WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Shibata Returns

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shibata Returns
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

'I'm alive!'

This was not expected.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

IP: Logged
Grobbit
Member # 80932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone please sit this guy down and make him watch Misawa's last match.....

--------------------
"If I hit him with the left hand and he's still standing, I will walk around him to see whats holding him up." - Harley Race

HEN from MS
Member # 3801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEN from MS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grobbit:
Someone please sit this guy down and make him watch Misawa's last match.....

That would probably serve as motivation for him to continue.

--------------------
"Yip!" -- Jumpin' Jeff Farmer

Kev McGrath
Member # 3513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev McGrath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He looks in remarkable shape for a guy who was from all accounts not far off being a lifelong invalid a couple of months ago.
BellaRD3
Member # 128826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BellaRD3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was an amazing moment, and he looks great.
Mon-Ray-Al
Member # 3439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-Ray-Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bless his soul. May he be well. Pretty much my favorite wrestler in the World.

--------------------
THE FIRE WITHIN

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something that I never expected to see. While I'm very happy for him, I'm also more than a bit concerned about how this will play out. I just hope that he can tone things down a notch or two, we all know he's a tough SOB, he doesn't need to keep proving it every time he gets in the ring.

I won't say that he's my favorite, (Naito is), but he's definitely in the top five and I wish him well. I know that the NJPW guys are going to do stupid, unsafe **** from time to time, so I guess I'll wear my badge of hypocrisy while supporting the product while at the same time bitching about the level of risk-taking that occurs.

I just wish more of the NJPW guys would realize that there's a happy medium between strong style and killing yourself. There are reasons that 50-something Liger is still going out there and putting on great performances. Tanahashi is forty and has been working with one arm most of the last year, but if you want to bet against him still being a top draw ten years from now, I'll be happy to take your money. I think we can probably include Omega and Naito in the same class... Guys that have figured out where the balance is. Hopefully, that group continues to grow, we don't need more Misawa tragedies.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OSJ from NM by way of WA:
This is something that I never expected to see. While I'm very happy for him, I'm also more than a bit concerned about how this will play out. I just hope that he can tone things down a notch or two, we all know he's a tough SOB, he doesn't need to keep proving it every time he gets in the ring.

I won't say that he's my favorite, (Naito is), but he's definitely in the top five and I wish him well. I know that the NJPW guys are going to do stupid, unsafe **** from time to time, so I guess I'll wear my badge of hypocrisy while supporting the product while at the same time bitching about the level of risk-taking that occurs.

I just wish more of the NJPW guys would realize that there's a happy medium between strong style and killing yourself. There are reasons that 50-something Liger is still going out there and putting on great performances. Tanahashi is forty and has been working with one arm most of the last year, but if you want to bet against him still being a top draw ten years from now, I'll be happy to take your money. I think we can probably include Omega and Naito in the same class... Guys that have figured out where the balance is. Hopefully, that group continues to grow, we don't need more Misawa tragedies.

While I enjoy the product that New Japan has, I can't help but to be concern about someone slipping up. The piledriver spot on the table and missing was just example I'm afraid of. Luckly Omega wasn't injured.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations