WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » pro wrestling first double shot?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pro wrestling first double shot?
MoneyDragon
Member # 4646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MoneyDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any info on the first one? What company and year?

--------------------
free

IP: Logged
Steve Berberovic
Member # 7569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Berberovic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think back in the carnival days they might allow guys to work another carnival in say the next town over, and that technically constitutes a "double shot" for the talent, at least.

Crockett Senior was at times running 2-3 shows a night in the late 60's, early 70's and I'd imagine guys worked double shots quite often on Saturdays and Sundays back then, in that loop.

So I'll take a wild guess and say Crockett Sr.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possible as he went back to the '30s but as far as the carnys most of them also wrestled pro so I would imagine double shots were common.

So long from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Grobbit
Member # 80932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Britain in the 1930s in London, there were so many shows that it was common for wrestlers to work 2 or even 3 times a day.

--------------------
"If I hit him with the left hand and he's still standing, I will walk around him to see whats holding him up." - Harley Race

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Milo Steinborn speak of making double shots so I would say the 1930's. Of course he could have meant a strong man feat and wrestling so that wouldn't count. I assumed he meant wrestling.

[ 07-18-2017, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: The Coach ]

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
30's seems to be the consensus here.

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the latest I'd say.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations