WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Which Wrestlers Currently Have Creative Control?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Wrestlers Currently Have Creative Control?
davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In any fed--even the indys.

Perhaps some of them have at least a little bit of creative control?

No need to mention HHH--that is, if he is still considered a "wrestler," and, yes, i understand the WWE doesn't call them "wrestlers"--they are called "superstars." [Roll Eyes]

IP: Logged
timbo_slice
Member # 20992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbo_slice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably none at this point, although a Cena or someone on that level can get things changed if they want.
Curt Injurker
Member # 6203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Injurker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to believe the New Day have complete control/authorial ownership of their promos.

The stuff they are doing is so far afield of the performative macho posturing WWE assigns its talents that I can't believe anyone who comes up with the other stuff on TV is influencing the New Day's promo work.

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Jack

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno about in a contract but I figure brock isn't going to do anything he doesn't want to

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All wrestlers have creative control if they chose to take the risk of getting fired.

No wrestler today has it built into a contract. But since wrestlers are independent contractors they control what they do. If they don't like something they can stop doing it.

The New Day have their promos written for them. No one spends more time with the writers than those three. They are all very creative and spend time with the writers to work on their ideas.

--------------------
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
www.defywrestling.com
http://mlwradio.com/

Shropshire Slasher
Member # 123456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shropshire Slasher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this day and age I don't think anyone has that control. Cena is past the stage where he might have had some but today just does what's good for the company. Hunter has some but he is also creative so that's not the same.
The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think after Montreal '97 when they saw how little Bret Hart's 'creative control' (which he had in his deal with the wwf) meant, nobody saw the point in asking for it anymore

--------------------
n/a

Werdna
Member # 38248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Werdna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jinder Mahal
UCW SLAM
Member # 2353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UCW SLAM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You always have creative control if you're a big enough star that you can walk out and the company will miss you. Most today, however, are under their thumb.
dw
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one. Why would the office still allow the talent creative control? They have no place to go as a bargaining chip.

--------------------
It may be my sole purpose in life is, quite simply, to serve as a bad example to others.

Robot Monster
Member # 41971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robot Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock and Brock.
If there's nowhere else to go in terms of wrestling promotions, it'd be the guys who have a "somewhere else" that exists beyond pro wrestling and can reasonably feel like Vince needs them more than they need him.

izzyslap1
Member # 126940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for izzyslap1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on what you mean by creative control. In IACW neither the wrestlers nor anyone else is given a script to follow. They know in general what I want and then are free to do their own thing, both in the ring and on the mic, as long as it follows the general direction and end result they know I want. Now they are free to veer from that, but also know full well that they will no longer work for IACW if they do.

Take care,
Izzy

dw
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Izzy, that's called being a booker. Shame on you.

--------------------
It may be my sole purpose in life is, quite simply, to serve as a bad example to others.

izzyslap1
Member # 126940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for izzyslap1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dw:
Izzy, that's called being a booker. Shame on you.

I confess lol

Take care,
Izzy

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations