WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » OT: The Harvey Weinstein takedown (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: OT: The Harvey Weinstein takedown
The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the old days, sometimes you would see in wrestling a beatdown, where some nefarious heel gets his ass whipped by every face in the back. Because he had it coming.

We are seeing this in real life this weekend, with the royal beat down of one of Hollywood's most powerful studio bosses, Harvey Weinstein-- co-founder of Miramax and the Weinstein Group.

The NYTimes and New Yorker magazine have done detailed articles ripping him apart for being a vicious womanizer. If all these allegations are true, Weinstein makes Bill Cosby look like a boy scout!

Top women stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan, Heather Graham, Rossana Arquette and a whole host of others are now coming out with their own 'casting couch' horror stories. Gwyneth Paltrow says Weinstein tried to come on to her as quid quo pro for a part, and she told then bf Brad Pitt how humiliated she was. Says Pitt threatened to kill Weinstein. Pitt confirmed the story. Apparently a lot of other women were bought off by Weinstein's lawyers. Even gay braodway star Nathan Lane says Weinstein physically assaulted him at a Hillary Clinton fundraiser

Now Weinstein has in the last two days been fired by his studio, disowned by his brother, divorced by his wife (who now says she doesn't want their kids near him), called a monster and other names by A list actors like Meryl Streep, Judi Dench and Nicole Kidman. His original lawyers and publicists have quit.

Weinstein says his brother Bob Weinstein, who cofounded his studios with him, turned on him and this is his brother's vendetta. Someday this is going to be its own movie. This is brutal.

Harvey Weinstein will be lucky if he's left with the clothes on his back. He thought he was being just like any other old school studio boss. But this isn't the 1940s or 50's. These woman are out for blood. HIS blood!

--------------------
n/a

IP: Logged
The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I admit I'm rather enjoying this because I'm still annoyed over the 1999 Oscars, where Weinstein relentlessly bought off voters (reportedly) to make sure his "Shakespeare in Love" won best picture over Steven Spielberg's far more deserving "Saving Private Ryan" Spielberg was robbed. He must thus be enjoying watching this takedown too

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

The New Yorker takedown out today on Weinstein. Its brutal:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/from-aggressive-overtures-to-sexual-assault-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

--------------------
n/a

oblongo
Member # 2502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oblongo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Judi Dench.

bcthomas
Member # 125485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most disgusting part of this, even more disgusting than Weinstein's deplorable behavior, is the executives in TV/print that knowingly kept this covered up for years. It came out today that NBC had this story 4 years ago, with people willing to go on the record, and scrapped it. The Times had it a couple years back, but didn't want to lose out on those movie advertising dollars.

There's a special place somewhere for Harvey Weinstein, and if there is any justice, an equally special place for his enablers.

Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As bad as he is, there are worse.

--------------------
"Okay fun is fun but enough is enough, and so on. We do not need half the front page beening Tocus threads. The old ones have been kicked over to the Markley forum...otherwise the whole gimmick can go over there." --Crimson Mask, 3/18/11

oblongo
Member # 2502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oblongo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rose McGowan has called Ben Affleck a liar for claiming he was unaware of Weinstein's behavior. We might see more of this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/movies/rose-mcgowan-ben-affleck-matt-damon-weinstein.html

quote:
“‘GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT’ you said that to my face,” Ms. McGowan wrote in the tweet. “The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.”

Handsome Rob from LA
Member # 6317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Handsome Rob from LA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bcthomas:
The most disgusting part of this, even more disgusting than Weinstein's deplorable behavior, is the executives in TV/print that knowingly kept this covered up for years. It came out today that NBC had this story 4 years ago, with people willing to go on the record, and scrapped it. The Times had it a couple years back, but didn't want to lose out on those movie advertising dollars.

There's a special place somewhere for Harvey Weinstein, and if there is any justice, an equally special place for his enablers.

Weinstein is falling on his sword for all the other predators in the industry. I’m just a production assistant in NY and heard countless stories from women and some men about abuse. And not just from actors but other p.a.’s and crew members. And not from guys in Weinstein’s position but literally every facet of that industry. And I’m sure, like Weezie wrote, he and Crimson Mask have heard even worse.

Hell, you ask any woman anywhere they’ll have dozens of their own stories.

--------------------
"Yeah I found the love of my life. But I killed her dog before I had the chance to tell her." Sam Elliott from the movie Shakedown

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

It's not new. Judy Garland and Shirley Temple were top stars for their studios as early teens in the 30's If accounts in their various bios are true they were both sexually abused by studio bosses. It was the bosses who got Garland onto booze and drugs when she was young.

[ 10-11-2017, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Cattle_Mutilation
Member # 59807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattle_Mutilation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you haven't watched this it's an eye opener that's for sure

--------------------
Never Drew A Dime!

Any person applying for the position of pro wrestling referee must be of physical unfitness to the degree that the slightest nudge would render him irretrievably unconscious.

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Cara Dekavigne has come forward

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cara-delevingne-comes-forward-sexual-harassment-claims-against-harvey-weinstein-n809881

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

On the other hand, Lindsay Lohan is defending Weinstein

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/11/stand-up-for-harvey-weinstein-lindsay-lohan-reportedly-defends-mogul-in-now-deleted-post.html

Successful working actresses attack studio boss. Desperate out of work former star looking for jobs defends him you get the picture. I'm sure Lohan would give Weinstein a massage or watch him take a shower for a good part in his next movie,..

--------------------
n/a

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:
On the other hand, Lindsay Lohan is defending Weinstein

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/11/stand-up-for-harvey-weinstein-lindsay-lohan-reportedly-defends-mogul-in-now-deleted-post.html

Successful working actresses attack studio boss. Desperate out of work former star looking for jobs defends him you get the picture. I'm sure Lohan would give Weinstein a massage or watch him take a shower for a good part in his next movie,..

I'd consider the source of that statement. Lohan has been a has-been most of her life now and likely was saying to the other bad actors "hey, boys, I can keep kayfabe."
mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first thing I noticed when I read the story, was who wrote it. A guy who has a little experience being around a creepy perv filmmaker.

Ronan Farrow.

[ 10-11-2017, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: mr. disco ]

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Weinstein has checked into rehab

[ 10-11-2017, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Knight:
Weinstein has checked into rehab

The same one in France that has been treating Roman Polanski?

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

oblongo
Member # 2502

Ben Affleck seems to be taking some collateral damage from this.
mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben and his brother have acted pretty sleazily on a number of occasions. They deserve it.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oblongo:
Rose McGowan has called Ben Affleck a liar for claiming he was unaware of Weinstein's behavior. We might see more of this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/movies/rose-mcgowan-ben-affleck-matt-damon-weinstein.html

quote:
“‘GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT’ you said that to my face,” Ms. McGowan wrote in the tweet. “The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.”

And Twitter responded in kind by suspending her ass.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/twitter-suspends-actress-rose-mcgowan-085342788.html

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

"One day I was walking and found this big log. Then I rolled the big log over and underneath was a tiny, little stick, and I was like, that log had a child!" - Yoda

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oblongo:
Ben Affleck seems to be taking some collateral damage from this.

Good. I'm sure his perversion was the worst kept secret in Hollywood. Weinstein was enabled by the likes of Affleck and the now wealthy actresses who were harassed in their early years. Okay, I get it, a young Paltrow and Jolie might be too intimidated to report him. Once they became established and had a net worth of over 100 million, why couldn't they have reported their stories? I don't want to send this to poli forum, but I get a kick out of these celebrities that claim to be pro female, but turned a blind eye to this reprehensible pervert.

[ 10-12-2017, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Now James Van Der Beek says he was sexually harassed on the set of Dawson's Creek by one of the male producers. Expanding this beyond Weinstein to the point that there are a whole lot of pervs in powerful positions in the movie and TV business

[ 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it different that the head of Fox News and his actions? IMO, no, they are both worthy of criminal charges..

been going on forever, whenever people have the power over others, some will use it in disgusting manners..

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Cone Stold
Member # 19963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cone Stold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea while it's disgusting it's not surprising. I did get stuck seeing some of the coverage on Fox about this and did find their spin on it interesting given all the issues their network has had in that area.

Seems like when money and power are involved there is always some creep there looking to take advantage.

Handsome Rob from LA
Member # 6317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Handsome Rob from LA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but the way you wrote your comment, it reads like you think she’s the problem.

--------------------
"Yeah I found the love of my life. But I killed her dog before I had the chance to tell her." Sam Elliott from the movie Shakedown

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Handsome Rob from LA:
quote:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but the way you wrote your comment, it reads like you think she’s the problem.
No no not at all. That's not what I meant. It was supposed to be a "no good deed goes unpunished" type post.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

"One day I was walking and found this big log. Then I rolled the big log over and underneath was a tiny, little stick, and I was like, that log had a child!" - Yoda

oblongo
Member # 2502

Amazon Studios head suspended after sexual harassment claim.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/business/media/amazon-roy-price-isa-dick-hackett.html

Handsome Rob from LA
Member # 6317

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Handsome Rob from LA:
quote:

No no not at all. That's not what I meant. It was supposed to be a "no good deed goes unpunished" type post.
My apologizes.

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

from Vareity.com:

quote:
Rose McGowan returned to Twitter after a 12-hour temporary suspension of her account with claims that Harvey Weinstein raped her, clarifying previous statements that she had been sexually assaulted by an unnamed studio head.
McGowan, who had previously been suspended because, according to Twitter, “one of her Tweets included a private phone number,” which violates of the platform’s Terms of Service, said in a series of five tweets directed to Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos that Weinstein “raped” her. “Over & over I said it,” she wrote. “He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof.”

this is about to get a lot worse, the **** is hitting the fan

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

quote:
“@jeffbezos I am calling on you to stop funding rapists, alleged pedo[philes] and sexual harassers,” McGowan said in a Twitter message directed to the Amazon billionaire “I love @amazon but there is rot in Hollywood,” McGowan wrote, just hours after Twitter lifted a 12-hour suspension that temporarily blocked the actress from posting.

In a separate development on Thursday, Amazon I suspended Roy Price, the head of its studios, after “Man in the High Castle” producer Isa Hackett told the Hollywood Reporter that he had repeatedly propositioned her and made lewd comments

you know this hasn't been a good year at the box office for movies and this isn't going to help. I know they are about to kick Harvey Weinstein out of the Academy but that isn't going to solve this...huge PR problem for the whole industry.

[ 10-12-2017, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Van Der Beek is interesting, because there's been allegations for years about people in the industry preying on kids. I don't know how serious people took Corey Feldman's allegations about this a few years ago, because he's so bizarre, but I tend to think it's probably true.

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
As bad as he is, there are worse.

After reading about the two Coreys, I'm sure this creep is rather mild.

--------------------

Pbhero
Member # 81542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pbhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know personally how far Corey Haim fell...and whatever happened to him contributed to his demise...big time.
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by Pbhero:
I know personally how far Corey Haim fell...and whatever happened to him contributed to his demise...big time.

Exactly! Unfortunately, males, young or old, have a harder time reporting sexual abuse than females for a variety of reasons. Now that the shoe fell on Weinstein, I'm praying that male actors who were molested come forward and tell their story. I hope the Trump administration leads an investigation on the movie industry. By all accounts, it's an unpoliced sewer pit.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Almost as bad as the Trump Administration.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:

Oh come on! When there are little boys being molested and women sexually abused in the White House (currently, not from 1993-2001) then I think there should be a full scale investigation.

Gotta say that I'm hoping that Conservatives aren't gonna make this a Dem-Rep or Conservative-Liberal issue. Lord knows there's been more than enough Bible thumpers being unmasked as perverts.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I think you need to refold your tinfoil hat.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Wait, according to Shaving Weezie, there's a lot worse. His range of knowledge in this industry goes way beyond mine. I'll also take the word of Corey Haim, who was molested and claims that it's rather common in that industry.

--------------------

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Or any local police department or jail in the country.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
quote:

Or any local police department or jail in the country.
Let the false equivalencies begin!

[ 10-13-2017, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

--------------------

Austin Idle
Member # 119843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Austin Idle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only imagine what kind of horror stories child actresses like Drew Barrymore or Hayden Panettiere have.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations