WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » OT- Cats or Dogs as pets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT- Cats or Dogs as pets
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had a choice, which one

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 48 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two dogs and two cats, but if I had a choice of one animal, it would be cats.

--------------------

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
always had a dog.. wife and girlfriends have had cats... my dog lets the world know when I come home..

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Gabba Hey
Member # 20936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabba Hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had dogs all my life, they are great. Got a cat when my last dog passed, absolutely couldn't be happier. She also lets me know when someone is in the yard, or at the door. Just quietly. And she understands the same commands, that my dog did.

--------------------
Im your huckleberry - Tombstone -- Sometimes to beat the bully. you have to be the bully. Michael Jordan. vs the Pistons

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have 11 cats love them all.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by OSJ from NM by way of WA:

Wow! Are they all house cats? If so, how do you deal with the food and litter?

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dogs are man's best friend! Do cats serve in the police or military, or as guide or therapy animals? There is a reason that canines got the nickname 'dog' God spelled backward. Because they stand beside humans and protect them like a God should

[ 11-14-2017, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cats.

I've had three dogs, and five cats in my lifetime. After we had to have our dog put down a couple years back, I wasn't sure about a pet again.

But then we got another cat. She's as friendly as any dog I've had. Follows me around like a dog. Hops on my lap like a dog. Howls when I come home like a dog. It's like a dog without all the work of a dog.

Cats are just so much easier. You don't have to walk them, or let them out. You can go away for a weekend and leave them with food, water and litter.

But if I want to bring her up to our cabin, I can, and she kills mice for me. Our rat terrier (who are bred to kill rodents) didn't do that. So she's useful too.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't chose nor would I want to. It's like saying "Asian girls, black girls, or red heads?" They're all good.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Pillsbury
Member # 43540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dogs 100%.I hate cats.

--------------------
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have FIVE SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!.......FIVE!!!

SWW72 from FL
Member # 1536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWW72 from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have eight cats and one dog. Love them all.

--------------------
SWW72

White Fang from WA
Member # 1458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Fang from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grew up with a dog and was a dog person always. Didn't get cats. When we started our family we moved into an apartment in a brownstone, no backyard, and I wasn't about to get a dog until I was sure it wouldn't be me doing everything. 12 years ago we took in a shelter cat, a Russian Blue, and she's my best friend and comforter. She lays beside me when I'm up late and stays in bed with me if I'm under the weather. I hadn't intended on ever getting a cat but she's the MVP of the family.

Still love dogs to death. Just don't live in a situation where taking care of one wouldn't be a complete pain in the a.

[ 11-14-2017, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: White Fang from WA ]

--------------------
The reason raindances work is because they don't stop dancing until it rains.

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fish.

Easier to flush.

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be deathly afraid of dogs and horribly allergic to cats. When I had a girlfriend who had a dog, I had to get rid of my dog phobia. Now I have a girlfriend who has cats, so I had to overcome my cat allergy. Not sure what helped me more, but I certainly prefer the presence of cats.

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do dog owners think its OK to let their dogs defecate and urinate on peoples lawns. Sure most pick up the stuff in the plastic poop bags they carry put still the dog is pooping on someones property. I don't like it.

--------------------
FREE BEER PARTY 7-8 PM FOR ALL FANS

FuzzFace
Member # 98738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzFace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And cats, the outdoor neighbor roamy ones. They hunt birds. This is wrong. Domestic pets killing wild animals.

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by FuzzFace:
And cats, the outdoor neighbor roamy ones. They hunt birds. This is wrong. Domestic pets killing wild animals.

Feral cats are credited with stopping an explosion of rats and mice.

--------------------

ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cats. For many reasons cats.

But, I had a great dog for 15 years. He hated dogs, loved cats.

FuzzFace
Member # 98738

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:

I don't understand. rats, ferel?

--------------------

FuzzFace
Member # 98738

quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't understand. rats, ferel?
Domestic cats kill birds.

I get that feral cats kill to survive.

--------------------

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

We have dry food available 24/7, "dinner" is more of a treat, like 1/3 of a can per cat, (actually only ten eat wet food, Sandor won't have anything to do with it.)

Two big litter boxes inside, but they all go in and out and (thankfully) prefer to do their business outside. The litter boxes are mainly for night-time when we try and get them all in. It gets friggin cold out there and I worry about coyotes.
It's actually not that hard taking care of them , costs probably $150 a month, but it's worth it.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

quote:

Mine prefer lizards.

--------------------
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

knightmare414
Member # 21742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knightmare414     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I volunteer with our local Boxer rescue, it is dogs all the way. Drove 3.5 hours last week and rescued 11 dogs from a hoarder.

Dogs are so loving and trustful. I have three Boxers of my own.

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou Thesz was a dog trainer. Lou's frequent traveling partner when he rode the highways defending the NWA world title was his Doberman pinscher

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/not-satisfied-with-throwing-whipper-billy-watson-and-nanjo-news-photo/502509909?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#not-satisfied-with-throwin g-whipper-billy-watson-and-nanjo-singh-into-picture-id502509909

--------------------
n/a

sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 cats 1 dog here. The dog came from a no kill shelter. And was abused by his previous owner. It took 6 months and he finally warmed up to our daughter. As long as he warmed up to one of us it's all good. I love the guy but he never warmed up to any of us.

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

whether they make great pets or not, dogs are proven at being managers in Wrestling!

Here is Matilda, manager of the British Bulldogs, at ringside monitoring her team's efforts

-

--------------------
n/a

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:
whether they make great pets or not, dogs are proven at being managers in Wrestling!

Here is Matilda, manager of the British Bulldogs, at ringside monitoring her team's efforts

-

Was this before or after they injected her with steroids and basically killed her?

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
quote:
quote:

We have dry food available 24/7, "dinner" is more of a treat, like 1/3 of a can per cat, (actually only ten eat wet food, Sandor won't have anything to do with it.)

Two big litter boxes inside, but they all go in and out and (thankfully) prefer to do their business outside. The litter boxes are mainly for night-time when we try and get them all in. It gets friggin cold out there and I worry about coyotes.
It's actually not that hard taking care of them , costs probably $150 a month, but it's worth it.

So they're indoor/outdoor cats. I don't know the setting of your house, but I'ma. city boy, and I wouldn't dream about letting my cats outside. Statistics show that the cat's lifespan halves if it's an outdoor cat. I suppose in an area with no traffic might be okay for cats, except of course coyotes.

--------------------

Magnum GA
Member # 1286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnum GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dogs hands down. However, I have been fond of certain cats over the years. Arnold, the farm cat on my grandparents (dad's side) farm. Chester, my grandpa's (mom's side) cat was THE MAN and he knew it. My step daughter had a couple of cats (Mason, who was Chester part 2, and Cookie (definitely a one person cat). My son has a cat (Chuy, who sucker punches the dogs). All three cats were/are rescues.
OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So they're indoor/outdoor cats. I don't know the setting of your house, but I'ma. city boy, and I wouldn't dream about letting my cats outside. Statistics show that the cat's lifespan halves if it's an outdoor cat. I suppose in an area with no traffic might be okay for cats, except of course coyotes.
I'm in little, tiny Gallup, NM. We're in a duplex that the owner built our unit specifically for us and knowing about the cats. They don't need to leave the yard, they're all fixed (except Sandor, and the day is coming very, very soon), so there's not a great deal of roaming. We're on the end of a street that basically goes nowhere, so traffic is minimal.

--------------------
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Cincinnati Kid
Member # 339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cincinnati Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always had dogs, but respect the love and affection that all animals provide.
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cats all the way. Dogs are pigs.

--------------------

I don't like the divorce font!
---
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

quote:
Originally posted by Cincinnati Kid:
I've always had dogs, but respect the love and affection that all animals provide.

Then you agree with the Hindus in India that we should not kill cows for food because they provide affection and aretake superior beings

--------------------
n/a

Wrestling Perspective
Member # 1487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wrestling Perspective   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MTM signature logo is a cat, and that's good enough for me.

--------------------
Fake ... Working Through Wrestling's Past

Olympic Television: Broadcasting The Biggest Show On Earth

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:

-

Was this before or after they injected her with steroids and basically killed her?
this was before...afterwards they capitalized on Matilda's absence too

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0rSqugfDAQ8/T813f39bNtI/AAAAAAAAAZI/EfA6xpcW-jk/s1600/matilda.png

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

besides, dogs are stars! do you know any cats who have a their own Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? [Smile]

-

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

-

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

-

--------------------
n/a

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations