WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » SPOILER ALERT for tonight's SmackDown

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT for tonight's SmackDown
Andy from NY
Member # 7701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrestling Observer/F4W site is reporting that AJ Styles has defeated Jinder Mahal to become the new WWE Champion at tonight's SmackDown taping in Manchester, England. As a result, it is assumed that he will now face Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series instead of Lesnar-Mahal.
IP: Logged
The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why? Why ruin Jinders push like that when you have been building Brock vs Jinder Makes absolutely no sense

--------------------
n/a

jorjorbynks
Member # 12312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jorjorbynks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:
Why? Why ruin Jinders push like that when you have been building Brock vs Jinder Makes absolutely no sense

Maybe Jinder failed a wellness test and they have to get the belt off of him ASAP.

Or he wins it back next week and they go ahead as planned....

--------------------
Pro Wrestling is neither real nor fake. It's magic!

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought maybe they would have a piano on a pole match, after Raw's guitar on a pole match.
wheel23
Member # 5514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wheel23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Styles vs Lesnar would certainly get more buys/subs than Jinder vs Lesnar

I did hear something about Jinder having a should injury not sure if that may be why this happened or not.

They have a tour in India in December Jinder could win it back there.

So you could have
Brock vs Styles

Plus after what happened last night
The Shield vs New Day at survivor series as well

[ 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: wheel23 ]

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Jinder screwed Jinder...

This works just fine if the end result that you're hoping for is Styles vs Nakamura at Wrestlemania.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they want to have Brock destroy AJ at Survivor Series and save Jinder to face him at 'Mania. They have had Brock beat all the top guys on RAW this clean this year, not saving one marquee match him for 'Mania. Why start now? AJ could have the belt long enough to lose to Brock at SS and then drop it back to Jinder afterwards

--------------------
n/a

Frogs
Member # 51578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd much rather see Brock v AJ than Brock v Jinder.

Other than the guilty pleasure of possibly seeing Jinder take a few dozen German suplexes I wasn't looking forward to it.

I am looking forward to Brock v AJ though.

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frogs:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd much rather see Brock v AJ than Brock v Jinder.

I think you are in the majority. I think the problem is the seemingly poor booking.

With the WWE going to India in December, the feeling was Jinder would stay champ at least until then. I would have thought the reason for change is injury, and if fit, Jinder regains in India.

Frogs
Member # 51578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bcleah:
quote:

I think you are in the majority. I think the problem is the seemingly poor booking.

With the WWE going to India in December, the feeling was Jinder would stay champ at least until then. I would have thought the reason for change is injury, and if fit, Jinder regains in India.

Makes sense to me.

I'm getting older and my brain cells don't spark as well as they used to but from what I remember..

This isn't exactly new for the WWE is it? Didn't they put the belt on Del Rio (and maybe Mysterio before him) prior to a trip to Mexico in the past?

[ 11-09-2017, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Frogs ]

Shropshire Slasher
Member # 123456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shropshire Slasher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it’s just marketing to get Jinder over bigger during the Indian tour by having him win the title there rather than just defending it.
Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bcleah:
quote:

Makes sense to me.

I'm getting older and my brain cells don't spark as well as they used to but from what I remember..

This isn't exactly new for the WWE is it? Didn't they put the belt on Del Rio (and maybe Mysterio before him) prior to a trip to Mexico in the past?

Yes; I reckon VKM back in the UK, looking at the half empty arenas was reminiscing about SS92, the sell out at Wembley (80,000), and had an idea after watching Hart/Davey Boy!

[ 11-09-2017, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Bcleah ]

habsfan87 from NL
Member # 8038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for habsfan87 from NL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because not many people really want to see it?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations