposite direction and compare her to CM Punk. How was that perceived by hardcore MMA fans or fighters grinding to get a spot on a UFC card?

Which goes back to the question of why any of the other talent would possibly have a problem with that.

Also, not saying Rousey won't be a huge success or good in the ring, but going into another room in the same house is a flawed analogy for Punk. That dude stepped across the center divider into oncoming traffic.

With regard to going into rasslin, there are examples of exceptional athletes with minimal training either being surprisingly good or an in-ring train wreck. So that can be hit or miss.

And that series of Angle videos demonstrated him "paying his dues" and coming up in rasslin. Yeah, it happened quickly for him because he was an exceptional talent. But that first video is not him debuting at Mania.

--------------------
"Yip!" -- Jumpin' Jeff Farmer

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Antithesis:
I just don't understand all the effort the ladies have put in to being seen as legit (in a pro wrestling context) all the strides they have made to improve in ring, promos etc, and not see that the final piece of the puzzle is being able to draw not just on the same level as the guys but draw even more.

Rousey (if handled right) could be the final piece of that puzzle. I get paying dues but at the end of the day the people who decide how much time matches are given or focused on, or how much a division is pushed, is based on butts in seats.

Because Ronda is probsbly getting ten times the money they get and will cut into their tv time

Its why Ronda should go straight into the womens division and wrestle the best woman, Asuka, at 'Mania If you put her into a celeb tag match with Rock against HHH and Steph, it buries the women she gets a main event and they dont that is what causes resentment save any tag team spectacles for next year Rondas job has to be to put the womens division over

[ 02-03-2018, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather see Asuka against Charlotte or Alexis in a title match. Wasn't that the purpose of Asuka winning the Royal Rumble?
The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they have signed Ronda for big money, because of her UFC run, like Brock who was suddenly valuable after his UFC run, the Dana White should say at his next news conference:

quote:
The WWE can't make stars anymore, the UFC makes stars. So now they take our stars when we're done with them. Because they can't get their own guys over
because its true

--------------------
n/a

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by HEN from MS:

Otis Sistrunk?

--------------------

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEN from MS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:

Otis Sistrunk?
Noted.  -

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:
If they have signed Ronda for big money, because of her UFC run, like Brock who was suddenly valuable after his UFC run, the Dana White should say at his next news conference:

quote:
The WWE can't make stars anymore, the UFC makes stars. So now they take our stars when we're done with them. Because they can't get their own guys over
because its true
That would be monumentally stupid. WWE is repped by William Morris Endeavor/IMG (top dog Ari Emanuel specifically), which more or less runs UFC now for the investment group they put together to buy it. If, as you yourself keep pointing out, Vince's end game is to sell the company, Ari would be the one to put such a billion dollar deal together.

Dana has said that he tried to have a friendly working relationship with Vince for years but that Vince was too crazy and paranoid. Then suddenly, WME/IMG came into the picture and got them on the same page. Vince and Dana worked together on Brock being in both companies at the same time and I'm guessing at some point, UFC will allow WWE to use footage of Ronda to get her over.

UFC slamming WWE would be slamming themselves basically. WWE is a client of UFC's parent entity. Why would they try to devalue a property they have hopes of one day putting on the market for billions of dollars?

[ 02-04-2018, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Also, don't forget Vince actually sued William Morris nearly two decades ago because they tried to take a cut of a TV deal they had no hand in negotiating. Why would they poke Vince with a stick?

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Not only that, there has been other cross-pollination between WME/IMG, UFC, and WWE:

quote:
ADDING VALUE: One of WME-IMG's "ripe possibilities came with UFC, which owns Fight Pass, the Netflix of MMA fighting." When the company acquired UFC, the $9.99-a-month network had "just 450,000 subscribers." WWE, by contrast, "has almost 2 million" subscribers for its OTT network. But WME-IMG "represents the WWE, and it has tapped its content-strategy team to improve Fight Pass’s programming." By expanding Fight Pass, they "add direct value." If the streaming service "accrues as many subscribers" as WWE Network, that would result in $240M in annual revenue. An expanded Fight Pass "also gives WME-IMG more leverage with broadcasters when it renegotiates UFC’s TV rights." UFC’s U.S. TV deal currently averages $115M "annually from Fox Sports." UFC has "reportedly told investors that it could quadruple when the next contract begins" in '19
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2016/11/17/Labor-and-Agents/WME-IMG.aspx

--------------------

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wheezie, did you forget you don't keep up with the way they do business now?

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
Originally posted by chgowolvs44:
Wheezie, did you forget you don't keep up with the way they do business now?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. What I meant to say was "THEIR NOSES TOUCH."

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

yep, I was right, they signed Rousey to re-do the Mr. McMahon vs. Austin program, the authority vs. the star, but with Steph and Ronda. Not sure the rest of the womens roster will like this

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/2/8/16991086/report-ronda-rousey-signed-by-wwe-to-build-up-stephanie-mcmahon

quote:
In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required and recommended), a new report says Rousey signing with the WWE as a wrestler will help turn McMahon into an even bigger star outside the ring.

“The key to Rousey is more about Stephanie McMahon, which is why they want that super high-profile match (and if they can get [The Rock] Johnson, it makes it even more high-profile). Stephanie McMahon is a big star in wrestling, but she is not a mainstream star at all. It was explained to me that the key in all this goes back to what made Vince McMahon a big star, which was the program with Steve Austin, and what made Steve Austin a breakthrough star past being a pro wrestling top guy, which was hardly an interview at King of the Ring or the WrestleMania match with Bret Hart, as legend has it, but the angle in Fresno with Mike Tyson.

Rousey is a major sports star. The idea that she was the single most searched female athlete in the U.S. on the Internet in 2017, a year she never competed and for the most part laid low in, speaks volumes. The idea for the program is to make Stephanie a star outside of just the pro wrestling world.

So Ronda's job is to make Stephanie McMahon a big crossover star. Good luck Ronda. But it is a money program as I said before.

[ 02-08-2018, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Zealot
posted 02-08-2018 02:21 PM

Wouldn't Steph need, you know, talent ... or charisma ... or something not implanted by a plastic surgeon ... to be a mainstream star?

Crimson Mask from FL
posted 02-08-2018 03:16 PM

She could make a sex tape. It's worked for other no talent bimbos.

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

It has been announced tonight that Ronda Rousey will be signing her WWE Contract live on the Elimination Chamber PPV. She is being assigned to RAW.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/ronda-rousey-contract-signing-set-wwe-elimination-chamber-251626

You know what a contract signing taking place on tv almost always means in pro wrestling? yep...angle time. Its as predictable as when somebody gets a award on tv too

Does Stephanie McMahon attack Ronda after she signs, to set up WrestleMania, Ronda and Rock vs. Steph and HHH? Or if Johnson's not available, do they do Steph and HHH vs. Ronda and Kurt Angle or something?

[ 02-12-2018, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
yep, I was right

Even a blind squirrel and a broken clock, yada yada.

Course none of the rest of us had that figured out. Wally was the only one in the universe who saw Wrestlemania two years ago when they set the whole angle up.

But yeah, pat yourself on the back. You ******' need one.

--------------------

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Look all I want is to talk pro wrestling. I ask pro wrestling questions.[/QUOTE]

BS you spend about 5 timers more going on about steroids as apparently you think nobody else here is aware of them

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yep, I was right

Sorry Knight, but I scooped you by 10 hours with this breaking news in the other Ronda thread...

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird

posted 02-08-2018 01:10 PM

If we can get Billy Bob to leave the dog alone for a few minutes. I saw this story about Ronda and the real reason she was brought into the WWe...to make Stephanie a big mainstream star!!

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, wrestlinginc

It looks like WWE may be using Ronda Rousey to help make Stephanie McMahon a bigger star, according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

It was noted that one of the more significant reasons WWE hired Rousey was to help boost Stephanie's mainstream status and that the questions surrounding her financial value to the company are secondary.

Boosting Stephanie's image is why they want the super high-profile match at WrestleMania 34 for Rousey, rumored to be Stephanie and Triple H vs. Rousey and an unknown male star, rumored to be The Rock or WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle.

It was noted that while Stephanie is a big name in wrestling, she's not a mainstream star. One of the keys in bringing Rousey in goes back to what made Vince McMahon a star - the program with WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin, and what made Austin a big mainstream star - the feud with Mike Tyson.

While it was believed that Rousey's Royal Rumble handshake with Stephanie was to squash their beef, the idea for their feud is to make Stephanie a star outside of the pro wrestling world.

I would strut around, but I am far too humble of a person to partake in such a lavish display of celebration.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

"One day I was walking and found this big log. Then I rolled the big log over and underneath was a tiny, little stick, and I was like, that log had a child!" - Yoda

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

quote:
Originally posted by the bear:
quote:

Look all I want is to talk pro wrestling. I ask pro wrestling questions.
BS you spend about 5 timers more going on about steroids as apparently you think nobody else here is aware of them [/QUOTE]

Stetoids is wrestling related you are the one who doesnt talk wrestling, you only post to flame or pike kn you have nothing new to add to any conversation

How would you handle thus televised Rousey signing

--------------------
n/a

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biggest misconception in wrestling is that stars take television time away from someone. Ronda Rousey is NOT taking time or a segment, or a spot away from someone.

This argument is one of the more ridiculous arguments we'll ever see in wrestling.

Next people will start arguing the Rock is taking away film "spots" away from up an coming actors who are more talented in their eyes.

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Farmer from WA:
The biggest misconception in wrestling is that stars take television time away from someone. Ronda Rousey is NOT taking time or a segment, or a spot away from someone.

This argument is one of the more ridiculous arguments we'll ever see in wrestling.

Next people will start arguing the Rock is taking away film "spots" away from up an coming actors who are more talented in their eyes.

CM Punk wouldn't agree with you. Part of the reason he quit WWE was he didn't get to main event 'Mania, and other guys-- who hadn't paid his dues or .etc were getting pushed over him, after he'd been one of the top stars. It was legitimately the way he felt.

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

The Rousey signing is set for the Elimination Chamber ppv. in Las Vegas

The table and chairs are in the ring. Stephanie McMahon and HHH areout representing the company, and Kurt Angle is out representing RAW, the brand Ronda is joining. They are wearing suits.

Stephanie announces that she was against this deal, that she thinks Ronda is overrated .etc and that she'll get hurt in the WWE. HHH says, "you are getting in WAY over your head Ronda! For your own good, *don't* sign this deal. We all know your armbar is a joke!" Ronda has a staredown across the table with Steph and HHH.

Vince McMahon's music hits. Vince comes strutting down to the ring. He stares at HHH and Steph. "Ronda Rousey is a great star and the fans want to see her in the WWE ring, so she gets to sign!

Ronda takes the contract from Kurt Angle and signs it, the crowd cheers. "Welcome to RAW!"

Vince then holds up the signed contract, as HHH and Steph come from behind their side of the table to shake Ronda's hand. Then Vince goes, "but NOW Ronda Rousey, your nice ass is OURS I said you could sign, I didn't say you could last here!"

Stephanie nails Ronda from behind and knocks her down. Vince and HHH start kicking and stomping her. Angle pushes Vince away, "stop it!" HHH
starts to pick Ronda up and put her through the table

The MMA Four Horsewomen come out for the save. Ronda is bleeding in the ring, as HHH and Steph have retreated to the aisle with Vince. Ronda grabs the mic, "McMahons! this is WAR!!!!!"

[ 02-13-2018, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Look all I want is to talk pro wrestling. I ask pro wrestling questions.
BS you spend about 5 timers more going on about steroids as apparently you think nobody else here is aware of them
Stetoids is wrestling related you are the one who doesnt talk wrestling, you only post to flame or pike kn you have nothing new to add to any conversation

How would you handle thus televised Rousey signing
[/QUOTE]
I'd have her inject steroids into your eyeballs with a blunt rusty needle for half an hour to give you a the idea of how we feel reading your posts

[ 02-14-2018, 04:07 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------

Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The table and chairs are in the ring. Stephanie McMahon and HHH areout representing the company, and Kurt Angle is out representing RAW, the brand Ronda is joining. They are wearing suits.

Stephanie announces that she was against this deal, that she thinks Ronda is overrated .etc and that she'll get hurt in the WWE. HHH says, "you are getting in WAY over your head Ronda! For your own good, *don't* sign this deal. We all know your armbar is a joke!" Ronda has a staredown across the table with Steph and HHH.

Vince McMahon's music hits. Vince comes strutting down to the ring. He stares at HHH and Steph. "Ronda Rousey is a great star and the fans want to see her in the WWE ring, so she gets to sign!

Ronda takes the contract from Kurt Angle and signs it, the crowd cheers. "Welcome to RAW!"

Vince then holds up the signed contract, as HHH and Steph come from behind their side of the table to shake Ronda's hand. Then Vince goes, "but NOW Ronda Rousey, your nice ass is OURS I said you could sign, I didn't say you could last here!"

Stephanie nails Ronda from behind and knocks her down. Vince and HHH start kicking and stomping her. Angle pushes Vince away, "stop it!" HHH

The MMA Four Horsewomen come out for the save. Ronda is bleeding in the ring, as HHH and Steph have retreated to the aisle with Vince. Ronda grabs the mic, "McMahons! this is WAR!!!!!"

Oh-my-f*cking-gawd dude! You *really* think that Vince & Hunter are going to get physical with Rhonda in that scenario? That crap doesn't fly any more. More likely Steph would have someone like Nia Jax, Tamina, or The Riot Squad come to help her demolish Rhonda than what you described.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

quote:
"McMahons! this is WAR!!!!!"

Are you an actual undercover WWE writer?

--------------------

the bear
Member # 1565

quote:

Here;s a huge contract bigger than any female has ever got, but we don't want you

yeah sounds like gold

why involve McMahons

Just let her squash everyone leading to a title match, female Goldberg no need to over think this

[ 02-14-2018, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ronda Rousey, your nice ass is OURS

I'd agree with Vince on this, she does have what appears to be a nice ass. Of course him saying it would get him on the now deleted Weinstein thread.

-

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

"One day I was walking and found this big log. Then I rolled the big log over and underneath was a tiny, little stick, and I was like, that log had a child!" - Yoda

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 10 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is that anything decent that any of us here could write wouldnt pass their current PG rating, They need to go back to PG 13 to get really hot again

In their next tv deal they should find some network that will let them do PG13 If they were allowed to be R rated OSullivan wpuld probably beg for a job on creative [Smile]

[ 02-14-2018, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

quote:
quote:

Here;s a huge contract bigger than any female has ever got, but we don't want you

yeah sounds like gold

why involve McMahons

Just let her squash everyone leading to a title match, female Goldberg no need to over think this

Because it has already been made abundantly clear that their intent in signing Rousey is to feud with Stephanie, a reboot of tne Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon feud with Ronda as Auatin and Steph rrpresenting the McMahons

I was just working with where they want to go Using Vince as a subtle Weinstein is just topical and will generate more heat when Ronda-- representing women everywhere-- finally armbars him

--------------------
n/a

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
quote:
"McMahons! this is WAR!!!!!"

Are you an actual undercover WWE writer?
That would explain a lot, wouldn't it? About Wally and WWE both.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:

As usual, there's so much wrong with this, I barely know where to begin (which probably means WWE will actually do something very similar to what Wally is proposing).

If the purpose is to "make Stephanie a mainstream star," then she and Ronda are the ONLY two people who need to be at that table during the contract signing. No Vince because then it becomes about Vince. I wouldn't even have Trips in the mix yet, or even Angle. Just Steph and Ronda.

And having Steph start off saying she was against the deal is stupid. Makes her sound like she's not really in charge, which she hates (and which, in this case, would be a stupid plot point).

This needs to be Steph's Ole Anderson moment.

She needs to play the babyface commissioner right up until the moment Ronda's signature goes on the contract. Then she shakes her hand again (just like she did at the Rumble) and she VERY subtly brings up the angle from Wrestlemania.

Hell, she points to the Titan Tron and they play the entire WM clip. Stephanie then points out that Ronda injured her arm but that it's long since healed. But what hasn't healed is her pride. That she humiliated her husband with that hiptoss, that she humiliated her father by making a scene at the event he created, and that she humiliated her (Stephanie) by not "getting the hell out of her ring."

Stephanie should gradually get angrier and angrier, revealing that she signed Ronda because she wants to destroy the myth of Ronda Rousey. That she wants to make her "get the hell out of her ring" on her (Stephanie's) terms. That she's gonna make her life a living hell and sell tickets to all these fans so that they can watch the myth of Ronda Rousey die before their very eyes.

Then when she's done laying out her plan, she tells Ronda once again to "get the hell out of her ring." Ronda refuses, goes for the arm, and that's when Stephanie's FEMALE goons blindside Ronda (no entrance music, just a quick over-the-guard-rail run-in that isn't caught by the cameras until they make contact on Ronda).

Then progress it with Trips getting involved...then Dwayne. But for God sake, keep it f*uckin' simple.

[ 03-07-2018, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah sounds like gold

why involve McMahons

Because it has already been made abundantly clear that their intent in signing Rousey is to feud with Stephanie, a reboot of tne Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon feud with Ronda as Auatin and Steph rrpresenting the McMahons

I was just working with where they want to go Using Vince as a subtle Weinstein is just topical and will generate more heat when Ronda-- representing women everywhere-- finally armbars him

Given the past rape allegations against Vince, I'm sure he doesn't wanna open that can of worms at the moment.

--------------------

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
The problem is that anything decent that any of us here could write wouldnt pass their current PG rating, They need to go back to PG 13 to get really hot again

In their next tv deal they should find some network that will let them do PG13 If they were allowed to be R rated OSullivan wpuld probably beg for a job on creative [Smile]

I don't beg for jobs, moron. I've bailed on gigs with Oscar and Golden Globe-nominated producers so I'm sure as f*uck not bending the knee for half-asses like Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn. You're an idiot.

As for needing to be Rated R to get hot again, that's b*ullshit too. They were hot during the "Attitude Era" because they were running neck-and-neck with an equally hot competitor and they were poaching all of Paul Heyman's ideas to do it.

Doing "Vince Russo Part II" isn't what they need.

They need logic, they need to make the presentation feel fresh again, and they need to stop rehashing the same old backstage skits and "Stone Cold versus Mister Mack-Man" hoo-hah again and again and again as they have for the last 20 years.

"The writers" are just widgets. The Vince McMahon/Kevin Dunn template is what's played out. Doesn't matter if it's "Rated R" ("He said vagina!") or "Rated PG" ("He said snot booger!"), it's still dumb and playing like an episode of "Saved By the Bell."

If you wanna check out the tone of what I would do, maybe you should purchase the actual wrestling show I did. Wasn't Rated R and didn't have a bunch of bad sitcom skits that were framed like porn parodies.

[ 02-14-2018, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

quote:
quote:
[qb] The problem is that anything decent that any of us here could write wouldnt pass their current PG rating, They need to go back to PG 13 to get really hot again

I don't beg for jobs, moron. I've bailed on gigs with Oscar and Golden Globe-nominated producers so I'm sure as f*uck not bending the knee for half-asses like Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn. You're an idiot.

Since nobodys ever heard of anything you ever worked on, why not boast of something you applied for and didnt get, or were fired from, or left by 'mutual agreement' ' bailing in gigs' is a loaded phrase how many oscars and golden globes do you have anyway? You would go running to stamford if they wanted to hire you, dont lie

[ 02-14-2018, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] The problem is that anything decent that any of us here could write wouldnt pass their current PG rating, They need to go back to PG 13 to get really hot again

Since nobodys ever heard of anything you ever worked on, why not boast of something you applied for and didnt get, or were fired from, or left by 'mutual agreement' ' bailing in gigs' is a loaded phrase how many oscars and golden globes do you have anyway? You would go running to stamford if they wanted to hire you, dont lie
You want me to boast of a gig I wanted but didn't get?

Okay. Whatever makes you hard.

I wrote a treatment for the "Gilligan's Island" movie that's been in development at Warners for the past seven years or so. My friend Laury Silvers (daughter of Phil Silvers), who actually used to post on this very board, and her sisters pushed for me (Phil was the original investor in the Gilligan TV pilot and the family still owns a minority stake in the property). I really wanted that gig and it didn't happen. There. Are you happy? I'm CRYING. They gave it to the guy who played the snowman in "Frozen" and it still hasn't gotten to the pre-production stage.

Wanna hear some more failures I've had? I wanted to write the "Buffy" script that was in development with producer Roy Lee and the Kuzuis a few years back (the one that had no involvement from Joss Whedon). Had all of one phone conversation with Roy Lee and it went NOWHERE. Are you satisfied, Wally?! I have a noose around my neck.

We could talk about the zillion other projects that were optioned, or in development if you want. Some that fell apart at the last minute. Some that went nowhere because of the producers involved. Some that went nowhere because I was a control freak. Some that went nowhere because the people attached couldn't stay out of jail or rehab, or that wound up on TMZ for marrying sixteen year old girls.

Keep talking sh*it, Wally. Sh*it's all you got. This message board is YOUR audition for WWE, not mine. That's your dream job, fantasy booker man. And that's about the best you could do.

Truth is, you're not much of a writer. You couldn't write a bad check even if you plagiarized the memo line.

[ 02-14-2018, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Shaving Weezie Jefferson ]

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

you and 500 other people wrote treatments for a Gilligan's Island movie.

treatments of scripts and wanting to do this or not are NOT jobs. You've never gotten anything anybody ever heard of made. Its as bad as CM claiming to be a famous actor based on being an extra on a Miami Vice episode filmed at some gym near where he lives

If you want to have your fantasies fine, but don't flame other people for doing their own thing. Nobody here is writing anything for your approval, your opinion is not important.

I wasn't writing what *I* want to see the WWE do with Rousey, I was trying (and inviting others to try) to give ideas based on what *they* seem to want.

[ 02-14-2018, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

You don't even know what an extra is, you drooling retard.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations